Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Innocent Bystander Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default The Tower of Tears (RP)

“Long ago in the region Johto, there was a battle. Yes, there have been countless battles before, but this battle was special. Over the city of Ecruteak, Lugia and Ho-oh battled with one another. This happened once every year on the very same date. It was nothing special to the citizens of the city.

At least it seemed so. Lugia and Ho-oh’s battles with one another grew ever more intense. This specific battle, however… took itself to new heights. The two Legendary Pokémon used never before seen attacks against each other. More powerful, destructive attacks.

The battle ended with a draw and as the citizens of Ecruteak hurried to care for those wounded in the destruction that ensued. The powerful winds summoned by Lugia’s wings toppled houses and swept off children, who were never found again. Ho-oh’s flaming attacks set near everything they touched ablaze.

However Lugia’s power was the most destructive and thus the humans blamed it alone for the destruction. It was human nature to find a scapegoat, however neither of the Legendary Pokémon knew this.

And as such, Lugia was heartbroken. “Then I shall leave…but not without this. A curse upon you and all your descendants. When The Diamond Pole of your city fails to exist… so shall Ecruteak and all who hail from this most impure city…” And with those words, Lugia flew off to the Whirl Islands where it has been since said to weep, its heart broken forevermore. Betrayed by its very followers.

Even with Lugia’s status in their culture--The God of the Wind and Sea, the humans paid no heed to its words. They went on with their lives, rebuilding their city under the intent and watching eyes of Ho-oh.

Happy to be rid of its archrival after so long, Ho-oh lived happily. It burned Lugia’s tower to the ground, taking pity on the three Pokémon that happened to be trapped inside, turning them into Raikou, Suicune, and Entei. Disappearing into the top of The Tin Tower, Ho-oh left the task of watching the humans to its now faithful servants. Ho-oh over time disappeared into the golden beam that now supports the last floor of The Tin Tower.

The Diamond Pillar in the center of Ecruteak slowly began to crumble away…and centuries from now, it is likely little more than three feet. The once proud pillar of pure diamond having shrunk to ten times its original size. The older citizens of Ecruteak believe in The Legend of the Diamond Pillar not… But the youth of that cursed city does…” -Book of Fables

Character List
1. Zephyr Prince-=-Innocent Bystander
2. Takahashi Emi-=-Gaby
3. Kenneth Metzger-=-Neo Pikachu
4. Xhalla Guetaa-=-Vedros
5. Sachiko-=-Chiakakiri

=+=+=+=Prologue (Introductory Posts)=+=+=+=

“Zephyr, what are you up to this time…?” Solstice sighed as she poked her head through the doorway to the room of the spiky-haired teen. Her gleaming magenta eyes immediately began to focus on the teen as he fiddled with a variety of tools laid out on the nearby desk. And old trunk was in the middle of the room and judging by the crowbar in Zephyr’s hand, he intended to see what was inside, despite the lack of a key. “wo—I don’t recall giving you permission to raid my dwelling,” she huffed before leaping forward and wrapping the length of her body around the old cedar wood chest.

“Eh,” he grunted, looking at Solstice with a dull expression, “What’s in this thing anyway?” Zephyr knew the chest belonged to the Dragonaire, but didn’t seem to care much.

“Rest assured the contents aren’t meant for your trouble-making hands,” Solstice turned up her nose. “Besides, you should respect the privacy of someone else’s property.”

“You know, whenever you say something isn’t for me, it’s usually something I should really see…” Zephyr said in an undertone as his eyes locked with the Draginaire’s deeply colored eyes, “Of course, we wouldn’t be in this situation if you hadn’t caused the torrential downpour outside.”

Solstice shifted her face toward the ground as if to be placing great effort into her thoughts. Another situation she let herself be drawn into without even realizing until it was too late. She sighed and turned back toward Zephyr who still had the crowbar in his hand. “Alright then. If you can find the key, then you can see what’s inside.” Surely Zephyr wouldn’t even come close to thinking where she hid it…

“It’s under your tongue,” the teen said dully, “Up until now I just thought it was some sort of tongue piercing, but it seemed like a good guess.”

Solstice let her jaw drop as she blankly stared at Zephyr. Beaten by a guess, humility replaced the positive energy in her body. “Well, so much for keeping this out of human hands…” she mumbled, somehow managing to turn the wet key in its lock.

As soon as humanly possible, Zephyr bent down and flung open the chest, nearly sending Solstice into the nearby wall as well. His hair stayed stiff while his clothes went wild in the burst of wind that rushed out of the trunk. The only item inside the box was a thick book, coated in a layer of dust. Without any regard for possible consequences, he lifted the heavy book and raised an eyebrow toward solstice, who rolled her eyes and blew the dust away. “It’s a book,” he stated the obvious as he lifted his button-down over his nose, to avoid breathing in any of the dust that was now floating in the air.

“We can see that, simpleton.” Solstice rolled her eyes before slithering out of the room, slamming the door shut with her tail, the two orbs leaving a sizable mark.

The door would stay closed until Zephyr managed to tackle the door open—a takes that grew harder as time wore on, due to Solstice’s ever increasing strength. With a sigh, he turned back to the book in his hands, crossing his legs. By the large gold script on the black backdrop of the book’s color, he figured the title had some relevance to the words Book of Fables, however the foreign characters appeared difficult to decipher.

Opening the book proved to be a challenge, as the yellowed pages seemed to refuse revealing themselves. But the inside was undoubtedly the same illegible gibberish. Zephyr stood up and looked toward the door, intending to ask Solstice if she could translate. It was her book in the first place.

The door hadn’t wedged itself shut and a charging Zephyr came flying into the courtyard that served as a foyer for the large house. Hunched over the book, he dashed through the ankle-deep water and into a nearby grotto, calling out to Solstice, whom he knew was somewhere inside.

Forgetting about the rain, he ran down the slope inside the cave, only to find himself over his head in the clear liquid. Taking into full account his horrid skills in the field of swimming, he struggled to keep his eyes open and continued forward. It was only seconds later that he emerged, sopping wet, gasping for air.

A nearby fire gave the darkness of the cave’s other half substantial light and provided a comforting warmth. Solstice turned to look at him as he surfaced, knowing in her mind that he wanted a translation. The soft glow of the fire lit her body with a sense of power. Almost as if her words would decide the fate of Zephyr and his friends.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Chiakakiri Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: The Tower of Tears (RP)

-------->>>>Prologue (Introduction post)<<<<--------

Another day I guess.. dang, it's 6 AM...

SLAM

Sachiko violently hit her plug-in Mudkip alarm clock, she rose from her bed, her crimson hair is a terrible mess. She had stayed in the Pokemon Center room that night, so she hadn't been all that comfortable. Her emerald eyes, dull from waking up so early, brightened as soon as she saw him. Minato was at her bedside, wagging his nine gorgeous tails happily, his headband slightly loose. Sachiko smiled, "Turn around, silly." she said softly. Minato turned & she tightened his headband. "There." she said. Minato turned around, his crimson eyes met her emerald ones. Sachiko sighed & hopped out of bed. "Well Minato, it's another sunny day, I'd better get dressed!" She announced happily, patting him on the head. Sachiko was only confident around her Pokemon & solely them, around others that confidence hit ground zero.

She dug into her bag & pulled out her clothes. Sachiko ran into the bathroom to change. Minato walked in a circle impatiently, he seemed worried. "Ok I'm done!" Sachiko announced. "Nine, ninetails!" Minato wailed at Sachiko in a worried manner. "Huh? What's wrong..?", Minato could somehow sense that the Book of Fables was in the hands of a human. Though Sachiko hadn't the slightest idea about the book. Minato scratched at the door franticly. "Oh, ok boy..lemmie grab my bag first.", Sachiko grabbed her icy blue bag & both headed out the door. Sachiko & Minato headed for the Pokemon Center door, "Hi Nurse Joy!" Sachiko yelled quickly, but before the pink-haired nurse could respond, Sachiko & Minato were gone.

What's gotten into Minato?

Little did she know that it was her good friend, Zephyr, who possessed the book & that the time has come for the greatest adventure of her lifetime. The Book of Fables is in human hands..

OOC: Sorry, it's kinda short. I really don't know what else to say at this point.

Last edited by Chiakakiri; 11-02-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Kenneth Metzger
Pokémon Center, Ekruteak City, Johto

Dawn. Man, how I hate mornings.

Six AM… morning, and I was tired as hell. My head was pounding and I didn’t get any sleep last night because of it. I just sat alone at one of the vacant tables with the image of a red Pokéball outline on the surface of the table, just looking down at the surface with my right hand's palm stuffed against my right cheek while the elbow rested on the table. I could barely keep my eyes open either...

And I could have sworn Nurse Joy asked me if I was okay at least five times by now. Unfortunately, I had run out of aspirin for myself, and the only places in town sold medicine for Pokémon and not people. That was a killer. No way in hell was I going to walk all the way to Goldenrod with a pounding headache just to get aspirin.

When I least suspected it, some young girl skipped in with a Clefairy and a Skitty gleefully trotting behind her, but I only noticed it out of the corner of my eye. When I could no longer see her without moving my head, which I didn’t feel like doing, I just ignored and forgot about her presence.

“I came to check up on my precious Butterfree!” She shouted with annoying glee, “How is she doing?”

“Your… Butterfree is fine, Jessica.” Nurse Joy smiled nervously, “But, I confirmed that your Butterfree is actually a male. If you look at these markings on his wings, you’ll see…”

“Oh no no no!” She laughed and interrupted her, getting annoyingly high-pitched with each successive ‘no,’ “I know my Butterfree is my special precious girl. In fact, that reminds me! I thought of a name for her, and its definitely going to be Dreamgirl! Isn’t that sweet!?”

I wonder if that Butterfree got incapacitated on purpose.

Still, I didn’t move a muscle. Nurse Joy just shrugged, and gave this Jessica her Butterfree back, probably to be pummeled and have the stuffing beat out of it in yet another incompetent battle. But, I didn’t think much of it and just kept sitting there, hoping this damn headache would get out of my system.

“What’s your name!?” I suddenly heard her scream at me.

“Nuuhh.” I replied, too tired to talk.

“Wow, that’s a weird name!” She laughed, trying too damn hard to be cute, “We can have a battle outside! My cute Pokémon against yours!”

I just buried my face in my arm flat against the table, hunched over and just itching for the moment she would be quiet and leave me alone.

“Well fine, be that way, Nuh!” She complained, heading out of the Pokémon Center, “I don’t want to talk to you again!”

You and me both, babe.

I just sat there, hoping it wouldn’t be long until Zephyr got back. How he could be up and running at this hour was totally beyond me, but that was him. I sure wasn’t a morning person at all.

“Hi Nurse Joy!”

I could have sworn I heard Sachiko calling about before running out the door like her hair was on fire and needed to dive into a swimming pool. Truthfully, I didn’t care, I was too tired and in mental pain to really talk about anything to her. Plus, it sounded like Minato was right behind her. What they were up to, I really didn’t know, but it did sound like something chaotic.

I did feel kind of weird being around all these kids, but hey, there was something about watching after younger kids that did feel good. Kind of like being a guardian, and making sure other people didn’t try to hurt or take advantage of them. Most of these kids were in their early teens while I was 21, but hey, it was about making sure they were safe and out of harm’s way.

For now, I could use a few more moments of half-sleep before Zephyr got back…

Old 11-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Gaby Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaby

"Waking up everyday at five in the morning. It's fun, and rewarding, in its own way."

//Takahashi, Emi//
//Pokemon Center, Ekruteak City, Johto//

"Miss Joy... I'm here for... for Senritsu-Kun..."

That's all I said after I walked into the local Pokemon Center only seconds ago. Senritsu-Kun, or Senritsu, as all others called him. He is my Flygon, and one of my few friends. I watched as Miss Joy nodded at me before walking off into the back. I sighed and walked over to a nearby table, not noticing the man that was there.

"I knew it... I shouldn't have forced him like that... damnit Emi... think straight for once!"

I slammed my head on the table, groaning. And still, not noticing the man sitting infront of me. I banged my head a few times on the table, though it was lightly, so it barely hurt. After doing so, I looked up, and there infront of me was Kenneth. Strange how a fifteen year old girl and a twenty-one year old man could be friends.

"O-Oh... Kenneth-Senpai... ohayoo... sorry you had to see that..."

I tried my best to smile. Even a little would suffice. Luckily, I managed to pull out a little smile. Ah, trying to look like nothing's wrong to everyone. It's hard. So very damn hard.

Tumblr is afros-on-fire.tumblr.com
Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-
Minecraft username is afros_on_fire

Now you know. <3
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 AM
vedros Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to vedros Send a message via MSN to vedros Send a message via Yahoo to vedros

Xhalla was awoken abruptly by the sudden shake of his Gastrodon. He had been leaning agianst her for the night, while his Arcanine, Kuya, slept beside him. Kadi the Kirlia slept in his pokeball, afraid of something that could happen in the middle of the night.
Xhalla was still just waking up when a thought occured; wasn't he sleeping on top of Gastrodon? He stood up quickly, waking Kuya.

'Gastrodon!' he exclamied. 'Did you take me to Azalea while a-a-I I slept?'

He looked at her angrily, she stared back blankly. He had fallen asleep just outside Goldenrod, and she had moved him all the way to Azalea. Maybe he should have been furious, but he was angry with her. Not seriously enraged, however, he got mad at her often. He was quickly over it as he rested his hand on her back (OOC: Shell?), and returned her to her Poke-Ball.

Kuya the Arcanine was giant compared to Xhalla. Kuya lowered himself to the ground, and Xhalla sat on top of him. Then Kuya started to run.

'Time for another day!'

He was only comfortable enough to do things like talk around his Pokemon companions.

In an instant, Xhalla found himself in Ilex Forest, and was ready for Ecruteak, where he would earn himself the fourth badge.

OOC: I hate first posts, I have trouble getting going good.

Last edited by vedros; 11-08-2007 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Added Colour To Dialog
Old 11-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Kenneth Metzger

Painfully, the situation didn’t improve. I just waited to head back to sleep, but I still couldn’t get over this headache, and I would miss Zephyr’s return. Still, I probably wouldn’t be able to see a mattress until later this afternoon considering the way things were going.

It was just then that I had seen Takahashi come through the glass sliding doors, and look toward Nurse Joy. I could faintly see her face through my drooping and heavy eyelids, but still, it was killing my head.

“Miss Joy… I’m here for… for Senritsu-Kun…” She spoke to her.

Oh man, this was the reason why I was never too serious about Pokémon training. You sleep and wake like the Amish. At what time were these trainers up, at 4:30 in the morning? I swear these kids must have gone to sleep right after dinner. That was nuts.

While Nurse Joy headed to the back to get this “Sentritsu-Kun” for Takahashi, she sat down at the same table I was sitting. Boy, now this was embarrassing. I knew I must have looked like a wreck, but it seemed she really didn’t notice me that much. Well thank god.

“I knew it... I shouldn't have forced him like that... damnit Emi... think straight for once!”

She then started pounding her head on the table, and man, I thought I had it bad! But I knew… Pokémon trainers both loved and hated this place. It was great to have, but it was a shame to have to go here. No one really liked to come walking through those doors with their tails in between their legs, but it was just a fact of life… especially with beginning trainers.

She then looked up and noticed me.

“O-Oh... Kenneth-Senpai... ohayoo... sorry you had to see that...”

“Its… nuthin.” I told her, managing to break a mumble into a lightly audible moan, “Yeah…”

I could figure I knew what she was thinking about while we were here. What was I doing here after all with Zephyr? Let’s just say, I’m a work first, play later kind of guy. Get college done, and then do training. It felt silly, but then again, the friends I had were all gone now. Besides, more or less, there were people out there that would try and take advantage of these kids. I’ve seen it, and its an ugly sight. If me just being around can help that, then its all the better.

That… and the boredom was killing me slowly and painfully. If Zephyr was on to something, heck… it was sure better than barking at people at that old architecture firm. Besides… they were so old school that it was murder on the brain, and was making me bored with life. But, by moving around and seeing the world, I’d get better ideas than stick with their methods. And yeah, I did make sure I was getting this down in notes and on paper.

And thankfully, money wasn’t an issue. At least it wouldn’t be for a while.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Amateur Trainer

=+=+=+=Chapter One: Jade Forest=+=+=+=
One muddy dirt board ride later, Zephyr found himself standing outside the sliding doors of the Pokécenter. Kerrik hustled himself through the glass doors, passing a wet glance toward the spiky-haired teen. At a button’s press, the large-wheeled board folded into the size of a credit card—another one of technology’s mechanical miracles.

With a sigh, Zephyr picked up the compacted dirt bard and strolled through the doors, the lower half of his person covered with wet dirt. “Hey, Nurse Joy,” he greeted the pink-haired veterinarian, before taking a quick scan of the lobby. Kenneth and Takahashi were sitting at a table, “talking,” to each other.

“Zephyr…” Joy sighed under her breath, turning back to the computer nearby. She knew that even though the teen had a license, he’d never battled before. And as usual, Zephyr was dropping in for no apparent reason.

“Hey guys, I found a book in a foreign language,” he said, holding up the Book of Fables as if it were the very first copy of a new videogame.

There didn’t seem to be much reaction but a looked from Nurse Joy and a dull glance from Kerrik, who was busy drying off his wings. Kenneth had an apparently valid reason, appearing to have a headache of biblical proportions.

((OOC: Miniscule compared to my intro, but there wasn't much to work on at the moment.))
Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Chiakakiri Offline
Amateur Trainer

Minato had soon led Sachiko back to the Pokemon Center's front door. Sachiko was nearly furious, but she didn't yell. It's something she hated to do-- especially at her friends, her Pokemon.

Sachiko rubbed her forehead & sighed. "You..you led us in a near circle.." she groaned. Minato barked gleefully & Sachiko pulled a comical "face fall".

Minato & Sachiko walked into the Pokemon Center, only to have Minato freak out & begin to circle Zephyr. Minato was acting unusually hostile. He growled & snapped his jaws while circling Zephyr.

Sachiko glared, "Down Minato." she commanded in a firm tone of voice. Minato's tails flared & lowered. He quickly retreated & cowered behind Sachiko. "I'm so sorry Zephyr, I don't know what has gotten into him. Minato has been weird lately, he even led me in a circle!"

Sachiko scratched her head. She had missed the announcement Zephyr made about the book. "Hey, what's the book for?"

OOC: Sorry for my absence guys.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Amateur Trainer

((OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post. Things are just done a little differently where I come from.))

“It’s okay. And I was just about to start on that, before Minato came around,” Zephyr said, glancing over his shoulder, “It’s apparently some book that somebody wrote a long time ago,” he added, placing extra emphasis on the word, ‘long.’ He turned at an angle to face the group, seeing that Sachiko had seated herself at a table with the rest of their friends. “I had Solstice translate it, but the language was so old I could hardly knew the definitions of what most of the words meant. But I caught the part about everyone of Ecruteak descent dying, because of something that had to do with the Brass Tower burning down and the Diamond Pillar crumbling.” Amazingly, Zephyr seemed quite calm, despite his life being in jeopardy.

“I expected such a lackluster summary—especially from you, Zephyr,” Solstice sighed, rapidly releasing herself from the Luxury Ball that Zephyr put her in, whenever she insisted on traveling with him. “You left out certain details that are better off being mentioned. The book mentions four keys and their link to the Whirl Islands and Lugia’s dwelling. Not to mention, we’ve got a time limit. By the end of the month, the Diamond Pillar will have completely disintegrated, leaving nothing but a pile of worthless stones. And when that happens, everyone with Ecruteak ancestry will slowly have their life force drained away. And I’m not simply referring to just the humans…” her voice trailed off as she cast a glance toward Kerrik, who gave a negative reaction. “But what you should know is that I was the one whom Lugia ordered to hide the keys to her, ‘palace,” Solstice began, hanging her head over the shoulder of a curious Zephyr, “Their exact locations have slipped my mind, though I do remember the general areas where I’ve hidden them. Of course, there’s the matter of countless traps and devout guards with immense power…”

“Humans aren’t exactly stupid, you know,” Zephyr interjected, sliding Solstice off of his shoulder, “We’ll just have to think about our steps and have a few good battle strategies. Besides, if all the keys are in Johto, then a month should be enough time. No sweat. We just have to convince Lugia to come back to Ecruteak and we’ll smooth at the relations again. Right?”

Solstice sighed, shaking her head. “Even if I did set one or two of those traps, there are bound to be more I don’t have a clue about. And chances are, they’re above your mental capacity. It’s likely you’ll die trying. But, if you really want to go through with it, then we should all head for the center of Jade Forest. There aren’t any traps, but becoming lost is a possibility—”

“So we’re off to Jade Forest then?” Zephyr interrupted another of Solstice’s longwinded monologues before she could put anyone to sleep out of possible boredom.

“Yes,” Solstice breathed out in an exasperated breath, mumbling things about Zephyr’s lack of respect for the opposite gender and such. “It’s southwest of Town Square, if you don’t know the exact location of the forest.”
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Kenneth Metzger

After what seemed to be a while, I heard the sliding doors open once again, and there was Zephyr, half-covered in dirt from his waist to his feet. Man, I only wondered how he could do stuff like this so early in the morning. I could swear this kid was in bed at 7 PM every night.

“Hey guys, I found a book in a foreign language.” Zephyr told us all like he had found gold.

My extreme headache really didn’t feel like wanting to read, and especially try and figure out something that was in a foreign language. Man, if there was one class I really hated the most, it was any language class I’ve ever had to take. Right now, I didn’t even feel like reading English. I think even just reading a stop sign would kill me here.

It was then that Sachiko’s Ninetales had come through the door, and began acting hostile. The growling was pretty rough, but honestly, the pain was nicely muffling the sound I wasn’t paying attention to.

“Down Minato.” Sachiko told him in a firm voice as she gave him a glare.”

After her Ninetales cowered away and got behind her, she looked back to Zephyr, still standing there with the book.

“I'm so sorry Zephyr, I don't know what has gotten into him. Minato has been weird lately, he even led me in a circle!” She told the kid, before noticing something he was carrying, “Hey, what’s the book for?”

“It’s okay.” Zephyr told her calmly, “And I was just about to start on that, before Minato came around. It’s apparently some book that somebody wrote a long time ago.”

Well, I was trying to pay attention while having my forehead locked in a vice between my two hands, but I managed to understand most of what he was saying. Still, I was interested to know what he had gotten up this early for. I mean, with a timing like that… it had to be something good.

“I had Solstice translate it, but the language was so old I could hardly knew the definitions of what most of the words meant.” He continued, going on with it, “But I caught the part about everyone of Ecruteak descent dying, because of something that had to do with the Brass Tower burning down and the Diamond Pillar crumbling.”

Oh… my head. I can’t see how that would have made sense. I mean, the Diamond Pillar has been a crumbling mess for the past few years, but how would that blow up the entire town? I mean, with a mess like that, I think something would have happened already.

I would have killed for aspirin right about now. I can’t see how ancient tribesmen survived headaches without some kind of aspirin to get rid of them. However, all of a sudden, one of Zephyr’s Pokéballs blew open, and in a flash of white light, Zephyr’s Dragonair materialized before us.

“I expected such a lackluster summary—especially from you, Zephyr.” She told him.

Whoa, I swear this had to be the worst headache of all time. Ecruteak City falling apart because of a crumbling relic, and now a Dragonair talking!? I had a feeling that one of these moments, I was going to wake up, and everything would be back to normal.

But it sure didn’t feel like that though.

“You left out certain details that are better off being mentioned.” She told him, “The book mentions four keys and their link to the Whirl Islands and Lugia’s dwelling. Not to mention, we’ve got a time limit. By the end of the month, the Diamond Pillar will have completely disintegrated, leaving nothing but a pile of worthless stones. And when that happens, everyone with Ecruteak ancestry will slowly have their life force drained away. And I’m not simply referring to just the humans…”

I still didn’t get what we were expected to do, though. Still… having our life force drained away? That was nuts. I mean, if wrapping what was left of the Diamond Pillar in duct tape would help, I swear I could easily do that in no time. But I was guessing a roll of that stuff wasn’t going to really change anything.

“But what you should know is that I was the one whom Lugia ordered to hide the keys to her, ‘palace,’” She continued, “Their exact locations have slipped my mind, though I do remember the general areas where I’ve hidden them. Of course, there’s the matter of countless traps and devout guards with immense power…”

Oh great. Many power enemies… endless hostilities abound… zero chance of survival… what we were waiting for?

“Humans aren’t exactly stupid, you know.” Zephyr told her, getting her off of his shoulder, “We’ll just have to think about our steps and have a few good battle strategies. Besides, if all the keys are in Johto, then a month should be enough time. No sweat. We just have to convince Lugia to come back to Ecruteak and we’ll smooth at the relations again. Right?”

Oh yeah, great idea. I was guessing Zephyr didn’t know what Lugia was really capable of. Nothing like an Aeroblast to the face, that was the best way to wake up next to coffee. If Lugia was willing to have us all bite the dust after what happened to the Bronze Tower, we didn’t stand a chance trying to convince her that it would just be “A-Okay” if she held back and we didn’t die. No, we needed some bargaining chip alright.

“Even if I did set one or two of those traps, there are bound to be more I don’t have a clue about.” The Dragonair continued, “And chances are, they’re above your mental capacity. It’s likely you’ll die trying. But, if you really want to go through with it, then we should all head for the center of Jade Forest. There aren’t any traps, but becoming lost is a possibility—“

Beautiful. I was looking forward to a quest to get my butt kicked by Lugia herself. That way, when I was finally up in Heaven and someone asked me how I bit the dust, I’d actually have something to brag about!

“So we’re off to Jade Forest then?” Zephyr asked his Dragonair.

“Yes…” She replied with a look of annoyance at Zephyr, “It’s southwest of Town Square, if you don’t know the exact location of the forest.”

That would be key #1. Still though, I kind of had a doubt about this, and right now, saying something would have been better than just sitting there worrying about this headache of mine.

“Guys, guys, guys…” I told them, standing up and shaking my head, “Wait a minute here. I think its kind of obvious that Lugia isn’t exactly a happy Bunneary about the fact her tower got torched and she got the blame for it. Now, if we wanna convince her that saving our skins is the right thing to do, we really should think about rebuilding that Brass Tower, don’t you think? I mean, if any of you ever saw ‘Field of Dreams,’ you’ll know what I’m talking about, right?”

I still thought heading into Jade Forest was a crazy, messed up idea.

“Let’s face the music here.” I told them, still ignoring my pounding head, “Lugia did this for a reason, I think it might be a good idea to make up for that by rebuilding the tower… like… even better than how it was before. Really… we have the technology. We can rebuild it, you know.”

But, the question was… would we have enough time? A month wasn’t exactly a whole lot of time to work with, and getting the manpower we’d need to put that place back up together wasn’t actually a free service people were itching to do. Plus, it was a historical site. Dang it, why did they have to make that place a historical site?

“You guys get those keys.” I told them with a smile, “Tell Lugia we’re rebuilding her tower. That should be enough to convince her that laying waste to the whole town isn’t such a hot idea, you know? Let’s give that a shot.”

Maybe this headache was making me crazy.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:27 AM
vedros Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to vedros Send a message via MSN to vedros Send a message via Yahoo to vedros

The doors to the Pokemon Center slid open slowly, and by the time the two had parted, Xhalla burst through hastily. He found his closest friends Zephyr, Takahashi, Kenneth and Sachiko sitting around with Kenneth's Dragonair and Sachiko's Ninetails out of their balls. They seemed to be in mid-conversation. According to Kenneth's face it was something important and even Zephyr had a little bit of life in his eyes.
Xhalla greeted them and sat near them.

'What are you d-doing?', he asked.

He stuttered slightly when talking to his friends, but when he was talking to strangers, he'd be lucky to get two words out.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:35 AM
Amateur Trainer

As Solstice dropped into another one of gargantuan-lung monologue, Zephyr sighed as he sat at the nearby table, resting his head on the palm of his hand. Everyone virtually fell asleep when Solstice began talking. Her voice could turn death metal into a semi-provocative lullaby, accented by a sunny day from the crystalline orbs on her body.

When she was finished, Zephyr immediately leapt to his feet in a somewhat impatient manner. “Solstice, do you always have to talk like you’re reading from a book in Old English? Because the more time you spend monologuing, the less time we have to try and save millions of lives. We’ve got to make up a plan as for how we’re going to do this. As you’ve mentioned, Kenneth, placing actual thought into it reveals that Lugia put the curse on us, because her feelings were hurt to the point of wanting us to die. But, while Solstice was putting us to sleep, it occurred to me,” Zephyr said, crossing his arms in a serious fashion, “If she wanted to kill the humans, why use a curse that would take nearly two whole millennia to run its course and finally make us drop dead? I mean, she could’ve just went berserk and killed our ancestors right then and there. So, it’s a possibility, that even in her sadness and anger, she still cared for us in the relationship of a mother and child. So, maybe it’s a possibility that she wants us to go and get her once we realize we’ve done something wrong? I mean, according to legend, Lugia’s egg hatched in the shrine at Town Square, so if we went down, she’d die as well. Of course, we have to deal with the fact that Ho-oh moved into Lugia’s place, when he burned down his own… They sure love each other, don’t they? Any of you think we should go and ask him about it? I mean, if Ho-oh realizes we’re all slowly dying, then he’ll have to do something about the Brass tower, since he obviously isn’t interested in sharing a home with his arch rival, right?” Zephyr changed the position of one arm to put a hand on his forehead. “Ah, my brain hurts…”
Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Kenneth Metzger

I really wasn’t sure if this was getting through to anyone, but I guess it didn’t. Okay, I knew the idea was screwy, I wouldn’t deny that, but still, it was worth a shot, right? Still, I was kind of cut short when Xhalla came through the door, and my train of thought got derailed.

“What are you d-doing?” He asked with a slight stutter.

“Uh… not much… dude.” I told him, now feeling really unsure about this whole plan, “You… know what we’re dealing with, right man?”

I wasn’t sure. But, before anyone else could add to that, Zephyr’s Dragonair continued at it again. Considering the way she was talking, I guess my ideas didn’t mean jack to her, and I guess that was kind of understandable considering the way I presented all that junk, but still, someone here had to understand what the heck I was talking about…

I think I started listening to her monologue at first, but after a while… holy cow did I feel sedated. I sat back down, not sure if my headache was actually going away on its own or if my brain was going into shock and not feeling anything. It was a struggle to try and stay awake, especially after what happened last night. I had those moments where I shut my eyes for a few seconds but then struggled to keep them open for a few seconds only to fight a losing battle. However, I knew I awoke when I heard Zephyr’s voice again.

“Solstice, do you always have to talk like you’re reading from a book in Old English?” He asked her, annoyed at what had just happened, “Because the more time you spend monologuing, the less time we have to try and save millions of lives. We’ve got to make up a plan as for how we’re going to do this. As you’ve mentioned, Kenneth, placing actual thought into it reveals that Lugia put the curse on us, because her feelings were hurt to the point of wanting us to die.”

Well howdy-do, someone actually paid attention to all that mess I jabbered about up there! Truthfully, I could reason with Lugia here… even though I tried to convince myself it wasn’t out of fear and more out of understanding and all.

“But, while Solstice was putting us to sleep, it occurred to me.” Zephyr continued on, crossing his arms in a serious manner, “If she wanted to kill the humans, why use a curse that would take nearly two whole millennia to run its course and finally make us drop dead? I mean, she could’ve just went berserk and killed our ancestors right then and there. So, it’s a possibility, that even in her sadness and anger, she still cared for us in the relationship of a mother and child. So, maybe it’s a possibility that she wants us to go and get her once we realize we’ve done something wrong? I mean, according to legend, Lugia’s egg hatched in the shrine at Town Square, so if we went down, she’d die as well. Of course, we have to deal with the fact that Ho-oh moved into Lugia’s place, when he burned down his own… They sure love each other, don’t they? Any of you think we should go and ask him about it? I mean, if Ho-oh realizes we’re all slowly dying, then he’ll have to do something about the Brass tower, since he obviously isn’t interested in sharing a home with his arch rival, right?”

Truthfully, I honestly didn’t like the idea of messing with Ho-oh or Lugia, but unless we wanted to bite the dust, someone was going to have to do something about this.

“Ah, my brain hurts…” Zephyr said to himself, putting one hand on his forehead.

“You’re right though, man.” I told him, hoping he wasn’t getting the headache I just had, “I mean, Lugia could have just laughed and blasted us all to kingdom come if she really wanted to. Well, not us, I mean… our ancestors, yeah. Now, I’m no psychiatrist and I don’t know what its like to be Lugia either, but if I’m not mistaken, she probably feels like she’s being ignored or blamed for things that weren’t totally her fault alone.”

Well, I mean judging from what Solstice told us, I kind of figured that was the case…

“So yeah, cheering her up, giving her a little pep talk, and making her feel a little more welcomed by humanity might not be such a bad idea, you know?” I asked them, “I mean, I’m not talking about a freaking birthday party with a cake, kazoos, confetti, a piñata and goodie bags here, but you know, might be nice to think she wasn’t down in the water all alone because no one up here liked her or appreciated her presence anymore.”

Truthfully, I was still scared as heck of her, that’s what the problem was. Its easy to enjoy the company of Pokémon that are only half your size, but when it comes to Lugia and seeing something standing above you that’s triple your height… its kind of hard to talk to something like that when you know one wrong word could set her off, look at you angrily, and then make you hopeful that the boys down in the crime scene labs are really good at jigsaw puzzles, because they’re going to need to be when they find you… or at least what’s left of you anyway.

But thankfully, at least that headache was going away. Or at least I was becoming numb enough in the mind to no longer notice it…