Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default A "My thread, My control" clause?

I don't suppose it is possible to give the creator of a thread the ability to lock his own thread? I believe this can speed things up-especially if something like a flame war pop up with no mods around. Comments, please.

--I don't really know if it's possible, I think only mods get those abilities for their respective sections, but I don't know.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:56 AM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: A "My thread, My control" clause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Skarmory View Post
I don't suppose it is possible to give the creator of a thread the ability to lock his own thread? I believe this can speed things up-especially if something like a flame war pop up with no mods around. Comments, please.

--I don't really know if it's possible, I think only mods get those abilities for their respective sections, but I don't know.
Yes, I think that is a great idea! =D
Although... if someone was a spammer, they could create a thread and then spam, and lock their thread, so it'd be confusing, expecially if there was no mods around, and they don't notice, unless someone saw it and reported it... =(

But although than that, I think it's great, since I was thinking of something like this too... =P
Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

This has been brought up many times, and 10/10 times the short answer is no.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Yeah, I totally agree.
We should also be allowed to delete our own threads.
Just in case if we press enter like 3 or more times.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

I'm pretty sure you can in most cases delete your thread by deleting the first post, which is yours if it is your thread... Thus, to an extent, we already have that.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
SuperT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost View Post
I'm pretty sure you can in most cases delete your thread by deleting the first post, which is yours if it is your thread... Thus, to an extent, we already have that.
No, I think we can't delete the first post to delete a thread.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Nope, can't be done, and won't happen cuz Ryan is d3ad.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Everyone wishes it was possible... I bet Neo's a little tired of me going to him all the time to lock my threads, no offense to all moderators out there, but Azu and Neo are the only moderators I like and trust. Heck, I think I accidentally gave Azu my last name! But if so, it was via email, and it was unintentional... And I would hope she would never tell.

But anyways, it is impossible. The only people who can make this happen is, not Ryan, but the people who let you create your own forum. I severely doubt even Ryan could do this. But alas, he's not here. What I don't really understand is the fact that this forum is running without him... But it is a good thing it is running. Because I'm not going to another forum unless I absolutely have to (but I do try to go to Pokemon Chibi and Team Generosity forums once in a while). I mean PE2K is my cyber home. I go here nearly every day. I've been here for over a year, and I'd be POed if it shut down.

Anyway, back on topic, the answer is no, it cannot be done, unless the people who let you make your own forum hand out forum upgrades or something. And I don't even know who these people are. O_o
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness
But anyways, it is impossible. The only people who can make this happen is, not Ryan, but the people who let you create your own forum. I severely doubt even Ryan could do this. But alas, he's not here. What I don't really understand is the fact that this forum is running without him... But it is a good thing it is running. Because I'm not going to another forum unless I absolutely have to (but I do try to go to Pokemon Chibi and Team Generosity forums once in a while). I mean PE2K is my cyber home. I go here nearly every day. I've been here for over a year, and I'd be POed if it shut down.
It is possible with Admin powers. Ryan specifically blocked the ability for people to delete their own threads because of the loss of Post Count. You still can't LOCK you own thread, but if another Admin came up, he/she could re-enable it if they wanted.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:33 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

There are plenty of moderators on throughout the day, just a PM away if you need something deleted/closed.

A thread creator can delete his post and the thread will delete itself, as long as no one else posted in it.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 11-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

People shouldn't be afraid to contact moderators about locking or deleting threads. I always get messages from members saying that they want something closed, but they seem so apologetic about it, like they're certain they are really bothering me or something. I don't know why some people seem to think that locking a thread really puts me out, but it doesn't at all.

Basically, if you see me online, don't hesitate to ask me to do something like that for you.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:19 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
A thread creator can delete his post and the thread will delete itself, as long as no one else posted in it.
I'm pretty sure you can't do that, even if there are no replies.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:21 AM
Lord94 Offline
Elite Trainer

you can't... I just tried.