Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Furyflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Furyflame Send a message via Yahoo to Furyflame
Default I have a question

I have a question ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxLive
Silver-level access is free of charge for all Xbox 360 owners (except those who have previously been banned from Xbox Live and Korean users under the age of 14)—there's no reason not to try it
WTF?

Paired with PalkiaAndBlisseyrock :3
Old 10-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: I have a question

Not sure. Perhaps it's a local law or something? Might have to do some research to find out.

Hi

Old 10-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Bulletangel Offline
Elite Trainer

Zomg, wtf.

Is that meant to be racist, or is that a REAL rule?!

...under construction...
-Paired with Hazmat Forever-

Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletangel View Post
Zomg, wtf.

Is that meant to be racist, or is that a REAL rule?!
It's a real rule. Google it. I don't think Microsoft made it as a racist rule, though. Probably just some complications with the Korean legal system or something.

Hi

Old 10-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Why are you only realizing now that Microsoft IS THE DEVIL?!

Anyway, it could be something local, its a known fact that Korea pays a lot for people that play online games, so...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

It's likely a local rule. It's like how all sweepstakes in Canada never include Quebec and some other city (which I don't care enough about to remember). It's weird, but it happens.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:18 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Koreans are known to be excessive gamers. :P Perhaps this is a way to compensate for a law to prevent more and more tragedies concerning their population and gaming? I recall one concerning StarCraft, but that's another story.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Furyflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Omg...Is it in Korea only? :O

Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

The best Starcraft players in Korea get paid over 200,000 dollars a year, so yes. Move to Korea, harness your gaming technique, and mabye someday we can get phat l00t for looking at the computer screen.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Furyflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
The best Starcraft players in Korea get paid over 200,000 dollars a year, so yes. Move to Korea, harness your gaming technique, and mabye someday we can get phat l00t for looking at the computer screen.
I don't want to go to the place where they spank little children! ;_; At least I can get Xbox Live here. :P

Old 10-28-2007, 03:46 AM
Nirvash Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nirvash

Korea is BIG on Online Gaming, such as MMORPGs and Online matches in games such as StarCraft. Xbox Live should be no exception. Koreans of all ages can get addicted so easily, because it is human nature for others to effect what you do, and others are playing all the time. Here's something for you to think about. Most MMORPGs are Korean-made or helped made by Koreans. Maplestory, FlyFF, Trickster Online, and SilkRoad Online are 4 games that I can think of right off the bat that are Korean made.

I don't know why they're specifically targeting Korean children that are under the age of 14, but I think it might be because of legal purposes. Getting children addicted to online gaming could ruin their lives. I don't know much about the Korean legal system, but I can tell that they don't want grades to drop or their children to get addicted. Addicts everywhere else go farther than they should anyway. I can recall my brother telling me about how some people have played WoW and "forgot to eat". And, one of his former guild mates died because of some kind of brain blockage caused by stress that could of been related to the guild breaking up. Also, my brother used to be in a major raiding guid (best in the server, in fact). He didn't like it, and there was dispute right around TBC, so the guild almost died (but the person I mentioned before did die), and has only re-emerged recently. My brother and a few other people went to form another guild. Things didn't work out (again), and everyone left. Some went to go form his current guild. Others joined other guilds. Right now, his current guild raids 2 to 5 times a week. That's right. Not a freaking 6 or 7 day per week raiding schedule, like some hardcore Korean gamers.

If you still don't understand anything I've said, feel free to PM me. I know far too much about Korea and Korean culture because of the people around me. Not trying to be racist in this thread. I'm just explaining to you that Korea is (in)famous for it's excessive gaming.

Last edited by Nirvash; 10-28-2007 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Furyflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon View Post
Korea is BIG on Online Gaming, such as MMORPGs and Online matches in games such as StarCraft. Xbox Live should be no exception. Koreans of all ages can get addicted so easily, because it is human nature for others to effect what you do, and others are playing all the time. Here's something for you to think about. Most MMORPGs are Korean-made or helped made by Koreans. Maplestory, FlyFF, Trickster Online, and SilkRoad Online are 4 games that I can think of right off the bat that are Korean made.

I don't know why they're specifically targeting Korean children that are under the age of 14, but I think it might be because of legal purposes. Getting children addicted to online gaming could ruin their lives. I don't know much about the Korean legal system, but I can tell that they don't want grades to drop or their children to get addicted. Addicts everywhere else go farther than they should anyway. I can recall my brother telling me about how some people have played WoW and "forgot to eat". And, one of his former guild mates died because of some kind of brain blockage caused by stress that could of been related to the guild breaking up. Also, my brother used to be in a major raiding guid (best in the server, in fact). He didn't like it, and there was dispute right around TBC, so the guild almost died (but the person I mentioned before did die), and has only re-emerged recently. My brother and a few other people went to form another guild. Things didn't work out (again), and everyone left. Some went to go form his current guild. Others joined other guilds. Right now, his current guild raids 2 to 5 times a week. That's right. Not a freaking 6 or 7 day per week raiding schedule, like some hardcore Korean gamers.

If you still don't understand anything I've said, feel free to PM me. I know far too much about Korea and Korean culture because of the people around me. Not trying to be racist in this thread. I'm just explaining to you that Korea is (in)famous for it's excessive gaming.
"Forgot" to eat? :P That's kind of......Dumb. :x

Old 11-04-2007, 01:25 AM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

And Microsoft wonders why most Asian companies don't like dealing with them...

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?