Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 ŧ Pokemon Main Boards ŧ Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Zapdogre Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Zapdogre Send a message via AIM to Zapdogre Send a message via MSN to Zapdogre Send a message via Yahoo to Zapdogre Send a message via Skype™ to Zapdogre
Default Re: Itīs Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
I am sorry, but japan is known for having some degree of hate towards black people.
I have seen plenty a coloured person in the street, smiling and laughing hanging with Japanese people!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Nirvash Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nirvash

Quote:
Thats just even worse. Later, they decided that blacks werent even good enough to be a POKEMON, and they changed it into purple! What a world we live in...

And Mr. Mime is a clown/mime. Which means he has paint on his face. He could possibly be a black, too,
Hah. If you don't know why it was changed, do not act like you have anything to say about it! Jeez....

This is the reason it was changed. People were offended, and thought it was a Black Stereotype, so they changed it to purple. People were ok with the change.

If you don't know something, don't act like or say that you do. :P

Oh, and for the record, I have an African American friend that plays Pokemon. His sprite isn't African American, but he is. That makes him an African American trainer, right? ;P
Old 09-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Jes Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapdogre View Post
I have seen plenty a coloured person in the street, smiling and laughing hanging with Japanese people!
Isn't coloured a bit out of date?

Quote:
So its black.. Its humanlike... It got big lips...
But not african?

Think. Jynx is obviously a parody of black people.
Pokemon are Pokemon, there are 493+ differant races, no pokemon races called 'black' or 'African american' or 'african'

Posting it again for you. People were considering lawsuits, they were offended your offended, but it's old news!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:27 PM
The Judge Offline

Quote:
I know. I dont say all japanese people are racists. But a big chunk is, and the people whoc reated Pokemon are obviously a part of them!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Zapdogre Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Zapdogre Send a message via AIM to Zapdogre Send a message via MSN to Zapdogre Send a message via Yahoo to Zapdogre Send a message via Skype™ to Zapdogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Isn't coloured a bit out of date?

Pokemon are Pokemon, there are 493+ differant races, no pokemon races called 'black' or 'African american' or 'african'

Posting it again for you. People were considering lawsuits, they were offended your offended, but it's old news!
Fine:
I have seen plenty a black person in the street, smiling and laughing hanging with Japanese people!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 PM
The Judge Offline

Quote:
Fine:
I have seen plenty a black person in the street, smiling and laughing hanging with Japanese people!
Read my latest message
Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Zapdogre Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
I know. I dont say all japanese people are racists. But a big chunk is, and the people whoc reated Pokemon are obviously a part of them!
At shool I get bullied by a guy calling me racist names like jappo and stuff, That guy is black...........................
Old 09-29-2007, 10:33 PM
The Judge Offline

Quote:
At shool I get bullied by a guy calling me racist names like jappo and stuff, That guy is black...........................
Yes, blacks can also be evil. However, in the Pokemon case, its the japanese people who were evil.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Jes Offline

Quote:
It's not your place to tell if soemone is racist, can yuo give me a percentage from a website saying a big chunk of japanese people are racist?

It's not your place to say peoplr are racist if you have no proof, and Jynx, or no black trainers is not proof.

-Done dude-
Old 09-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Topics like this have been created before, and the results have not been too pretty.

Also, double posting is not allowed. Try reading the rules before starting a flame war.