Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Contests

Contests Participate in coordinator contests and win ribbons. Talk about contests in general in here.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: Contest Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post
Come on, anyone who reads this! Join the Coordinator section! It's fun! :D
You should post this is the URPG Chat, more people will get to read. XD

And I don't think they might join unless DP is added...
Old 09-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

So are DP contests now implemented? DP super contests are the same as RSE, are they? Just no jams and combos, that's all for the difference correct?

|Air Slash| Cool | +2 | 0 |
If performed first, earns +6.

|Discharge| Cool | +2 | 0 |

|Judgement| Smart | +2 | 0 |
Next turn order is randomized.

|Dark Void| Smart | +2 | 0 |
Can avoid being startled by others this turn.

|Seed Flare| Cool | +2 | 0 |
If Pokemon directly before User Pokemon got the crowd bonus, earns +5.

(Meaning the total appeal points without crowd bonus is +50)

*These are the moves missing from DP Moves List. I got the infos from Serebii and Legendary Pokemon and modified it a little to make it look adapted to RSE moves. Please add them in if you (Jack) agree.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

A question.

Does the final results = Primary + Secondary

OR

(Primary/2) + Secondary

OR

(Primary*2) + Secondary

?
Old 09-22-2007, 04:18 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
So are DP contests now implemented? DP super contests are the same as RSE, are they? Just no jams and combos, that's all for the difference correct?

|Air Slash| Cool | +2 | 0 |

|Discharge| Cool | +2 | 0 |

|Judgement| Smart | +2 | 0 |
Next turn order is randomized.

|Dark Void| Smart | +2 | 0 |
Can avoid being startled by others this turn.

|Seed Flare| Cool | +2 | 0 |
If Pokemon directly before User Pokemon got the crowd bonus, earns +5.

(Meaning the total appeal points without crowd bonus is +50)

*These are the moves missing from DP Moves List. I got the infos from Serebii and Legendary Pokemon and modified it a little to make it look adapted to RSE moves. Please add them in if you (Jack) agree.
Judgement gets a point more in RSE, or so do other randomizing moves. But, well, who has an arceus anyway?

And DP contests are not implemented yet, but jack should add those he didn't..
Quote:
A question.

Does the final results = Primary + Secondary

OR

(Primary/2) + Secondary

OR

(Primary*2) + Secondary

?
The first method is right. Primary + Secondary = Final result

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:14 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

don't know how much people will care, but I'll just post it right here.

I've bought pearl. You may be saying, who cares?

Well, maybe you should, as contest really drew me in unlike ol' RSE's, they're a nice break from battles.

Anyway, Jack told me that if we could make DP contest rules work for URPG, he'd upgrade the rules, and super contests will have a different set of ribbons(possibly... we may have to discuss that) than RSE, meaning you can gain 2 different Master Rank Ribbons of the same attribute.

To my understanding, here's what DP contests should look like in URPG(of course, only the last part of super contests will be added, no way we can dress up our Pokemon and get more points for that, or dance):

1) Four turns of moves instead of five: some may like this, some not. However, it's a fact.
2) There are three fictional judges to appeal to. These won't be real people, just three unpictured names each contestant has to send moves to(they're different from URPG judges, you have to send the moves, for example, to me or Ataro, URPG judges, and in the move PM you say to which your move will be sent to. This may sound hard, but trust me, it's easier than you think. Let's say those three fictional judge's names are Pollon, Mr. Pickypants and Leaza, and I'm judging your super contest. You send me a PM with your move, saying if send it to Pollon, Pickypants or Leaza. P.S.: i chose three random names, you can make up your own ;p no default name or anything like that)
3) Each fictional judge has its own crowd meter, that like in RSE contests has 5 levels. No points are awarded by using same attribute move, unless the voltage of that judge is 5, which will grant 5 hearts and 50 points*. Voltage will still be raised by using same attribute moves.
4) At the end of the turn, the URPG judge will hand extra points basing on how many people appealed on each judge. Basically, if 2 people appealed on Leaza, one on Pollon and one on Mr. Pickypants, the first two will get 2 hearts, and the last two will get 3 hearts. If three people appealed on the same judge, they'll receive only 1 heart each, and if all four people appealed on the same judge, no point will be given.
5) After the first turn, the order of appeals will be from the lowest to the highest points( for example, Staravia has 50 Points, Floatzel 30, Pineco 10 and Wurmple 0, next round order will be: Wurmple first, Pineco 2nd, Floatzel 3rd and Staravia 4th)
6) No nervous status, but since the move effect changes in DP no real surprise at all

* = I'm unsure on how many points are handed when voltage reach 5, because I've seen it happening only once, however I'll check and tell you.

So, if you see any error about the rules, or I've forgot some rules, please post here, and comment would be nice. I know it may sound confusing, so ask me if you want to be clarified anything.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 11-22-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

I think the 50 points for crowd maxed out applause is good enough. We shouldn't change it since we've all along followed 50 points.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

:/ DP rules has arrived to an halt now, while playing I found out that voltage, when reaches five, allows either 50 or 80 points. Now, I don't know how this can happen, if it's a matter of moves or of the judges, but I intend to find it out.

In my pearl, the central judge awarded me with 80 Points when voltage reached five. Then, the judge to the right awarded to my opponent 50 point when her voltage maxed out.
In both cases, I was fifth place, while the other was at 1st or 2nd place when he got maxed out

However, in another contest I was second, and (don't remember which judge, probably the one on the right) awarded me 50 points, and I was last place.

I'm beginning to think that it's sorely based on the judges, which may be logical, but I'm not 100% sure, as those CPU-controlled coordinator never let me find out.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

And besides, Wikipedia or Bulbapedia doesn't provide that info. :(

But when all is decided, can we have something like a test? Like how the test when contest was first introduced. You can find it on the last few pages of Forum Contests.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Ok, I updated the rules today with the new changes to the contest system. Check it out, comment. I'll try to add in the DP details and moves list within the next week and a half.

Also, was this announced... can't remember. I gave DarkGardevoir permission to be Head Judge for the Contest Boards.

~Jack~

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 12-21-2007 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Ok, I updated the rules today with the new changes to the contest system. Check it out, comment. I'll try to add in the DP details and moves list within the next week and a half.

Also, was this announced... can't remember. I gave DarkGardevoir permission to be Head Judge for the Contest Boards.

~Jack~
Quote:
*Combo Moves: These are a pair of moves that a Pokemon uses consecutively. If used, the Pokemon will earn +6 Appeal Points plus the regular points for that turn.
Shouldn't this be changed after DG had verified it to be double the appeal point of the original appeal?
Old 12-22-2007, 04:58 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Oh, right. I was sure I missed something. Thanks.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
umbreonandespeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to umbreonandespeon Send a message via MSN to umbreonandespeon Send a message via Yahoo to umbreonandespeon

Meh, Judges, after the new year I'll pick up the slack and do some judging. :)
I'll have a look at the changes, but I'll edit this post if I don't understand something.

EDIT: Judge Payroll? So how does the payment work then?

~U&E~
Rampardos pwns (16:33:31): i r older than you :P
Volcanflame (16:33:35): ooo wat a coincidence
Rampardos pwns (16:33:35): and samrter

Last edited by umbreonandespeon; 12-22-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Quote:
Items

$5,000 each

Cool Red Scarf
Beauty Blue Scarf
Cute Pink Scarf
Smart Green Scarf
Yellow Tough Scarf

*Scarves add +1 Heart and +20 to its attribute in the Primary Round.
1 heart? Meaning everytime the Pokemon makes an appeal, it gets one heart extra?

Also: I just realized the max luster is not only based on the luster, it actually means the total attributes of that Pokemon. So let's say if my Milotic have ate 2 Pokeblocks, each one has a Luster of 38, Beauty of 64, Cuteness of 25, and Beauty is maxed out already. Each attributes can only have a max of 125, so if both Pokeblocks adds up to a Beauty of 128, does the extra 3 counts in the total luster Milotic have?

Last edited by Ataro; 01-18-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Quote:
1 heart? Meaning everytime the Pokemon makes an appeal, it gets one heart extra?

Also: I just realized the max luster is not only based on the luster, it actually means the total attributes of that Pokemon. So let's say if my Milotic have ate 2 Pokeblocks, each one has a Luster of 38, Beauty of 64, Cuteness of 25, and Beauty is maxed out already. Each attributes can only have a max of 125, so if both Pokeblocks adds up to a Beauty of 128, does the extra 3 counts in the total luster Milotic have?
Well, I've never had a scarf in game, I can't really know. But I usually just add the 20 point in the first round.

EDIT: ok, I don't know about the luster thing... RSE contests weren'te xactly my brand of specialization, because I've never been able to do the pokeblok i wanted...

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 01-18-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:56 AM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog

Okay, we need to fix something. In the contests Pokemon have a chance to become nervous with certain moves. But the question is what is that chance? I have no idea but I guess it is around 50%.

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net