Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Post Count

Honestly, VPPs are one of the main reasons that there is so much spam. We can't get rid of them entirely, but there isn't a real way to compromise with this, as one side will be more angry than the other. We should just let this be.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Everyone and their mom is going to bring up VPPs, so I'll skip that over for now...
NOTE: I haven't read though this whole thread. :|

VPPs, they would be no more if post count was diabled. One of the many things people do here.

Although it is a good idea...if there weren't VPPs. It would make spam so less uncommon, except in the D/P section where 75% of the spam is, this would make less spam, but not a whole lot less spam. :|

~Jr
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
I'm not too sure about it. It sounds like a nice concept, but then, as said, a lot of people will make threads about it. Remember when posts didn't count in the DP trading center, and everyone freaked? Yes. It's that all over again.
It would be that on a much larger scale.

I would be highly disappointed if that happened. VPPs are fun, taking them away would result in more spam, less people(n00b or not) staying, more spam asking why it happened, and I would think people would think a little bit less of the forum.

If it did happen, as long as the post counts reverted to the number they were at when it happened, I wouldn't care.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Callum

I think this a kinda stupid idea.

If I was a rampant spammer, I wouldn't spam just so that I could get a 1337 post count, I would do it to annoy the heck outta people. We know that you don't earn respect by having a high post count. Even when I first joined, I appreciated that you gain respect for being yourself, not for having a high post count. We should just keep tackling the n00b problems as we are.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

It's a good idea, since VPPs aren't to intresting, but there's no way it'll happen II bet a few members will leave. People think they're cool because they have a high post count, without they are equal and soem people don't want to be equal.

>> I wouldn't mind if it happened, but I don't really want it to.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Hatchet Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Hatchet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
It would be that on a much larger scale.

I would be highly disappointed if that happened. VPPs are fun, taking them away would result in more spam, less people(n00b or not) staying, more spam asking why it happened, and I would think people would think a little bit less of the forum.

If it did happen, as long as the post counts reverted to the number they were at when it happened, I wouldn't care.
Like you said if they did that it would be, like Azumao said, like the D/P Trading Center on a much larger scale.
Also like you said people would get frustrated because there would be no more post count and they will more than likely leave.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

I think, posts in the chat section should not count, sure I'd lose over a thousand posts, but that's were all the SPAM is.

A few sections should be were you can't raise your post count.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Yggdrasill Offline

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

I'm not really bothered about Post Count, Ryan could completely remove it and I'd still visit the forum.
I have to be honest, but I think people who come to forums only to raise a small number in their profiles kind of sad....
Old 09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sota View Post
I think, posts in the chat section should not count, sure I'd lose over a thousand posts, but that's were all the SPAM is.

A few sections should be were you can't raise your post count.
Most of the spam is in the DP area. I would lose over 1000 posts if we got rid of the DP discussion help area(not to pleased with that) and if we got rid of post count in the Chat area, I'd lose over 3000+ posts and I would be very pissed. I would rather the post count stay the way it is.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I care highly for my post count. Call me a n00b if you want, I don't really care. Say it isn't possible to get over 8k posts in 3 months, well guess what, it happened.

Last edited by -PK; 09-12-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
Most of the spam is in the DP area. I would lose over 1000 posts if we got rid of the DP discussion help area(not to pleased with that) and if we got rid of post count in the Chat area, I'd lose over 3000+ posts and I would be very pissed. I would rather the post count stay the way it is.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I care highly for my post count. Call me a n00b if you want, I don't really care. Say it isn't possible to get over 8k posts in 3 months, well guess what, it happened.
That's because some of it is SPAM.

'Nuff said, my two cents is in, no more post count is fine with me, but I wouldn't be exactly hoping for it.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:01 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sota View Post
That's because some of it is SPAM.

'Nuff said, my two cents is in, no more post count is fine with me, but I wouldn't be exactly hoping for it.
I know some of its spam. It is practically(sp) impossible to not have a few spam posts.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

I think I might hurt someone next time they say all that are younger then 13 should be banned/etc. It's a stupid law imo, and I think many will agree with me.

I don't think it should be disabled at all. I've yet to see someone other then Pokek(Sorry, Pokek) say they think post count determines who you are as a member. :| Besides, as L-nator said, everyone and their moms would bring missing VPPs. Almosst everyone would whine in TMI/Questions/Feedbask to the webmaster about no post count, thus causing a masive spam wave forumwide(people run to other chat, mixed computers, etc about it), and you habve the whole spamming problem back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
The noobs won't make a thread about it if the reason is well known, and they make an annoucement about it. :|
Noobs don't read announcements. LA made an announcement about not replying to already-answered questions, but people still do it. Same result about no post count. :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
Honestly, VPPs are one of the main reasons that there is so much spam. We can't get rid of them entirely, but there isn't a real way to compromise with this, as one side will be more angry than the other. We should just let this be.
Agreed.

[/rant]

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

I don't think post count is a problem. And besides, it's a forum feature. It would be strange to remove it.

*Closed.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Closed Thread