Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Finchy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Finchy Send a message via MSN to Finchy Send a message via Skype™ to Finchy
Default Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Trading Center

As I'm sure you guys are aware, the Trading Center attracts so much spam that it's almost painful. I created a shop asking exactly what I needed, exactly what I wanted in return, all fine and dandy. Then, I went to bed. I woke up and inspected it a little later, and my shop had fallen to the bottom of page 11.
As has been said, the single trade thread is being almost entirely ignored and instead members are opting to make whole threads for the purpose of 1 pokémon which consists of, at most, a page or two worth of posts. Usually it's alot less. Thus, I think a plan of action is in order.
Stopping people from making shops could be one idea, but it seems a little drastic and I'm sure the vast majority won't like it. Not to mention the fact that the stopping of shops will create a tsunami of posts in the single trade thread. Alphabetizing the trade thread could be an idea, creating different threads for 'A-E', 'E-I', 'J-M', etc. That way, the place wouldn't be completely filled to the brim. Shops shouldn't be allowed to trade less than say, 5 pokémon to eliminate single pokémon threads. If someone makes a thread against the rules, it's locked, simple as. Repeated defiance results in more extreme discipline.

Anyone else have a take on this? I realise with the current hype of D/P and the fact that almost anyone can trade whether they like it or not will mean that the place will never be squeaky clean, but I do feel that we can make the place a bit more tidy ^^.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Default Re: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Trading Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchy View Post
As I'm sure you guys are aware, the Trading Center attracts so much spam that it's almost painful. I created a shop asking exactly what I needed, exactly what I wanted in return, all fine and dandy. Then, I went to bed. I woke up and inspected it a little later, and my shop had fallen to the bottom of page 11.
As has been said, the single trade thread is being almost entirely ignored and instead members are opting to make whole threads for the purpose of 1 pokémon which consists of, at most, a page or two worth of posts. Usually it's alot less. Thus, I think a plan of action is in order.
Stopping people from making shops could be one idea, but it seems a little drastic and I'm sure the vast majority won't like it. Not to mention the fact that the stopping of shops will create a tsunami of posts in the single trade thread. Alphabetizing the trade thread could be an idea, creating different threads for 'A-E', 'E-I', 'J-M', etc. That way, the place wouldn't be completely filled to the brim. Shops shouldn't be allowed to trade less than say, 5 pokémon to eliminate single pokémon threads. If someone makes a thread against the rules, it's locked, simple as. Repeated defiance results in more extreme discipline.

Anyone else have a take on this? I realise with the current hype of D/P and the fact that almost anyone can trade whether they like it or not will mean that the place will never be squeaky clean, but I do feel that we can make the place a bit more tidy ^^.
The mods should make everyone that wants a trade shop or trade thread get permission, like in the sprite art area. That way, some of the useless threads that are only for one pokemon, would not cause a lot of spam.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

That's never going to happen, if the mods did that, they would never have time for anything else. Reports against people would be lost amongst the countless thread requests, in other words, doing that would make pe2k worse than it is now.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Cool Kid 94 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Sorry to bump a semi-dead thread, but I had an idea. What if pe2k made a temporary thread forum, like for auctions and if they're looking for just a few Pokemon? Then they could delete the Single Trades Thread. In starting it, they should keep all the 1-2 page threads there, but all the new ones would have to go in the temporary trades one. After a day or 2, everything would be fixed up.
FC: 3480 1334 4941

Pokemon WiFi Region
The only thing special about these forums anymore is the Chatbox.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kid 94 View Post
Sorry to bump a semi-dead thread, but I had an idea. What if pe2k made a temporary thread forum, like for auctions and if they're looking for just a few Pokemon? Then they could delete the Single Trades Thread. In starting it, they should keep all the 1-2 page threads there, but all the new ones would have to go in the temporary trades one. After a day or 2, everything would be fixed up.
There is a thread for single trades which is pretty much what auctions are; the single trade thread, its a sticky. Anyway, that would take too long for the mods and G-mods. So its kinda out of the question.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Cool Kid 94 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
There is a thread for single trades which is pretty much what auctions are; the single trade thread, its a sticky. Anyway, that would take too long for the mods and G-mods. So its kinda out of the question.
No auctions are different, you get REALLY good offers, and people have to reply to it in the thread.

Anyways what I was saying was the mods/G-mods wouldn't have to move all the current threads in the permanent one to the temporary one, but people aren't allowed to start temporary threads on the permanent threads forum. Then after a little while, all the permanent threads would be bumped to the top, and the temporary one would have like 10 pages lol.
FC: 3480 1334 4941

Pokemon WiFi Region
The only thing special about these forums anymore is the Chatbox.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:21 PM
footynutdyl Offline
Elite Trainer

hey i have made a thread that covers all this it is called the official guide to trade threads link is in sig, this thread shows most threads but nobody stickies it.

Made by davidmaskill
Quote:
Originally Posted by footynutdyl View Post
bumpbumpbumpbumpbump bump ouchhhhhh!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Blu Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Blu

Quote:
The mods should make everyone that wants a trade shop or trade thread get permission, like in the sprite art area. That way, some of the useless threads that are only for one pokemon, would not cause a lot of spam.
Yeah we should do what pokeking said...

^Made By Me :] ^
PM If You Want One.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpikablu View Post
Yeah we should do what pokeking said...
Thank you for agreeing.

I forgot to add this to my previous idea:

Close all the trade threads, auctions, and various other threads in that area, and make the person get permission. Yes, it would take a lot of time, but it would be worth it.

Last edited by -PK; 09-07-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:00 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

I think someone said what I'm about to say a few posts up but anyways...

Ryan or another Mod could make another forum on a free board hosts and then the people could go there to make thread "permanent" trade thread and then somehow get a link out :/

Not sure if it would work or not
Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Blu Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Blu

Quote:
Thank you for agreeing.

I forgot to add this to my previous idea:

Close all the trade threads, auctions, and various other threads in that area, and make the person get permission. Yes, it would take a lot of time, but it would be worth it.
Your welcome. =3 I just thought it was a good idea....

^Made By Me :] ^
PM If You Want One.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
footynutdyl Offline
Elite Trainer

hey did anyone see my thread.

Made by davidmaskill
Quote:
bumpbumpbumpbumpbump bump ouchhhhhh!!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:33 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
hey did anyone see my thread.
We know alerady. You told that earlier. You don't need to keep on saying if we went to it or not.It gets annoying after a while.

I just want to see how the trading boards will be in like a month or two.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

I have an idea that might make this a little more reasonable:

The trading center continues on as normal. A new section is made for permanant shops.
Nobody can post new threads in this section. the only way to get your shop inside this section is to have a designated moderator move your thread there from the trading center.

This way, people who are serious about maintaining their shops would get an area that cannot be filled with single trade threads pushing their shops to the back, but nobody has to go through the trouble of trying to clean up the current section.

This is just an idea. If this is impossible or not a realistic solution, please don't jump down my throat.