Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Pokemon: My Way! (A comedic variation of a carbon copy of Pokemon)

Pokemon: My way!
by Eeveeking929 a.k.a. Nate a.k.a. a thousand other things, but let's just stick with Nate.

Alright, here's the basic idea. I hate the Pokemon anime for one reason and one reason only. They're old. They're running out of jokes and plots so they just keep recycling the old ones, to the point where every episode is just a slightly altered version of the last. So who do I turn to for inspiration on making this situation better? Little Kuriboh of course. The bloody fricking genius behind Yugioh The Abridged Series. A perfect mockery of every single episode of Yugioh. Unfortunately, I lacked several things to repeat this act on Pokemon.

1. The proper vidding skills to piece the audio and video together properly.
2. Any sort of microphone or headset to record the dubbing
3. Access to a full library of the Pokemon series and
4.Any sort of legal rights (someone's already done Pokemon The Abridged Series)

So I ask myself, if I don't have the proper skills or equipment to make a fandub, what do I have the proper sills or equipment to do? Make a fic. And so, Pokemon: My Way! was born. Or will be born. It's still i production. Instead of altering the journeys of Ash Ketchum and co., though, I'll be making up an entirely new series. Starring a bunch of idiots! Okay, okay, I know what you're asking, how is that any different from the anime, but don't worry, these are different idiots. Anyway, comments? Questions? Suggestions? Pats on the back? Free cookies? Anything?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon
Default Re: Pokemon: My Way! (A comedic variation of a carbon copy of Pokemon)

Well, if you can pull it off, kudos to you. Make it funny, but let's not get too graphic. (There's young kids on this forum, ya know!) Anyway, I'll tune in, and if you need and help on ideas, feel free to PM me or somethin'.

... Oh, I almost forgot. *gives cookie*

Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

So basically, you're making a copy of the anime that has nothing to do with the anime? Sounds just like any run of the mill journey fic, at least usually. But good luck anyhow.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Well, if you can pull it off, kudos to you. Make it funny, but let's not get too graphic. (There's young kids on this forum, ya know!) Anyway, I'll tune in, and if you need and help on ideas, feel free to PM me or somethin'.

... Oh, I almost forgot. *gives cookie*
Yay cookie! It's not going to be too graphic, don't worry about that. I'm going for a slightly less adult approach, maybe a bit of swearing but only for comedy purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost View Post
So basically, you're making a copy of the anime that has nothing to do with the anime? Sounds just like any run of the mill journey fic, at least usually. But good luck anyhow.
No, not really. I'm actually mocking those run0of-the-mill journey fics as well as the anime, though indirectly.