Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Xing Offline
New Trainer

Default Bellyzard Team

Hi, I'm new here, but I'm experienced in Pokemon and been to many sites including Smogon, and hope to find some good advice here.

This is my Bellyzard Team:

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
Compound Eyes ability
Jolly nature
252 ATK / 252 SPEED / 4 HP
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- U-Turn
- Whirlwind

My starter, help me set up Bellyzard Focus Sash guaratees a Sleep Powder. Compound Eyes give Sleep Powder 97.5% accuracy, Stun Spore to use on the swiitch when opponent switches out their sleep Pokemon. U-Turn is to dish out some damage and switch at the same time. Whirlwind when necessary.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Blaze ability
Adamant nature
252 SPEED / 240 ATK / 12 HP
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

My main attacker, 12 HP EVs so it gets exactly 300 HP, allowing Salac Berry & Blaze to activate after a Belly Drum and a Substitute. After all this, Fire Punch will have 6x its normal strength and Earthquake will have 4x.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Sturdy ability
Impish nature
252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 ATK
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

My Rapid Spinner/Stealth Rocker, to make sure Charizard doesn't die to Stealth Rock. Earthquake for STAB, Ice Shard to make up for its porr speed and to hit Dragons hard.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Leviatate ability
Hasty nature
252 SPATK / 252 SPEED / 4 ATK
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt

My secondary sleep inducer. Shadow Ball for STAB, Focus Blast for Tyranitars as they'll expect Thunderbolt instead. Thunderbolt for flyers.

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Magnet Pull ability
Quiet nature
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 212 Speed / 44 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- HP: Grass
- Substitute
- Explosion

My anti skarmbliss. Thunderbolt for STAB, HP: Grass for ground types. Explode on special walls. This EV spread is to exclusively kill some Blisseys with Explosion, and enough to outrun any standard Skarm.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Leviatate ability
Calm nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPDEF / 4 SPATK
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Moonlight

My special wall. Charge Beam to inflict some damage and raise its SPATK. Ice Beam to cover anything that Charge Beam doesn't as long as it's not Magnezone or Lanturn. Reflect allows it to wall physical Pokemon too. Moonlight for a reliable recovery move.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: Bellyzard Team

Any team based around Bellyzard needs a rapid spiner, as stealth rock+Sandstorm means that Charizard is automatically dead
Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 PM
ronjocox Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to ronjocox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
Any team based around Bellyzard needs a rapid spiner, as stealth rock+Sandstorm means that Charizard is automatically dead
I think that Donphan is the Rapid Spinner.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

lol, didnt see it

Anyway, watch out for special attackers in general, particularly the ones that can get through Cresselia. Choice specs Heatran, for instance, will be very problematic, as will special Tyranitar. Non-CB Meta will also give you problems, as nothing can steadily take it on, and can get switch ins on Cresselia / Gengar / Butterfree
Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 PM
shadowlink32 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
lol, didnt see it

Anyway, watch out for special attackers in general, particularly the ones that can get through Cresselia. Choice specs Heatran, for instance, will be very problematic, as will special Tyranitar. Non-CB Meta will also give you problems, as nothing can steadily take it on, and can get switch ins on Cresselia / Gengar / Butterfree
Stealth Rock and Sandstorm will kill your Charizard easily.
Friend Code: 4381 9417 2454

~If you want to show you've been on other forums and are used to them use capitals and proper grammar~ Put this in your signature if you agree with me. And please give me credit as well. xD
Old 08-31-2007, 11:46 PM
PaPeRpLaNe Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlink32 View Post
Stealth Rock and Sandstorm will kill your Charizard easily.
He has Donphan for a reason.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
shadowlink32 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Oh, sorry. I didnt see that. My bad.
Friend Code: 4381 9417 2454

~If you want to show you've been on other forums and are used to them use capitals and proper grammar~ Put this in your signature if you agree with me. And please give me credit as well. xD
Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

Substitute + Belly Drum + Stealth Rock + Sandstorm will slaughter Charizard given the fact that you don't have any healers. Belly Drum + Rest +Chesto Berry is a common yet nifty combo, although I'm not entirely sure if Charizard is capable of learning Rest; my guesses are yes, but I'd have to check. Otherwise your team seems pretty sturdy, I'm also a fan of a Butterfree opener, and the Donphan should help out with the Stealth Rock. You may want to replace one of your special sweepers with a physical wall, Steelix can always be good over Gengar, no matter how OU it is. Or you could simply hit two birds with one stone and pull off a tank such as Bastiodon if you can get your hands on one. I've found Taunt to be especially well on it, considering you're being tossed up by a Spiker and have already cleared as much as you can with Donphan's Rapid Spin. Just keep an eye out for tank vs. tank, which can be extremely time-consuming.