Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Spongebob Number One Fan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: is snorlax

I'd say OU, no question. In both 3rd and 4th gen, my friend's team has a curselax, and I wasn't ready for it. Once my wall was out of the way, I didn't stand a chance...both gens I fought it. If it can overpower OUs, I don't see how it can be BL. If it sets up, understanding that's a big "if," curselax is near unstopable. Very few pokemon can counter it if it sets up, and that's why it's OU. Tiers aren't just usage, but base stats, movepool, and all the other factors that determine a pokemon's effectiveness. Curselax is a force...one far too powerful for BL IMO.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: is snorlax

LOl @ Snorlax is hardly used in 4th Gen. Please, all of them Wifi battles on Youtube commonly involves Snorlax I have seen so much, w/e.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty View Post
LOl @ Snorlax is hardly used in 4th Gen. Please, all of them Wifi battles on Youtube commonly involves Snorlax I have seen so much, w/e.
Don't talk down to me like I don't know what I'm saying. I've literally seen 3 or 4 Snorlax's the whole time I've been battling in DP, and that's including on Shoddy, where things like CM Blissey run rampant and destroy. I'll admit that I wasn't doing much battling during the first month or so of the release, which was when the metagame was really just fumbling around random tidbits some people had picked up from Japanese players, so he might've been much more popular then. You can see any pokemon being used on Youtube if you look hard enough, though.

Like I said, I don't disagree that he can be used effectively, and that he isn't deadly if he manages to set up correctly. However, he gets eaten alive by a huge portion of the most OU pokemon. Not just special attackers either, since T-Tar and Rhyperior laugha at any moveset that doesn't have Earthquake (and even then Rhyperior can take like, 14932582 of those). Yes, he's a beast when he sets up, but so is Swords Dance Pinsir, and nobody is fighting to put him on OU.

To the poster who mentioned OU tier not just being about usage, I agree, but you also really have to take a look at the way the metagame has evolved. At this stage, I personally believe he belongs in BL, but eh. Other people disagree with me, and that's fine too. Frankly there aren't any tier lists that are set in stone right now, and when Competitor comes out and the metagame becomes centralized Snorlax may indeed see a new vengeful resurgance.

Last edited by Fire Away; 09-02-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Spongebob Number One Fan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Don't talk down to me like I don't know what I'm saying. I've literally seen 3 or 4 Snorlax's the whole time I've been battling in DP, and that's including on Shoddy, where things like CM Blissey run rampant and destroy. I'll admit that I wasn't doing much battling during the first month or so of the release, which was when the metagame was really just fumbling around random tidbits some people had picked up from Japanese players, so he might've been much more popular then. You can see any pokemon being used on Youtube if you look hard enough, though.

Like I said, I don't disagree that he can be used effectively, and that he isn't deadly if he manages to set up correctly. However, he gets eaten alive by a huge portion of the most OU pokemon. Not just special attackers either, since T-Tar and Rhyperior laugh in any moveset that doesn't have Earthquake (and even then Rhyperior can take like, 14932582 of those). Yes, he's a beast when he sets up, but so is Swords Dance Pinsir, and nobody is fighting to put him on OU.

To the poster who mentioned OU tier not just being about usage, I agree, but you also really have to take a look at the way the metagame has evolved. At this stage, I personally believe he belongs in BL, but eh. Other people disagree with me, and that's fine too. Frankly there aren't any tier lists that are set in stone right now, and when Competitor comes out and the metagame becomes centralized Snorlax may indeed see a new vengeful resurgance.
I totally agree on that note. Snorlax isn't as effective as before, no question, but it still belongs in OU IMO. Still, it's an opinion, and disagreement always happens. Snorlax is very effective if used properly. Like you said, the metagame continually evolves, and snorlax could be in ubers one day and NU the next. Sure that was exagerated a lot, but the point is that D/P has only been out for less than a year, so we'll still have to wait and see a little, a lot like the tiers. Snorlax would obviously wipe out the lower tiers, that's why I think it should be OU. I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it being in BL, as steelix is and it's a monster wall. It's subjective though. I feel at this point snorlax is outclassed in OU, but better than BL, meaning if there was a tier in the middle of the two, I'd put it there. Snorlax seems to have lost power though. No question.