Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Arca Academy (preview)

Nate was always the loser. He was always picked last for teams, always getting shaken down for his lunch money, and always beaten up and tossed into a dumpster on a regular basis. Admittedly, this was partially his fault, seeing as how he was a complete nerd. There were more fantasy and science fiction books in his backpack every day then there were textbooks. He had seven accounts on six different online games, a video game collection consisting of almost half the titles of every system ever to come out, which would be a lot cooler where it not for the fact that there were some god-awful games in there that he simply loved to play, but worst of all was that not only did he do all of that junk, but he tended to try to talk about it with everyone he could. Whether it was boasting about his level 54 Blood Elf on WoW (Author's Note: I have very little idea of what a high level is in World of Warcraft, so please no one correct me on that) or attempting to trade strategies for Pokemon Puzzle challenge, he was practically asking to be beat up. Even the nerds and geeks, after a while, tired of it. So that was Nate's life. Loser by day, level 54 Blood Elf by night. Not the happiest existence, that's for sure. Then the letter came.

Nearing the end of Nate's last year of middle school before going onto high school, he received a letter offering a full scholarship to a prestigious private school, the Arca Academy, which, from the description, was the perfect place for his type. The letter even had snappy wordplay to accent it, such as "it shall be a 'magical' experience for you". Honestly, what could be better? So Nate immediately signed up, and went away for his last four years of school. But the first year brings a bit of a shock for Nate, and he learns that the snappy wordplay wasn't meant about online gaming or fantasy fiction. This was totally and completely real magic, and everyone at the Academy was a sorcerer, able to use magic like a pen. Easily and with few problems. Of course, as with a pen, if you don't know how to use it, things can get messy, and this is one pen that's hard to learn to write with. So now Nate and his new friends must learn to master their new talents, and soon, or else they may end up completely destroyed by it.

-------------

Alright, what do you think. I was going for a sort of "Harry Potter meets The Magickers" sort of thing. verdicts please.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:50 AM
iChaos Offline

Default Re: Arca Academy (preview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Nate was always the loser. He was always picked last for teams, always getting shaken down for his lunch money, and always beaten up and tossed into a dumpster on a regular basis. Admittedly, this was partially his fault, seeing as how he was a complete nerd. There were more fantasy and science fiction books in his backpack every day then there were textbooks. He had seven accounts on six different online games, a video game collection consisting of almost half the titles of every system ever to come out, which would be a lot cooler where it not for the fact that there were some god-awful games in there that he simply loved to play, but worst of all was that not only did he do all of that junk, but he tended to try to talk about it with everyone he could. Whether it was boasting about his level 54 Blood Elf on WoW (Author's Note: I have very little idea of what a high level is in World of Warcraft, so please no one correct me on that) or attempting to trade strategies for Pokemon Puzzle challenge, he was practically asking to be beat up. Even the nerds and geeks, after a while, tired of it. So that was Nate's life. Loser by day, level 54 Blood Elf by night. Not the happiest existence, that's for sure. Then the letter came.

Nearing the end of Nate's last year of middle school before going onto high school, he received a letter offering a full scholarship to a prestigious private school, the Arca Academy, which, from the description, was the perfect place for his type. The letter even had snappy wordplay to accent it, such as "it shall be a 'magical' experience for you". Honestly, what could be better? So Nate immediately signed up, and went away for his last four years of school. But the first year brings a bit of a shock for Nate, and he learns that the snappy wordplay wasn't meant about online gaming or fantasy fiction. This was totally and completely real magic, and everyone at the Academy was a sorcerer, able to use magic like a pen. Easily and with few problems. Of course, as with a pen, if you don't know how to use it, things can get messy, and this is one pen that's hard to learn to write with. So now Nate and his new friends must learn to master their new talents, and soon, or else they may end up completely destroyed by it.

-------------

Alright, what do you think. I was going for a sort of "Harry Potter meets The Magickers" sort of thing. verdicts please.
Its okay I like it