Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-18-2004, 03:19 AM
AltariaTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AltariaTamer
Default Altaria's Team, need all input!!!

Hey everyone. Here is my current team so far. Tell me what you like and dislike, thanks!!!

-Swampert (Used mostly as a tank with his calm nature and diverse attacks. I really don't know what else to do to him)
~Surf
~EQ
~Rest
~Ice Beam

-Medicham (w/ a relaxed nature, it's defense gets a boost which is helpful to it's only weakness of flying, and i use bulk up and calm mind to wallop the opponent. Has leftovers attached to it, and I really like this set so tell me how u like it, i really don't wanna change it. )
~Psychic
~Calm Mind
~Brick Break
~Bulk Up

-Ninetales (with a bold nature here, it dont hurt to have my attack dropped since i never use it, and adding strength to a much lowered defense such as ninetales, is never a bad thing...)
~Flamethrower
~Fire Spin
~Toxic
~Attract (female)

-Altaria!!!! (of course!!!) (my fav. poke has a sassy nature which helps it's weaknesses to dragons and it's BIG weakness to ice type attacks.)
~Aerial Ace
~Steel Wing
~??????????
~Dragon Dance

-Vileplume (I rarely use grass so i decided 2 throw him in since he was my favorite from my red version) ~~~CALM NATURE~~~
~Giga Drain
~Leach Seed
~Sleep powder
~??????????

Aggron (use as my physical sweeper which takes out MANY pokemon!!!! i love this guy! ALSO 2 NOTE: Rock Head Ability)
~Double Edge
~Rock Tomb (I hate how INACCURATE THIS THING IS!!)
~Iron Tail (this too!!! but it's STAB is wonderfully powerful. )
~??????????

THERE YA HAVE IT, PLEEZ HELP ME, THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

H.C.A.B.

I would appreciate it if you would come visit and join my new forum. Click the link below to visit my forum and join today!
Pocket Monsters Underground (PMU)

Last edited by AltariaTamer; 03-23-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:14 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Re: Altaria's Team, need all input!!!

Yo, calm down. Don't be a n00b, just wait it out.

First of all, Swampert isn't half tankish until it gets Curse. Adamant personality, with Curse, Rest, Quake, Ice beam, @ leftovers. Good luck with trying to get all EVs into Attack, Defense, and HP.

Medicham...@leftovers, make it Adamant. Bulk Up, Brick Break, Recover, and Rock Tomb or Hidden Power: Rock. Try to get the EVs into Speed, Attack, and HP.

Ninetails, keep it female, give it Grudge, Flamethrower, Hypnosis, and Toxic or Protect. Make it Timid and get all the EVs into Speed, Special Attack, and HP. Attach Lum Berry or Leftovers.

Altaria is a seksy beast. Natural Cure, make good use of it. Make it an elemental user, though. Make it Modest, @leftovers with Dragon Claw, Ice Beam, Rest, Flamethrower. Put EVs into Special Attack, Special Defense, and HP. With Rest, you rest up, then switch to fully heal and cure the sleep.

Make Vileplume female, @leftovers, with Sleep Powder, Aromatherapy, Swords Dance, and Sludge Bomb. Make it Adamant. Put the EVs into HP, Attack, and Speed.

Aggron, put all EVs into Attack, Defense, and HP. Focus Punch, Quake, Iron Tail, and Rest/Double Edge. Make it Adamant or +Def -Special Attack. @leftovers if you have Rest, @Choice Band if you have Double Edge. THAT will make him a finishing sweeper.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:20 AM
Pocket Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pocket

Swampert - I prefer Hidden Power *Rock/Flying* over Ice Beam. Rock for Flying and Bug, Flying is for Grass. I prefer Refresh over Rest, and attach Quick Claw, for a surprise OHKO.

Medicham - I prefer Shadow Ball over Hidden Power *Rock*/Rock Tomb. It has more power, and can hit Ghost. But if you're one of those trainers who frequently encounter Flying/Bug Types instead of Ghost and Psychic, I guess Rock is the better choice. I prefer Salac Berry over Leftovers, giving Speed that Sweeper needs.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Hate to burst your bubble, but Liechi is the only Pinch Berry in RuSa. Salac comes in FrLg. kthnxbai
Old 03-23-2004, 06:46 PM
AltariaTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AltariaTamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
Hate to burst your bubble, but Liechi is the only Pinch Berry in RuSa. Salac comes in FrLg. kthnxbai
you do have a point... but is that the only one that will come out with FR/LG?

I would appreciate it if you would come visit and join my new forum. Click the link below to visit my forum and join today!
Pocket Monsters Underground (PMU)
Old 03-23-2004, 07:49 PM

Nope, Salac raises Speed, Apicot raises S. Defense, Ganlon raises Defense, Petaya raises S. Attack