Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:59 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default New idea, yet to be named.

NOTE: This story isn't that original, to be fair. I've been influenced very much by 'Romeo and Juliet', 'The Lion King 2' and 'Final Fantasy X', O_o. I quite like the overall idea of it though. I might be making a non-Pokemon version of this, if the Pokemno version goes well. We'll see. Obviously this won't be done for a while as I still have 'Seven Paths' to finish, but I want some feedback now. (:

The story is going to be set a long time ago, like our equivalent of the medieval times. Not actual medieval times with Pokemon but, you get the jist. The land of Hoenn is the only region without an offical leader. It is split up in half and each half is owned by two families. There has been a war for a long time between the two as each family wishes to gain control of the whole of Hoenn. On Mount Pyre, hope I got that name right I haven't played Ruby/Sapphire in time, well on that particular place is a great statue of all the legends. People go there from every part of Hoenn and it is the only peaceful place. You are not allowed to tell anyone your name or which side you are from so there will be no arguments and it can remain peaceful.

The heir of one family, it's mostly in her point of view, and the heir of another meet at the monument and they become fast freinds, having no idea who the other one is. There are loads of little events in between which I haven't officially decided yet. They realize that they are from different sides, but still do not know that the other is the heir. Then in a battle, where they are meant to kill each other, they find out each otehrs true identity. They find each other by the statue one evening and run away, but soon realize that they must stop the war.

It's a sad story as well, but I can't give away any more!
What rating would it be, by the way? There's fighting, violence, death, romance, that sort of stuff in it.
Also, can anyone give me help with a name?

Thanks, comments and stuff muchly appreciated.
Comments and more ideas are appreciated thank you. (:
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
autism Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: New idea, yet to be named.

I kinda like it. I got a name for it. "Peace quest." I think it could be rated pg (maybe 13)
If you love rap/hip-hop you have to listen to this one. PM me to tell me whatchu think. I think Ludacris made another future chart-topper with this ****.http://www.mixmatters.com/hot/2007/L...ity_Chick.html^^-Anti-bullying Campaign-^^
--Put this in your sig if you hate bullies--

Last edited by autism; 08-03-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thankyou. (: I've thought of a title now, but I won't reveal it yet as it has something to do with a sub-plot in the story. (:

Thanks for the rating idea though, I think I'll go for that one.

Thanks for comments.
~WTS
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 08-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Sounds interesting. It has the potential to be incredibly cliché and corny, so you'll have to watch out as you're writing this so it doesn't become the typical soapy story, because it can become predictable and dull if you don't play your cards right. Of course it can also be an epic adventure- I'm just worried that the Romeo and Juliet part you're using will riun it.

I also know you have a title, however I;d just like to put out there the idea of naming it after these statues, as they pretty much start the whole thing. Making this statue a central part of the story would ground the fic and could do a world of good.

In any case, there's little else to say, so good luck.

~Psychic