Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

I didn't even read the rest of this thread, only up to LOL's post about how you are all being idiots and that this is a kids show, where of course there are going to be errors, but there is one that I can help clear up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyi View Post
I find out another error abwt the episode....

remember the episode "So near Yet so FarFetchd" it was a story of a boy and his farfetchd tricking other Pokemon trainer to thief thier Pokemon.. They stole Team Rockets Pokemon: Arbok, Weezing and..... LICKITUNG?...

Lickitung was caught by jessie in the 1st episode of the Pokemon 2nd season("Princess vs Princess" which is supposed to air 2 episode after that episode....
Jessie, at some point, accidentaly traded away Lickitung, which is how she got Wobbufett. It's no error, you just didn't happen to see that episode. Neither did I. I read it on Serebii's character bios because I also wanted to know what happened to Lickitung.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

[QUOTE=AshMistyMayfan;1247927]OK....

How come legendary Pokemon are saved for only the movies, and why the legendaries are not caught by Ash/company? I never see JIrachi on the TV portion. I don't think the legend birds were televised in Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno.

QUOTE]

Motres was seen brifly in the first indgo tournament episode and Articuno was seen in Freeze Frame ( the episode were Todd Snap takes a picture of Articuno ) Also the Episodes Gaining Groudon and Scuffle of legneds featured Groudon and Kyogre

As for errors, in the episode where Primape leaves Brock enters Geodude in a fighting contest and Geodudee is not part fighting

I also dont get how Ash can see almost every legendary Pokemon and Prof Oak said that many trainers SEARCH EXCLUSIVLY for them and neverdo see them and Ash never actually looks for them?

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }

Last edited by Moonlight; 07-26-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
dark_mon09 Offline
Experienced Trainer

in the older episode they seem to more than 4 moves per pokemon.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:28 AM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_mon09 View Post
in the older episode they seem to more than 4 moves per pokemon.
yeah your right and some of the moves dont even make sense... and i remeber when ash battles blane he makes pikachu use a thunderbolt on rhydon and it knocks it out. rhydon is part ground so i dont know y a thunderbolt would knock it out. the second part of that gym battle ash tells charizard to do an inverted toss i think but it was seismic toss
Old 07-28-2007, 07:49 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

I don't even think Charizard can actually learn Seismic Toss (except for the old Action Replay in the game), but I never at one time in my guide books ever seen a Charizard learning Seismic Toss. Also, when they say Buneary uses 'Dizzy PUnch', how come it comes out like 'Pound' or 'Double Slap' with its ears pounding away? When I use it on the game, it's like it punches 2 times with its paws.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:21 AM
No1Inparticular Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to No1Inparticular

Quote:
How come legendary Pokemon are saved for only the movies, and why the legendaries are not caught by Ash/company? I never see JIrachi on the TV portion. I don't think the legend birds were televised in Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno.
Articuno Was Seen Against One Of The Frontier Brains, Noland I Think

Link ; Courage Signiture Made By Me.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Kenneth Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
OK....

Why was Team Rocket doing the 3 clown routine for Dawn to get the Poketech, and how come Ash doesn't get a Poketech but Dawn does? In the game, if you are a boy/girl, you get a Poketech either way.
Those Poketches were fakes. And Ash didn't want one.

IN the contest...Ash didn't dress in a tuxedo like the boy in the game would. Not sure if that's a big deal error or not.
He doesn't carry around an extra set of clothes (especially not a tuxedo), and he wasn't expecting Aipom to want to go into a contest.

How come 'Paul' doesn't look any way like the game's rival character? Paul is like the Johto bad rival!
I dunno, I guess they didn't want to use the blonde rival from D/P because he wants to become the toughest Pokemon trainer ever. Due to this, he can't be Dawn's rival. And also, he was Lukas's best friend in D/P, so they can't make him have been Ash's best friend in the anime. Get it, or did I confuse you?

How come if we players get a huge Pokedex of 480 Pokemon do Ash/Dawn/other characters only carry 6 and never use the PC in the center?
Ash wants to start off "fresh" in each region. Also, he hardly ever catches Pokemon. In Hoenn, the only Pokemon he caught were the ones in his team: Sceptile, Swellow, Corphish, Glalie, & Torkoal.

I never see 'TMs' taught, or HMs as Dawn apparantely taught the Piplup waterfall I believe.
In the anime, TM's cease to exist. For example, Pikachu can only learn Iron Tail by TM, but in the anime he learned it by practicing it over time until he perfected it.

How come Team Rocket is in Shinou, yet in the game, we get Galactic? THere is no Team Rocket anywhere in Shinou.
Team Rocket isn't even recognized in Sinnoh, Ash & Co always must explain who they are. The only members of Team Rocket in Sinnoh are Jessie, James, & Meowth.

How come at times the total number of Pokemon are not shown on the TV? They say there's 150 in Kanto, yet on TV, you see like maybe 80% of that number. You don't see their evolutions too much.
They only feature 1-3 Pokemon per episode (usually just like, Sentret and Furret), and they can't show every single one in such a small amount of time.

How come legendary Pokemon are saved for only the movies, and why the legendaries are not caught by Ash/company? I never see Jirachi on the TV portion. I don't think the legend birds were televised in Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno.
Just think- if Ash had Latios, Deoxys, Celebi, Mewtwo, Mew, Zapdos, Lugia, Articuno, Moltres, Suicune, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Lucario at his disposal, do you think it would be interesting to watch the anime when he could wipe out Gyms with ease?

How come on TV a journey to the next town takes like a week, yet we can get to the next town within 5 minutes on our game?
Are you kidding? Ash would be through each region in a month's worth of episodes.

Another error, if we have to beat Elite 4, how come Ash hasn't done that yet?
I have no idea whatsoever. Oh! Wait! Maybe it's because in the anime they actually have tournaments that make sense. Trainers all over the world can battle it out in a tournament rather than every trainer in the world face the Elite 4 and each becoming the champion. Interestingly enough, Cynthia is the Champion of Sinnoh........ I'm not so sure about this question.....

Just a tease now, how much shorter can Dawn's skirt get in those camera shots?
Maybe a little trim wouldn't hurt. XD

Yeah, those are a number of errors I have seen, yet I think the show is still great. That was my top 10 rant, plus a bonus referring to Dawn. She's still great, but they sure do a lot of teasing shots with her.
Edited in bold.

Quote:
I don't even think Charizard can actually learn Seismic Toss (except for the old Action Replay in the game), but I never at one time in my guide books ever seen a Charizard learning Seismic Toss. Also, when they say Buneary uses 'Dizzy PUnch', how come it comes out like 'Pound' or 'Double Slap' with its ears pounding away? When I use it on the game, it's like it punches 2 times with its paws.
Actually, Charizard can learn Seismic Toss.
R/B/Y: Learnable by TM 19, which was Seismic Toss in these games.
G/S/C: Unlearnable, but can be obtained by trading from R/B/Y.
R/S/E: Unlearnable, but can be obtained by trading from FR/LG.
FR/LG: Learnable by the Move Tutor in the Pewter Museum.
D/P: Unlearnable, but can be obtained by trading from FR/LG.

Interestingly enough, a Seismic Toss-using Charizard can only be obtained in Kanto.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Jessie, at some point, accidentaly traded away Lickitung, which is how she got Wobbufett. It's no error, you just didn't happen to see that episode. Neither did I. I read it on Serebii's character bios because I also wanted to know what happened to Lickitung.
No, he means, the theif stole Lickitung BEFORE Jessie even caught it.

Last edited by Kenneth; 07-28-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 PM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

Quote:
charizard can learn seismic toss in the red and blue versions its a tm in the game
Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Pokefan Silver Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Pokefan Silver

I wonder why ash ALWAYS saves Legendaries
Old 08-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Edited in bold.

Actually, Charizard can learn Seismic Toss.
R/B/Y: Learnable by TM 19, which was Seismic Toss in these games.
G/S/C: Unlearnable, but can be obtained by trading from R/B/Y.
R/S/E: Unlearnable, but can be obtained by trading from FR/LG.
FR/LG: Learnable by the Move Tutor in the Pewter Museum.
D/P: Unlearnable, but can be obtained by trading from FR/LG.

Interestingly enough, a Seismic Toss-using Charizard can only be obtained in Kanto.....

No, he means, the theif stole Lickitung BEFORE Jessie even caught it.
Acturally, I think Charizard can also learn Seismic Toss in Emerald...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:21 AM
The Luna Diviner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokefan Silver View Post
I guess cause hed rather help then catch them
but yeah it is strange how he NEVER failed once

Old 08-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Pokefan Silver Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Pokefan Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
I guess cause hed rather help then catch them
but yeah it is strange how he NEVER failed once
I'd rather catch them, than help them
Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM
The Luna Diviner

I guess wed all rather catch them but in the movies they have more meaning ( like Articuno Zapdos, Moltres and the balence of the world ) and catchin them could do some harm

Old 08-02-2007, 06:25 PM
FirePwnsRock Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokefan Silver View Post
The question isn't why, it's How? How the fug does Ash always save the earth, from the newest/destructive Pokemon. It doesn't make sence.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:49 PM
SuperT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

The Cantests gets me mad. It don't make sence. Do yous remember when May's Combusken face Jame's Mime Jr. Mime Jr use fire spin a 2nd time. then they were acting like Combusken had Flash fire abilty. after may's first contest, it died