Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

l0l it's pretty funny that my thread has been turned into a discussion of originality,

[hate to be the badguy...... but] could you please do it somewhere else, because it distracts from what the purpose of my thread is..... to see what people think of my idea....please and thanks you!

BRYCExKAT
Old 07-29-2007, 05:37 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Send a message via AIM to PokéJungle Send a message via MSN to PokéJungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
l0l it's pretty funny that my thread has been turned into a discussion of originality,

[hate to be the badguy...... but] could you please do it somewhere else, because it distracts from what the purpose of my thread is..... to see what people think of my idea....please and thanks you!
I'm sorry for hijacking your thread.

[[ PJN | MMC | SCO | DWC |
Old 07-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post

Sorry to :) *pat, pat*
I am not a big fan of crime stories so I can not really say how good it is, I could have to read the actual fic :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

In regards to your idea, it sounds a lot like... The Wicker Man, I think the movie was called. In regards to the kidnapping of a girl, someone going to investigate and finding a cult, I mean. Not trying to crush your dreams or anything, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

But certain Pokemon do seem very cult-ish. I can easily see "The Cult of the Umbreon" or "The Dark Mightyena Alliance" or something else suitably cheesy that sounds ominous. It could work.

...Mental image of an Eeveethulu. That aside...

If written right, it could turn into a great horror piece, or simply an action story, if that's more what you're going for. Heck, even comedy would work here, if you're careful. As long as it doesn't look like the exact same story as the movie was.

~Darth

Murkrow
Done: 800

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 07-30-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
In regards to your idea, it sounds a lot like... The Wicker Man, I think the movie was called. In regards to the kidnapping of a girl, someone going to investigate and finding a cult, I mean. Not trying to crush your dreams or anything, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

But certain Pokemon do seem very cult-ish. I can easily see "The Cult of the Umbreon" or "The Dark Mightyena Alliance" or something else suitably cheesy that sounds ominous. It could work.

...Mental image of an Eeveethulu. That aside...

If written right, it could turn into a great horror piece, or simply an action story, if that's more what you're going for. Heck, even comedy would work here, if you're careful. As long as it doesn't look like the exact same story as the movie was.

~Darth
Okay well, i havent gotten any of my ideas down about the specifics and w/e so i couldnt really say if its gonna be a cult or whatever the deal is..........
since you have told me that its alot like the "Wicker Man" i might watch it and try to make mine as different as possible i guess.............

BRYCExKAT
Old 07-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post. I'm not exactly great at the entire constructive criticism thing.

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 07-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post. I'm not exactly great at the entire constructive criticism thing.
oh no... you didnt offend me at all...
i actually am glad that you told me that so i dont make a complete fool of myself when i post a story that it the exact same thing as a recent movie......
so thanks

BRYCExKAT
Old 08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

ermm... i dont really think i am gonna do this anymore.... idk i just dont really like the idea anymore, when i thought it up, it was like 4:45 a.m. so my mind wasnt focused clearly

BRYCExKAT