Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Bryce's Avatar
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: :sexface:
Posts: 4,427
Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

l0l it's pretty funny that my thread has been turned into a discussion of originality,

[hate to be the badguy...... but] could you please do it somewhere else, because it distracts from what the purpose of my thread is..... to see what people think of my idea....please and thanks you!
__________________
:D

BRYCExKAT
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-29-2007, 05:37 AM
PokéJungle's Avatar
PokéJungle Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nihon
Posts: 1,152
Send a message via AIM to PokéJungle Send a message via MSN to PokéJungle
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
l0l it's pretty funny that my thread has been turned into a discussion of originality,

[hate to be the badguy...... but] could you please do it somewhere else, because it distracts from what the purpose of my thread is..... to see what people think of my idea....please and thanks you!
I'm sorry for hijacking your thread.
__________________
[[ I have LIMELOVE



[[ PJN | MMC | SCO | DWC |
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
l0l it's pretty funny that my thread has been turned into a discussion of originality,

[hate to be the badguy...... but] could you please do it somewhere else, because it distracts from what the purpose of my thread is..... to see what people think of my idea....please and thanks you!
Sorry to :) *pat, pat*
I am not a big fan of crime stories so I can not really say how good it is, I could have to read the actual fic :)
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Darth Murkrow's Avatar
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On Hiatus: Back in November
Posts: 765
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

In regards to your idea, it sounds a lot like... The Wicker Man, I think the movie was called. In regards to the kidnapping of a girl, someone going to investigate and finding a cult, I mean. Not trying to crush your dreams or anything, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

But certain Pokemon do seem very cult-ish. I can easily see "The Cult of the Umbreon" or "The Dark Mightyena Alliance" or something else suitably cheesy that sounds ominous. It could work.

...Mental image of an Eeveethulu. That aside...

If written right, it could turn into a great horror piece, or simply an action story, if that's more what you're going for. Heck, even comedy would work here, if you're careful. As long as it doesn't look like the exact same story as the movie was.

~Darth
__________________



Murkrow
Done: 800

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 07-30-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: :sexface:
Posts: 4,427
Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
In regards to your idea, it sounds a lot like... The Wicker Man, I think the movie was called. In regards to the kidnapping of a girl, someone going to investigate and finding a cult, I mean. Not trying to crush your dreams or anything, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

But certain Pokemon do seem very cult-ish. I can easily see "The Cult of the Umbreon" or "The Dark Mightyena Alliance" or something else suitably cheesy that sounds ominous. It could work.

...Mental image of an Eeveethulu. That aside...

If written right, it could turn into a great horror piece, or simply an action story, if that's more what you're going for. Heck, even comedy would work here, if you're careful. As long as it doesn't look like the exact same story as the movie was.

~Darth
Okay well, i havent gotten any of my ideas down about the specifics and w/e so i couldnt really say if its gonna be a cult or whatever the deal is..........
since you have told me that its alot like the "Wicker Man" i might watch it and try to make mine as different as possible i guess.............
__________________
:D

BRYCExKAT
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Darth Murkrow's Avatar
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On Hiatus: Back in November
Posts: 765
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post. I'm not exactly great at the entire constructive criticism thing.
__________________



Murkrow
Done: 800
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: :sexface:
Posts: 4,427
Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post. I'm not exactly great at the entire constructive criticism thing.
oh no... you didnt offend me at all...
i actually am glad that you told me that so i dont make a complete fool of myself when i post a story that it the exact same thing as a recent movie......
so thanks
__________________
:D

BRYCExKAT
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: :sexface:
Posts: 4,427
Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Totally New Theme.... Won't Wanna Miss It!

ermm... i dont really think i am gonna do this anymore.... idk i just dont really like the idea anymore, when i thought it up, it was like 4:45 a.m. so my mind wasnt focused clearly
__________________
:D

BRYCExKAT
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com