Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Flammenwerfer Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flammenwerfer Send a message via MSN to Flammenwerfer Send a message via Skype™ to Flammenwerfer
Default The Mysterious Truck near Vermilion Port

To get to the truck you need to do the following things:

1. Make sure you get cut then FAINT off the boat instead of just leaving.
2. Come back after you get surf. Do not go into the boat. Instead, go to the small bridge and face right use surf.
3. Keep going until you see a strip of land. Land there and go up/right and then you'll see the truck!

There is a reason the truck is there. It was there in R/B/Y and if you had a Machamp with Strength, you could move it and there would be a hole. If you went in, you'd fight MEW! But the Machamp thing doesn't work in FRLG. I'll find it out soon, though! (I will post a video of me doing it later.)
Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Lionprince42 Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: The Mysterious Truck near Vermilion Port

cant wait
Old 07-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
There is a reason the truck is there. It was there in R/B/Y and if you had a Machamp with Strength, you could move it and there would be a hole. If you went in, you'd fight MEW! But the Machamp thing doesn't work in FRLG. I'll find it out soon, though! (I will post a video of me doing it later.)
That didn't work in RBY either. You can't move the truck and you can't get Mew from it in any way. In FRLG it also does nothing. You can just find a Lava Cookie nearby.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Yggdrasill Offline

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

The truck was confirmed by Nintendo to be an "Easter-egg" in FR/LG, because it was the center of lot's of Mew theories in R/B/Y.
If it was so easy to obtain Mew in R/B/Y and FR/LG; there wouldn't be events going around from which you obtain Mew.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:14 AM
turbo123212321 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to turbo123212321

Wow didn't know that. Can I do it after the boat leaves?

War Team: DOGD

Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Argento Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Argento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic_Dragon View Post
To get to the truck you need to do the following things:

1. Make sure you get cut then FAINT off the boat instead of just leaving.
2. Come back after you get surf. Do not go into the boat. Instead, go to the small bridge and face right use surf.
3. Keep going until you see a strip of land. Land there and go up/right and then you'll see the truck!

There will be no video, because as the others pointed out, this is one of the oldest fake rumors there is. You've been fooled.

Check out my art here!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Mewtwo530 Offline
New Trainer

The real way to catch mew in R/B/Y is:

1.Do not battle the old man on route 8 or the trainer in front of two trees on route 25

2.Come out of the underground path on route 8 and quickly pause the game when you walk in front of the old man

3.While the game is paused use fly and fly to Cerulean city

4.Walk up the nugget bridge and battle the trainer you skipped on route 25

5.After defeating this trainer fly to Lavender Town and walk towards the pathway in front of the pokemon center and you will run into mew.

Registeel!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM
nayon Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwo530 View Post

1.Do not battle the old man on route 8 or the trainer in front of two trees on route 25

2.Come out of the underground path on route 8 and quickly pause the game when you walk in front of the old man

5.After defeating this trainer fly to Lavender Town and walk towards the pathway in front of the pokemon center and you will run into mew.

This is the true way to catch mew without events... It works becausse when you pause the game when that old man sees you, you screw up the memory values, and you can then edit the pokemon you will encounter next by doing some stuff, but it only works with that specific NPC because that's the only way I know to pause the game while being seen by a npc
Old 07-25-2007, 03:01 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwo530 View Post

Why does every1 battle the old dude on Roue 8 instead of just catching an Abra and battling the youngster above Nugget Bridge? That way, you can have Mew before you even have the 2nd badge.