Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Ixidor Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Black and White; A new dawn.

When people pray, a god is born, birthed from the void between time and space. Beings of infinite power and grace, able to reshape worlds with a whim, and all created by the cry of a single, fragile soul.

The world was peaceful, the tribes coexisting peacefully, tolerant of each other, if not friendly. Led by strong, capable men, even the more industrious civilizations refrained from seeking conquest over the others, content to simply live and let live, unwilling to let war lay waste to their world. The gods then were detached from the mainstream of the world, they lay nearly dormant, simply watching from afar, largely disinterested in their own people or their fates, content that their wards were safe.

Then He came. Amon, answering the vile prayers of a lone Aztec shaman, the rest of the Aztec people falling quickly to his tainted influence, seduced by the prospect of power, glory, he soon even managed to revive the once banished practices of human sacrifice, the prospects of the other tribes were suddenly grim, taken by surprise as they were by the sudden, brutal attack of the Aztec armies, by the time the other gods were roused back to attention, reached finally by the cries of their people, it was nearly too late, lands either taken or crippled by the armies of the Aztec people, leaders taken and sacrificed to the glory of Amon, leaving some of the peoples blind in the darkness of the future, now was the time for the gods to step forth, now was the time to fight back.

As anyone reading this might have gathered, this is a roleplay based on the game Black and white, with a few more player friendly twists of course. As such, like the game, certain historical and geographical amendments have been made, like the different tribes living together in the one land, where-as in earths history some of them did not even exist at the same time let alone on the same continent. Also the land we will be dealing with is not earth, it is one, vast, nameless continent. ok? Sign up sheet now.

-
Name:
Tribe:(Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Japanese)
Alignment:(good, neutral or somewhat less than decent but still concerned with his people, Amon is the only truly evil god here, just to keep things a little linear, ok?)
Appearance:(what your god looks like, and obviously, please keep appearance relevant to your chosen tribe)
Personality:(just describe the general temperament of your god, attitudes towards his people, the current strife, and his fellow gods)
Symbol: (your gods symbol)

Creature.
Creature name:
Species:(as with your gods appearance, please keep species somewhat relevant to your tribes culture)

Example;
Name:Balenur, The Morningstar
Tribe:Celtic
Alignment:Good, leaning towards neutral
Appearance:A strong, muscular, pale body, long black hair hanging to his chin on the sides, spiked at the back, a few thin braids tied into his longer hair, wears a simple, dark green sleeveless coat, made of a flowing material, and a kilt, along with several thin chains and braids tied loosely around his wrists, has pale blue tattoos all across his left side, wrapping around his arm from the shoulder, covering the left side of his chest, and stretching up his neck, cheek and finishing on his forehead. always wreathed in a pale red glow, accompanied by a pale nimbus of light around his head.
Personality:Strong, a warrior through and through, though he does have a definite sense of humor, by and large he never troubled himself with the workings of the other gods, content to tend to his own people. he has a wisdom that seems strange when spoken by one with such a youthful appearance, but then again, he is a god.
Symbol: A single golden star above the horizon.

Creature.
Creature name: Khulain
Species: Ram

Accepted players:
-Eeveeking ~ Egyptian
- Uxie ~ Japanese

Last edited by Ixidor; 07-18-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: player update
Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Black and White; A new dawn.

Ixidor, you're MY God. Brilliant, simply brilliant! I'm reserving right this second. Do you mind if my character is evil, like, he does evil things for the fun of it, but he has absolutely no intention to wage war or anything?

Edit: Never mind, I'll just be neutral.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:20 AM
Ixidor Offline
Experienced Trainer

Consider a spot reserved dude, and yes, that character idea sounds fine, neutrality would be what it would come under though, so your edit made sense.

Thank you for the compliment by the way, i really appreciate feedback like that.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:11 PM
uxie Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to uxie

((I hope it's good enough, I wrote this on the fly.))

Name: Dahashin
Tribe: Japanese
Alignment: Good. Yes. Just good.
Appearance: While Dahashin doesn't exactly look like he fits the bill of a nearly all-powerful being, neither do many other gods. He appears (usually) like a young, mid-teenaged male human in most ways. His raven-black hair, kept back into a (very non-feminine) ponytail is quite humanoid. His face is mostly humanoid, with sharp cheekbones, slanted eyes, and a mouth that always seems like it has a hint of a smile on it. Perhaps the most human-like feature he possesses are his eyeglasses, kept purely for asthetic reasons. The eyes themselves, though, are purple shot with iridescent blue, a very non-human color. He is lean and fit, but not particularly muscular. His strengths lie in cleverness and knowlege.
Personality: Dahashin has a particular attachment to scholarship and knowlege, and so his favorite mortals are those who value wisdom for its own sake. He cares deeply for his tribe, and is often found walking among them in disguise during this current crisis. He actively searches for a solution to the intrusion of the Aztec tribe and their foul deity. He attempts to deal with other deities often, theorizing that ties with other cultures will help them all against the storm of evil that is rising. Dahashin views the world through a slightly humorous, but mainly serious point of view. You may visualize his worldview as dark chocolate layer cake with cream between the layers.
Symbol: A silver nine-pointed star

Creature
Creature name: Shu
Species: Crane

Friend Code Info

Still paired with Eveelover12!
Requiem for the DCC

Last edited by uxie; 07-18-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:21 PM
___Alana_Marie___ Offline

Send a message via MSN to ___Alana_Marie___

Reserve me a spot please!!!!!!! This sounds way cool ^^;
Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Finished.

Name: Anurin
Tribe: Walk like an Egyptian baby!
Alignment: Neutral, leaning just a bit in towards the dark side.
Appearance: Anurin is definitely anything but human. While his body is that of a dark skinned Egyptian, his head is in the shape of a jackal’s, with a long snout, pointed teeth and red eyes. His body is tan and muscular, and is often covered by an Egyptian cloth around his waist. He also carries a scepter.
Personality: Anurin, due to his inhuman head and not wishing any interest from the lcal villagers, chooses to maintain a spiritual form instead of a physical one. Though he bears no ill will towards any other god and does not wish to wage war for their populations, he has a short temper, and does not take those who test it lightly. He is fond of the idea of church ceremonies, adopted from his people’s former ideas of religion. He has several priors that he uses to speak to his people, and those who do not listen become his creature’s dinner. The more who defy him, the angrier he becomes. Too many of them in one village, and he will destroy the entire thing. However, in order to avoid bloodshed, he shows compassion to those who follow his order, and sends his priors to other villages to convert them instead of his armies.
Symbol: A Jackal’s head

Creature.
Creature name: Takar
Species: Jackal
Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Ixidor Offline
Experienced Trainer

Eeveeking - Accepted, great job there, love the desc.

Uxie - Accepted also, love that you changed things up a bit and went for a more wisdom oriented god.

Looks like we have three pretty unique dynamics going on here. Also just to be clear on this point, just like in black and white, Gods are beings of the ethereal, we can only get a hand in the world (figuratively of course), and our major physical contact with our world is through our creatures, so Eevee's priors are fine, since they're essentially missionary disciples, just don't send them my way haha, and Uxie, keep in mind that if you want to walk among your people, you do so at your own risk, because your powers won't be able to follow you onto that plane ok?

Last edited by Ixidor; 07-18-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 AM
uxie Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixidor View Post
And Uxie, keep in mind that if you want to walk among your people, you do so at your own risk, because your powers won't be able to follow you onto that plane ok?
*gulp* Oh, dear. I can think of all sorts of nasty things that could happen in a situation like that...

Thanks for the warning!

Friend Code Info

Requiem for the DCC
Old 07-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Ixidor Offline
Experienced Trainer

Just a notice to Eeveeking and Uxie, i'm going to give it one last day, and then if nobody else has signed up i'm going to just start things out with the three of us alright? and leave sign-ups open in case anyone wants to join in later.

That sound good to you two?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:13 PM
uxie Offline
Master Trainer

That works just fine for me.

Friend Code Info

Requiem for the DCC