Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
DrCoolSanta Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via MSN to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
Default Are we allowed to hotlink?

Anybody who can answer, I wanted to ask, do you let people hotlink to your site?
I'll probably get a no, but I had to ask, since my host won't give me a lot of space, so just to save some I was asking if I can hotlink to images at PE2K.

VPP
Salemence

Hatched!
Evolved to Shellgon!
Evolved to Salamence!
Level 100: 311

Old 07-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Are we allowed to hotlink?

I'm not one hundred percent sure what hot-linking is but if it means what I think it means, then I don't believe you can. Something about consuming bandwidth. However you can probably save them to you pc and upload them through photobucket or some other uploading site, and then link to that image.

But like I said I'm not one-hundred percent sure if hot-linking is what I think it is.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:33 AM
DrCoolSanta Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via MSN to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta

I think you probably got what it is, hotlinking means that images that I want on my site are actually on PE2K's server and I show them on my site, so actually using PE2K's bandwidth.

VPP
Salemence

Hatched!
Evolved to Shellgon!
Evolved to Salamence!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Willdudebotdood Offline
Master Trainer

Post Re: Are we allowed to hotlink?

If you mean get images from Pe2K on your website maybe you should get permission and copy and paste. Then again, I'm still not 100% sure what hotlink is.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Yggdrasill Offline

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

A lot of sites don't allow hotlinking, because as Nick said: it basically steals the other websites bandwidth.
Photobucket, Imageshack and Tinypic are there for a reason, so it would be better just to use them.

I'm sure I've seen something about not being allowed to hotlink on the PE2k site anyway.

Last edited by Yggdrasill; 07-21-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:47 AM
DrCoolSanta Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill View Post
A lot of sites don't allow hotlinking, because as Nick said: it basically steals the other websites bandwidth.
Photobucket, Imageshack and Tinypic are there for a reason, so it would be better just to use them.

I'm sure I've seen something about not being allowed to hotlink on the PE2k site anyway.
Thanks then, I'll have to upload it all now -_-

Willdudebotdood, most images on PE2K are not copyrighted to Ryan, and here I mean Sprites and in game images, so I wouldn't get permission, and well, you dodn't actually understand what I asked.

This can be closed, unless someone wants to say that I can hotlink, if not no further discussion.

VPP
Salemence

Hatched!
Evolved to Shellgon!
Evolved to Salamence!