Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:08 AM
politoed123 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to politoed123 Send a message via MSN to politoed123 Send a message via Yahoo to politoed123
Default Hmm i need help

Ok i want to write a really good fan fic but i cant think of any topics >.> plz people tell me if u have a good topic i may use !!! :D
Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Hmm i need help

hmmm....... i dont really think it would be fair to use a topic/idea of someone else's because it is not YOUR idea and you shouldnt be credited with it, whether it is successful or not........

but, i will give you this advice:

1st off, try to think of the genre that you are best suited to, [action, drama, comedy] and stick with that.

2nd off, try to think of an idea that has never been attempted before, though those may be rare, and hard to think of..... but do not steal someone else's plot line, just make your own, original piece of work that does not relate too strongly with anyone else's........

Obvioulsy i am not an expert on the matter, but try to stick to that advice and think of your own idea, it's actually not that hard, i have ideas for stories popping into my mind every minute, even as i type this 8D!

BRYCExKAT
Old 07-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Politoed, that's off topic and unnecessary.

Just let your brain run wild! Think of random things, like someone losing a carrot. Make the story and plot much bigger, obviously!

Use your imagination. It's not really fair to use someone elses idea, and get credited for it! (Stated above)

But, like Bryce said, try and think of a genre. A funny story, action story, emotional story. There's plenty more out there! Just pick the one you find easiest to write in or like best!

Good luck,

Djax94

EDIT: Also, improve your grammar
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

-Agrees with things said above-

What kind of stories you like the best? An emotional one? A humorous one? An action one?

You can always draw up ideas from things around you. Movies, shows, other's stories. To get an idea, I suggest this. Pick a random movie you have lying around and watch it. Something's bound to come up.

What you can also do is grab an overused idea and try to twist it into your creation. Spice it up and morph the OU plot to you own.

Oh yeah, like others said, work on grammar/spelling/etc. before you write your fic.

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce