Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 PM
uxie Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to uxie
Default Welcoming Team

Alright, so I know on several forums they have a 'Welcoming Team' or 'Welcoming Committee.' These teams are there to make newbies welcome, by answering questions, giving them a welcoming PM, and other things like that.

Now, I'm not sure how this would work on Pe25, but I figured that there could be a list of the members of the Committee on the New Members board or in the Forum Guide, and when newbies joined they could be temporarily 'adopted' by one of the team members. Or, alternatively, just list them on the New Members board with a notice that these people are there to answer questions about the forums. That way, the Questions to Webmaster board wouldn't be so cluttered with questions about 'How do I do this?' and the like. After a certain amount of time, the new member would be able to cope on their own and wouldn't need to ask questions of team members.

This 'team' could obviously be made up of volunteers, so that nobody gets roped into doing this when they don't want to. But anyway, it's just a suggestion to improve the spam problem and maybe even help newbies fit in and not become the kind of member nobody wants around...

Friend Code Info

Still paired with Eveelover12!
Requiem for the DCC