Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Eevee are very great Pokemon to do fanfictions on. I have one myself I find them to be very versatile.

I like the idea, Stripes. It sounds like a thing you could work a lot of emotional impact into. I enjoy stories that tug on the heartstrings (call me a traditionalist, but it's true). I would read that.

I gave up my previous ideas. My latest obsession Pokemon-wise is Rattata and Raticate, as they seem underused. Maybe a PMD fic based around them...?

Gah, I need to finish Chronicles first. *Opens Word and gets typing*

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 AM
Shadowzard Offline
Master Trainer

Here's an idea.

One day, there were two siblings, a Riolu and a Lucario. The two were loyal and unseperatable brothers untill the day Lucario was caught. Riolu was hiding in a bush when the event took place and saw everything. The man who caught him was cruel to his team. He yelled at Lucario during the battle, trying to distract him and treated his pokemon like scum everytime they got hit. Right when he caught him he flew away on his Dragonite with a smirk in his face. His little brother Riolu traveled far and wide looking for his his sibling's kidnapper only to be caught himself by a young girl named Hope who was a new trainer getting ready for her journey. Can Riolu reunite with Lucario while traveling with his new trainer.

Please rate and give ideas!

Last edited by Shadowzard; 06-26-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx

@Shadowzard: Not bad.
How about this:
Pokemon Movie 11: The Legends Rise
"Don't trust the living. For you shall lose all Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower. The Temple Of Orgin shall hold all answers. Purify your heart to See the pokemon of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower. Do not let them corrupt another war, or many lives will suffer, and beg them to stop. To not awaken the Ultimite pokemon." An aceint book said. It had Unown engraved on it, and was made of rock. Only the chosen ones could read them. One was called Zelina, and had an engraved scar of Mespirit on her left arm. The second was called Arien, and had a scar of Uxie engraved on his left arm. The last was called Alita, and she had an scar of Azelf engraved on her left arm. They were indeed the chosen ones. Now they must save the world From Team Galactic once again. And this time, they wanted the Pokemon of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower-Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf.
あたまの はなかざりの かおりには リラックスさせる こうかが ある。ていれを なまけると かれてし まう。

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Meh, there are too many Eevee stories. But this one seems like a good idea, except for the pidgeot part because it's not that practical that seven squirrel-like things are brought up by a huge predator bird..
Old 06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thanks. (: Yeah, you do have a point, but I need to think of a mother figure that isn't another Eevee or one of the evolutions for them. Any ideas?
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

How about a cat Pokemon of some sort...

A Delcatty or Persian?

You could pick most things... Maybe even a Kangaskhan! (Motherly Figure)

But don't give up on the idea! Or I'll be sad...

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

List of possible mother Pokemon;

Ninetales
Arcanine
Persian
Chansey
Kangaskhan

I probobly want it to be one of the first gen. (:
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowzard View Post
Here's an idea.

One day, there were two siblings, a Riolu and a Lucario. The two were loyal and unseperatable brothers untill the day Lucario was caught. Riolu was hiding in a bush when the event took place and saw everything. The man who caught him was cruel to his team. He yelled at Lucario during the battle, trying to distract him and treated his pokemon like scum everytime they got hit. Right when he caught him he flew away on his Dragonite with a smirk in his face. His little brother Riolu traveled far and wide looking for his his sibling's kidnapper only to be caught himself by a young girl named Hope who was a new trainer getting ready for her journey. Can Riolu reunite with Lucario while traveling with his new trainer.

Please rate and give ideas!
It sounds workable, but try to flesh out Lucario's master's character. Remember that no one is totally evil. Okay, serial killers might be... no... Remember this: serial killers have mothers. Just make sure he's not a flat-out evil "kill you" or just "hate you" character, as jerks like that probably would get targeted by the government for pokemon abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenGirl2000 View Post
@Shadowzard: Not bad.
How about this:
"Don't trust the living. For you shall lose all Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower. The Temple Of Orgin shall hold all answers. Purify your heart to See the pokemon of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower. Do not let them corrupt another war, or many lives will suffer, and beg them to stop. To not awaken the Ultimite pokemon." An aceint book said. It had Unown engraved on it, and was made of rock. Only the chosen ones could read them. One was called Zelina, and had an engraved scar of Mespirit on her left arm. The second was called Arien, and had a scar of Uxie engraved on his left arm. The last was called Alita, and she had an scar of Azelf engraved on her left arm. They were indeed the chosen ones. Now they must save the world From Team Galactic once again. And this time, they wanted the Pokemon of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower-Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf.

@WorkThoseStrips: Ninetails seemed really close to Eevee trait-wise, but Kangaskan would be really interesting...

Anyways, here's my idea, and actually a skeleton of a prolgoue...

DARK OCTOBER|||

PROLGOUE
OCTOBER 22, 1962
Jacob Salazar lowered his hand to his gun, checking that his Magnum was still there.

Good, he thought. Now if only I can get in…

Jacob looked back at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, the evening sun playing across Cactus Curtain.

It was beautiful… and yet so hostile…

Jacob sighed and walked stealthily out towards his target – the headquarters of the nearest Russian rocket terminal.

In our timeline, he was shot shortly before he arrived…

But in this timeline…

He wasn’t.

And what he discovered would ruin the world.

------

So basically the US responds by invading Cuba to stop what Jacob discoverd they were planning - an actual nuking of Houston, Texas. In return, Russia sends ICBMs towards the US, and the US retaliates with the missiles towards Moscow.

What this ends up is is the Twelve Day's War, where most of the populations of Russia, Cuba, USA, Canada, Britain, and France are eliminated, as well as there allies. (Thus it is alternate history.)

The story picks up fifty years later as radiation posioning is transforming the animals into powerful, stronger animals able to emit elemental powers... The same thing happened to Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, though the affect was less as the radiation was less due to the fact that that bomb was relatively weak in comparison to the missiles and bombs of the 1960s.

And so the story would deal with a few survivors in a underground base north in the Canadian tundra coming out to find all-out civil war - between humans and pokemon, humans and humans, and pokemon and pokemon...

Last edited by Sceptile Frost; 06-26-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

So yeah... havent written in a long time. I used to frequent this site on a regular basis. I wrote a trainer fic called "An Adventure of a Lifetime" and it ended up taking after it's name because I never got around to finishing it. the link to the story is in my sig. It's about a guy named Kevin Sun, who is the son of Lance the dragon trainer, and his adventures in the johto league, where he tries to escape his father's shadow and earn a name for himself... i think i got up to just after him getting his 7th badge...

So yeh I don't know whether to continue that story or write another. The idea that came to the me the other day is to right about a trainer who is invited to compete in an international league tournament. You are only eligible to compete if you have at least been a league champion in either kanto, johto, hoenn, or sinnoh. It would start just before his first round in the championship and continue on following his progress. the story would be marked with flashbacks, pertaining to how he got some of the pokemon he uses and other relevent past experiences. So depth to his character would slowly be revealed...

Well that is my idea. Would anyone be interested in reading something like that?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

That's a cool premise. It also allows the possibility of making up regions and possibly Pokemon (if you think you're up to it). The only problem with making up Pokemon is that it's easy to God-mode, I thinks.

Frost - Do it, dawg. It's sounds like it'd turn into something along the lines of a Tom Clancy thing. Which would be very cool to pull off.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenGirl2000
Hmmm. Chosen One? We seem to have a lot of "chosen one" fics. And if you don't want it to be another cliched story, you'd better make it extremely exciting and twisting.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:21 AM
sk8rdratini Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to sk8rdratini Send a message via MSN to sk8rdratini

nfics, I am soo tired of looking for a story and only finding aaml; dose any1 wanna write a story w/ the elite 4 or maybe Lance and clair: I want to shair ideas with people so can any1 reply or message Me?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rdratini View Post
nfics, I am soo tired of looking for a story and only finding aaml; dose any1 wanna write a story w/ the elite 4 or maybe Lance and clair: I want to shair ideas with people so can any1 reply or message Me?
I don't know, type up something so that I know basically what the story is about, not just the characters.

Well anyway, I need help with this plot. So far I've come up with...

Proz, an evil, ambitious Unown-human, after failing in an attempt to take over the Regions twice, has come up with a new idea. Knowing about Ash Ketchum, from Pallet Town in Kanto, and his success in almost every aspect of Pokemon, Proz decides he should learn the secret of this 16-year old kid through May, Ash's unsteady coordinator girlfriend. Starting a relationship with May, he begins to extract unusual secrets that could be used against Ash if ever revealed.

How can I add more action to this plot?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Skottie View Post
So yeah... havent written in a long time. I used to frequent this site on a regular basis. I wrote a trainer fic called "An Adventure of a Lifetime" and it ended up taking after it's name because I never got around to finishing it. the link to the story is in my sig. It's about a guy named Kevin Sun, who is the son of Lance the dragon trainer, and his adventures in the johto league, where he tries to escape his father's shadow and earn a name for himself... i think i got up to just after him getting his 7th badge...

So yeh I don't know whether to continue that story or write another. The idea that came to the me the other day is to right about a trainer who is invited to compete in an international league tournament. You are only eligible to compete if you have at least been a league champion in either kanto, johto, hoenn, or sinnoh. It would start just before his first round in the championship and continue on following his progress. the story would be marked with flashbacks, pertaining to how he got some of the pokemon he uses and other relevent past experiences. So depth to his character would slowly be revealed...

Well that is my idea. Would anyone be interested in reading something like that?
Yeah, I remember that story. Heck, you started it even before I came to PE2K. :P

Whether to start something new or continue with writing An Adventure of a Lifetime is up to you. But, if I was in your position, I’d maybe try something new and different. Heck, I would love to read something new you created, even though An Adventure of a Lifetime is pretty good and you did do a great job with it.

The new idea sounds pretty good with the international league. Reminds me of what the Pokémon counterpart to the Olympics would probably be. Flashbacks are good every now and then, but I wouldn’t do it too many times from present to past. I recently saw The Good Shepherd on DVD and the way the storyline flip-flopped back and forward really confused me as to the chronological order of events. I found it made it harder to enjoy, and after a while, I kind of gave up and wasn’t interested in trying to understand the movie anymore.

As for the situation itself, it’s a good start, but maybe throwing something else into the mix of things would be a good idea. Maybe this is taking place far out in the future, some political/natural disaster threatens the possibility of the international league championship from taking place, or maybe the main character has a very personal issue that could affect his battling ability, such as a dying family member or having witnessed a very traumatizing event that literally gives him severe insomnia and fear. That’s up to you, but I think it would put a very interesting perspective on the story and make things uniquely different.

Good luck with it.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

I was think'in of doing a Story beginning in the Johto region. But Sinced this is many many many many years after the anime show with Ash.That all the Gym Leader's are replaced, with there Son or Daughter or howveer next in the throne..^^

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.