Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Espeon206 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Espeon206 Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon206
Default Re: Sorrow's Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiam View Post
i love this it is so great!
Thanks :D The next chapter is when battles start... It has action and is already quite longer.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Espeon206 Offline

Okay, the second chapter is coming tomorrow (probably). I have a lot to do lately, but I should have the chapter done tomorrow, or at least Thursday. Sorry!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:32 AM
kamiam Offline
Elite Trainer

hey it is ok. your #1 fan is here to stay!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Espeon206 Offline

Ah, thanks I plan on finishing it after school..
Old 06-20-2007, 02:39 AM
kamiam Offline
Elite Trainer

cant wait! this is great!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Espeon206 Offline

Sorry for the delay! Because school just let out, I've been hanging out with my friends more than usual... But here's chapter two!

Chapter 2

The site of huge flags bellowing in the breeze met the teenagers’ eyes as they ran up the dirt path, the land sloping into a steep hill. The two friends were breathing heavily as they trudged up the incline. However, their hearts raced as they spied the flags; the festive decorations signaled to Exel and Seth that they were close to their destination; Canten Colosseum. The Colosseum was their only will to go on without breaking for a rest.

“Oh my…” Exelia gasped as she reached the top of the incline. Her eyes stared at the amazing structure before them. The exterior was a pure white marble material, reflecting the sunlight beautifully. The wind continued to make the many flags that sat upon the top bellow beautifully. Amazing architecture was carved into the marble perfectly, giving the Colosseum a jaw-dropping appearance. The front of the Colosseum sported expensive glass doors, waiting for trainers to flood in and make battling history.

“Come look at this!” Exel gasped to her friend as he trudged the final stretch up the hill. She gawked at the beauty and design of the new Colosseum as her dark green eyes took in every detail. She had just noticed how busy the scene was. People were going every which way, yelling to people and starting to shove their way into the Colosseum doors. There were staff members of the Colosseum calling out about the grand opening festivities as well as handing out fliers to every person they saw. Vendors selling all sorts of Pokemon merchandise were in a disheveled line on the sides of the building.

“Exel, you’re too fast for me…” Seth mumbled to his friend, his breath coming in short heaves. He grabbed his hat from her hand as he looked out toward the marble structure. “Wow…” he murmured to himself as his gaze met the grounds. He took in each sight slowly and carefully, like he never wanted to forget it.

“Exel, look,” Seth said, pointing toward a group of people as he shattered the silence. “Most of those people let their Pokemon out of their Pokeballs… Do you think I should let Scyther have some fresh air? I want him to like me and keeping him crammed in the Pokeball all of the time isn’t going to help any sort of bond…” Seth questioned, his gaze now turned to Exel.

Exel nodded her head as she adverted her gaze from the crowd. “Yeah, let him stretch his legs a bit. He probably won’t be able to come out of his Pokeball during the battles… “ Exelia paused and brushed her hair back with her hand. Raising her brow, she added expectantly, “Unless you’re planning on battling him…”

“Wait… no way… I know what you’re trying to do Exel. I’m not entering a battle against one of the toughest trainers in Sinnoh with a Pokemon that doesn’t even respect me or listen to anything I say!” Seth explained crossly, eyeing Exelia suspiciously. “You know that I’d loose… Just because of that darn Scyther,” he finished.

“Why would I ever think that you should do that?” Exelia joked with false innocence. “But… now that you mention it… Maybe you should challenge Laci to a battle. It would do wonders for Scyther to actually get that kind of attention,” Exelia mentioned slyly.

“No, no, and no again Exelia. There is no way that I will enter a battle and make a fool out of myself. Plus, I have tried to give Scyther that attention during training. But you know what? He turns his back to me and takes a nap, or does an attack completely opposite than what I am ordering him to do. There is NO way I will do this thing,” Seth said firmly, crossing his arms stubbornly.

Exelia turned her gaze back to the Canten Colosseum once more, but continued the conversation with Seth. “But you’ll never learn to trust each other if you don’t battle. It would be great for the both of you. Don’t you want tom respect your grandfather’s wishes? This could be a break through!” Exelia responded with her eyes full of hope.

Seth sighed and took his hat off, wiping the sweat from his brow. Sighing, he turned to Exel and muttered, “Well… I guess you’re right… We need to try something… And this trainer… I think you said her name was Laci, may be able to give me some advice…” Seth paused and looked up toward the daytime sky. “I’m doing this for Grandpa; he trusted me with Scyther.”

Exel smiled and nodded. “That’s the way to think about it Seth. Just give Scyther another chance or two… You guys will connect sooner or later; trust me. Now, why don’t you let it out of its Pokeball?” she finished.

Fingering the Pokeball on his belt, he grasped it gently. “What you say makes sense… Wow, I even have a Pokemon and I didn’t even think of that… Oh well, here goes nothing. Come on out Scyther!” with his last words, he threw his red and white Pokeball into the air. The sunlight glinted against the shiny surface as is flew through the air. The ball opened like a mouth, allowing a red light to emerge from the opening. The red light fell to the ground as it began to take the shape of a large mantis with very sharp arms, claws, and horns. The red silhouette began to die down, a green color overriding the fading red.

“Scyther!” it cried out into the air. Stretching its wings, the mantis-like Pokemon flexed its arms to their fullest length. Sharp blades glinted in the sunlight, alerting what sort of danger they could cause. As it shifted its weight, its muscles rippled underneath its green skin. “Scy…” the Pokemon muttered as it turned to Seth.

“Eh… Hello Scyther,” Seth muttered awkwardly. His gaze followed the large mantis with a mixture of awe and apprehensive feelings.

“Scyther…” the Pokemon muttered; turning back from Seth. It looked down at the fair grounds, surprised at the amount of loose Pokemon.

Seth rolled his eyes and sighed as he turned to Exel and said sarcastically, “Well, this idea is already working out quite well.” He dragged his foot in the dirt below, frustrated.

“You haven’t even given it a shot!” Exel shot back stubbornly. “You’re acting as though you’re afraid of him.”

“I’m NOT afraid of him. Scyther just doesn’t like me and you know it. Stop trying to help, you’re just making things worse!” he snapped, raising his voice. “You don’t even have your own damn Pokemon; how do you know these things?”

Exelia gasped at her friend, her eyes dancing with anger. “Don’t take my advice, I don’t care. I’ll be going off on my own now; have fun with you Scyther, which is apparently so intimidating to you!” she spat, storming off in the opposite direction.

“Exel, wait!” Seth called to his angry friend. “I.. I…” he stuttered. Sighing, he kicked dirt back into the air. “Well, thanks Scyther. We blew it now…” he muttered to his Pokemon.

“Scyther…” the green mantic muttered. He looked back down the hill quietly. Suddenly, without orders, he started to go down the hill toward the Colosseum.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:26 AM
kamiam Offline
Elite Trainer

AMZAING! love it.......but more more more I WANT MORE...take your time though
Old 06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Espeon206 Offline

I'm not going to be home much this weekend so there's going to be another stretch until the third chapter... But thanks for the comment!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Hatchet Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Hatchet

It was better than first chapter can't wait until the third one.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Espeon206 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta5214 View Post
It was better than first chapter can't wait until the third one.
Thanks :) The first chapter was a bit rushed anyway... It's a VERY long story xP
Old 06-23-2007, 03:48 AM
kamiam Offline
Elite Trainer

moremore mroe more more mo mroemroemromeorm.....sorry too exiced for the 3rd chapter! but keep being a great writer!