Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser
Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenGirl2000 View Post
@Espeon206: Nice idea. I think it will turn out fantastic.
@Workthosestripes: Not bad, as long as she gets help from a Vaporeon...>:D
@Darth Murkrow: Nice.
This is my first idea:
It is set in Sinnoh, as a girl named Aruora Hansen runs away from her grumpy, unloving parents with her Vulpix. Pretty soon, Vulpix and Aruora run away to a cave, with lots of water. When she is deep in the cave, she and Vulpix fall in the water. Being unable to swim, they fall to the bottom, only to be swam back up by a frendly Lapras. Aruora and Vulpix befriend the pokemon, and Lapras comes with them on Aruora's journey.
Journey on what? Are they on a Pokemon Master journey?

If you give more information on this, it might just turn out to be a good story. Though I don't recommend the Pokemon Master journey - too cliche. Maybe on the journey there should be more twists and turns, like the parents sending police on the trail to find them and Vulpix flamethrowering them.. Anything of that sort.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Hey guys!

I've got a new idea for a Fan Fic... Please comment!

Mew is making the world disappear... Being the mirage Pokemon...

An Absol has to try and stop it... Being the disaster Pokemon...

The plot is quite deep... The Absol has a stronger disaster "detection" because his father abuse him and his mother.

He learnt to detect disaster quickly and earlier than it was coming in an effort to protect him and her.

Absol has a scar on his face where he defended her!

His father is dead now, but he still has nightmares.

Him and his mother aren't very close and don't talk much...

He meets and falls in love with a Ninetails on his journey to stop Mew...

They start out as friends, though... <3 LMAO!

I thought the reason for Mew being so bad is because it was corrupted by a Darkrai...

During the Fan Fic, the pair could meet up with a Psychic Pokemon... Maybe an Espeon... Or a Xatu?

It could tell them about what had happened to Mew!

What do you guys think?

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Well, I do like the idea, but it's weak in several places, and maybe I can help you strengthen it.

I'd suggest having the Absol being forced into stopping the disaster, rather than doing it by his own will; else you will be cracked down upon for a save-the-world-fic. But plenty of good fics are save-the-world fics, so doing that would help. Secondly, give there a reason for the Ninetales to meet with the Absol. And lastly...why would Darkrai want to corrupt Mew's mind in the first place. Fix those up, and you'll do great.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 06-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Thanks for the advice!

Um... Maybe Absol could be forced to by Mew... It could have Absol's mum captive, or something like that... Mew would challenge him to stop him!

Maybe Absol could meet up with the Ninetails on his way, be challenged by a strong Pokemon, work well together (after some arguments and humour), and finally go together.

I thought that Mew could have been killed in a legendary battle between him and Darkrai... Their spirits live on, and Mew's spirit rests in peace. Darkrai's spirit is angry because he cannot rest like the other spirits; for he was so evil.

Darkrai would corrupt Mew's spirit and wake up its body... To destroy the world and watch innocent Pokemon suffer... (Mainly the main character, Absol!)

If you've got any better solutions to the problems listed, then please let me know!

I so badly want to write this Fic, but I want it to be awesome!

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

ASB|URPG

Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Ok, several things that could make your character Mary/Gary-Sue-ish.

One, he should be forced into it somehow, like Deathsceptor said. And Darkrai... I'm not sure if I like the entire "legendaries-getting-murdered-by-one-another" thing. Maybe Darkrai was corrupted by someone or something that awakened him, and then he took over the ordinarily peaceful Mew.

Also, I was pretty sure that Ho-Oh was the mirage Pokemon, not Mew. Maybe it's just me.

Why does Darkrai want the main character to suffer? Maybe Darkrai has something to do with his father... Darkrai's main target shouldn't be solely the hero. And this Ninetales... maybe she could be a vessel of evil that Darkrai uses, but then changes her mind.

I'm really bad at giving advice... I'm trying to give you some ideas, though, to help flesh out the plot. Of course, it is your story; it's up to you to breathe life into the characters and tell their stories in a way that's believable.

~Darth

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 06-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

First off, thanks for the advice!

Does anyone like my idea for Mew having Absol's mother? That could be the reason for Absol being forced...
Or maybe he could be the only Absol with a disaster feeling strong enough? He could unwillingly go!

I'm kinda stuck for what could be the cause of Darkrai's corruption...
I'll brainstorm it today, and then get back to you! If you guys think of anything, then let me know.

I'm now thinking Ho-oh is too... But Mew has more psychic powers and would be more able to destroy the world.

I could change it so that it isn't just mainly Absol... But I could make up a feud of some sort... Or have Darkrai think that Absol are "freaks and pests". (Being able to detect disaster, and all...)

I like the idea about the Ninetails... I think I'd use that!

Your advice is really good! Don't worry if you think it's not!

Thanks, everyone!

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 06-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I like the Darkrai-Mew part. Make it really dark and violent and it'll be supercool. Try not to make it a vicious cycle though.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Quote:
I like the Darkrai-Mew part. Make it really dark and violent and it'll be supercool. Try not to make it a vicious cycle though.
Why, thank you!

How do you mean a vicious cycle?

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Brago Offline
Amateur Trainer

I had an idea for a fan-fic, its where the end is nearing and the omega pokemon known as Flagus [] is coming to destroy all. Now its up to 3 trainers to catch legendary pokemon and stop the omega pokemon from destroying all.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post
Why, thank you!

How do you mean a vicious cycle?

Djax94
A vicious cycle is a cycle (meaning it never ends) of usually revenge (though anything bad can be considered vicious as well, such as a spiral of bad luck). Like if X kills Y, then Z avenges Y by killing X, but then A avenges X by killing Z. And continuing as such. There is no break in this chain, and thus is called simply a cycle.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Thanks for the explanation... I wasn't sure how it was a vicious cycle!

I'm gonna draft it out today and type it up on Word...

I'll put the prologue in a new thread... Tell me what you think of it!

Wish me luck!

Djax94

EDIT: Brainwave for Darkrai's corruption! Darkrai's tomb was dug up and explored... A curse was written on the wall and was read out by the explorers.

The tomb collapsed and killed all inside. Reciting the curse awoke Darkrai... But because he couldn't destroy the world on his own, he corrupted Mew to do it for him!

What do you think?

EDIT2: Darkrai could have been locked away centuries ago (maybe even more than that!) because he was so dangerous and evil.

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 06-23-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brago View Post
I had an idea for a fan-fic, its where the end is nearing and the omega pokemon known as Flagus [] is coming to destroy all. Now its up to 3 trainers to catch legendary pokemon and stop the omega pokemon from destroying all.
Mmmm. Sounds like Pokemon the Movie 2000. Better make it a bit more original.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:54 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I scrapped my old idea, about the water Pokemon girl. Just mainly because it wasn't much os a story and there were parts where I couldn't think what to write. So now I have a new one.
An Eevee fan fic. :D
The story isn't crazily original, but I like it myself.
Seven Eevee's (of course) are raised by a Pidgeot (explained in the fic) and one day there's a big disaster and they get split up. It just looks at how different the lives they lead become and how they decide to try and find each other, obviously with lots of obstacles and side-stories.

You like?

Also, I'm creating my own pictures for it, hand-drawn. :D Yay.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

I like the idea...

People say that we have too many Eevee Fan Fictions... But, quite frankly, I don't see that many of them!

Nice idea, though. Write it well, or I'll be sad...

Make it awesome! Or I'll be the first one to shove mud down your throat!

Joking!

But, please make it good... I'll be so happy!

Djax94

ASB|URPG

Old 06-25-2007, 05:14 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'm posting a preview up here later on today, so look out for it! Hopefully I will get a few more comments on it, so I cen decide whether to definately do it. (: Hopefully I can, because I'm quite into the idea.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380