Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Tiarnan_ADF Offline

Default Three Regions; One Trainer: My Pokémon Journey

Three Regions; One Trainer: My Pokémon Journey

"I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone"

I gazed at the calendar on the wall beside me. Just one more day, and I would finally be able to realize my dream. Finally, after years of idolizing other legendary trainers, I was going to begin my own journey, and become a Pokémon Trainer. I had wanted to begin this journey ever since I heard stories about the likes of Ash, Steven, Lance, Wallace and Norman. I wanted to be just like them. I craved the respect that people all over Hoenn had for these Masters. And tomorrow, I was going to collect my first Pokémon from Professor Birch, and go on to accomplish what those before had accomplished, and even more.

"Tiarnán, go to sleep, I can still hear you pacing around up there!"

Mum's voice broke my thoughts. She was right. If I wanted to get to the Professor's early, I was going to need a good sleep. I got into bed, pulled the covers over me, and my eyes began to droop. This was my last night before becoming a Trainer. The thoughts of tomorrow filled my head, and my eyes began to droop, for the one final time before the beginning of my path to being a Pokémon...Master.

I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone
Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Tiarnan_ADF Offline

Default Re: Three Regions; One Trainer: My Pokémon Journey

Chapter 1: The seed that starts the journey.

"Pidgey, Pidgey!"

The sound of the bird Pokémon tore me away from my dream. I lay on, ignoring the annoying cheap of the alarm clock I should have grown out of years ago.

Suddenly, I sat up straight, remembering what day it was. I jumped out of bed, pulled on my clothes as quickly as possible, got washed, and bolted downstairs, where Mum was patiently waiting with my new 'PokéGear'.

"Tiarnán, Professor Birch is expecting you at the lab. In here you'll find everything you need. Your phone, some food, clothes, and some money."

I took the gear from her, and bade her farewell. She watched as I ran out the door and down the lane to the enormous building that was the Lab. Tears streamed down her face.

The Lab was somewhat of a change from the small houses and shops one would expect in the tiny town of Littleroot. It stood tall above the trees surrounding it, and, when including the property surrounding it, took up almost a third of the town's land. I arrived at the gate, where I was greeted by the somewhat odd Professor, whos name was famous around these parts. His pretty daughter May stood beside him, as did a small selection of boys and girls whom I had grown up with. My friend Adam was among them, and he greeted me with a friendly wave. I greeted the Professor, and walked over to May and Adam, the two people with whom I had shared my younger years. Professor Birch cleared his throat, and the the group turned to him.

"Boys, girls, today you will all finally begin your Pokémon Training. Each of you will receive one young Pokémon from my collection, and will proceed to walk up the route leading to Oldale Town. So, without further ado, I would like you all to follow me."

We walked around the Lab, and went along a path leading through the first set of fields. I stopped to gaze at a family of beautiful horses covered in burning manes of fire, but before I got look at them more closely, the group had walked on a head, and I jogged to keep up. We finally reached a small cemented area, in which there was an old machine, holding a collection of PokéBalls. The Professor once again signalled for us to look in his direction.

In these balls are the Pokémon that you will receive. You will not choose your Pokémon, but will be handed them randomly, in an attempt to avoid argument. Now, if the first three would like to come over?

Three nervous looking trainers walked towards Birch. He selected three PokéBalls, and handed them over.

It was our turn. May, Adam and I took our places next to the machine. Naturally, Birch asked his daughter to come forward first. He gave her the small red and white ball, and finally it was my turn. I took the PokéBall from the Professor's hand, and walked over to May, wondering what Pokémon could be inside. When Adam had received his, the three of us made our way to an empty field. May led the way, and we opened the small gate hurriedly. Looking at me in excitement, May began to speak.

Well, should be see what we've got?

She pushed the button on her ball, and a it opened up, releasing a jet of red light. A small fox like creature appeared. It's elegant brown fur led to a bushy tail, which ended with a white tip. It began to circle May's legs. May pulled a small red machine out of her pocket.

It's a PokéDex. It'll give us info on any Pokémon.

She pointed it at her new friend, and a computer-like voice began to tell us information about the creature.

Eevee. A rare and unique Pokémon about which little is known, as few have been captured. It adapts to harsh environments by taking on different evolutionary forms, and can mutate if it is exposed to radiation from element Stones.

May was quick to talk about her Pokémons 'rarity' and 'cuteness'. Now it was my turn...

Bulbasaur. A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokémon. The bulb stores energy, and while it is young, it uses the nutrients that are stored in the seeds on its back in order to grow.

"Bulbasaur?! Wow! Look at it! Best Pokémon I've seen.

May looked indifferent.

It's alright, but Eevee's a lot cuter!

Before I could argue, Adam had interrupted us.

"Soooo, am I going to get a chance to look at mine?"

He pushed the button, and a small, blue mouse appeared. It sprayed a small fountain of water over its head, and gazed up happily. May was quick to tell us about it.

Oooooh, I know what that is! It's a Marill. Its REALLY cute!

Marill. The Aqua Mouse. This water Pokémon uses its tail to keep it up when swimming, and its fur helps it to stay dry, even when in water.

We now knew what Pokémon we had recieved, and none of us could be happier. Despite what May said, I thought Bulbasaur was the best of the three, and I was determined to prove it. We walked into the town, and made our way north, beginning our journey. May, Eeevee, Adam, Marill, they were my friends, and I would travel around Hoenn with them. But Bulbasaur was more than that. He was my first Pokémon, and I knew that he and I would be be partners, all the way our road to become champions.

The road was empty no more.

I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
Old 06-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Rawr Offline
Master Trainer

<<claps>> that was magnifico! I liked the color to show who was speaking. And the visual art of the pokemon and the dex entries. I think it might need just a bit more description. :) I'll be bk to read the next chapter!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
politoed123 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to politoed123 Send a message via MSN to politoed123 Send a message via Yahoo to politoed123

WOW that was really good!!!! But how did you make the picture of the pokemo0n in the story?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Tiarnan_ADF Offline

Chapter 2: Amy; Friend...or Foe?

Our heroes just retrieved their new Pokémon, and are finally taking the first step of their journey. They have finally left Littleroot town, and are steadily getting closer to their next destination. Packed with all the equipment an aspiring trainer needs, the three friends make their way up Route 101, on the lookout for the wild Pokémon that roamed these parts...

We were just getting ready to start walking again, when I heard a soft rustling coming from the bush behind me. I signalled for the others to be quiet, and listened closely. There it was again. I turned around to see May taking a few steps back. She may have tried to come off as knowledgeable and experienced when it came to Pokémon, but I knew that deep down she was as nervous as any other girl her age. The sound grew louder, and I signalled Bulbasaur, getting him ready to battle with the Pokémon. Suddenly, the hidden Pokémon jumped out, and May leaped back in fright, letting out a tiny scream.

"Haha! You're not afraid of that thing, are you???", Adam laughed.

I looked in front of me, and saw a small, brown and white racoon-like creature standing in front of me. It had a black patch over both of its eyes, and a zig-zag pattern on its furry
torso.

May glared at Adam, and pulled out her PokéDex.

Zigzagoon. This Pokémon wanders restlessly at all times. This Pokémon may play dead to fool foes in battle, and is distinguished by the zigzag footprints it leaves.

I was quick to pull a Pokéball from my waste.

"Zigzagoon? Sounds interesting. Bulbasaur, think you can battle it?"

Bulbasaur raised his eyes at me, and took his place in front of the Zigzagoon.

Quote:
Versus

Zigzagoon surprised Bulbasaur with a tackle to start the battle off. Bulbasaur fell back, but got to his feet. I ordered him to go for a tackle attack of his own, which he hit, forcing Zigzagoon back. Bulbasaur proceeded to go in for a harder tackle. Zigzagoon tried to avoid it, but wasn't quick enough, and got knocked straight into a tree trunk.
"Bulbasaur, that's enough!"

I got ready to throw my Pokéball, when...

"Hey, leave him alone!!!"

OOC: Second half to be posted later...

I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes