Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Feedback board

On most forums with selling and buying things, a feedback forum is usually present.

I think this would be a great use to us in the trading forum to have a feedback forum as a child board. Ecspecially after reading this rule: "Know who you are trading with. PE2K isn't responsible for bad trades."

So here's how it works. Let's say i've made a few trades. So i start a feedback thread:

Topic: Berserk Gene's feedback

"If you've done a trade with me, please leave feedback"

reply: "good trader, easy to deal with, 10/10"

reply: "didn't provide me with an accurate description about the pokemon. i don't recomend"

etc.

This way, when you make a deal with someone, just a quick run of the search and you can find their feedback thread, and see if they are trustworthy enough to trade with.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:32 AM
Who Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Who Send a message via MSN to Who
Default Re: Feedback board

This is just like my blacklist idea a while back, for people who trade hacked pokemon for those who don't want them. The problem with this is, what if someone gets bad rep, but they really start doing a better job? Or plan to? No one will give them the chance to trade with them. So you have the right idea, just need to solve that problem.

FC: 3565-8032-2553 Name: Rek

www.ratedt.net/DR

My vB forums for videogames/anime.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
The problem with this is, what if someone gets bad rep, but they really start doing a better job? Or plan to? No one will give them the chance to trade with them. So you have the right idea, just need to solve that problem.
It's better than people potientially getting ripped off, by all accounts.

It's usually specified whether that person is an outright scammer or if they just aren't particularly easy to deal with, though still trust worthy.

If someone scammed someone once, theres always a possibility that they'll do it again. And we don't want that. If they decide to go strait - tough, they made the mistake of scamming someone, and now they'll have to deal with it.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Who Offline
Master Trainer

I'm not dissagreeing with you, just viewing all perspectives. While I am outright against cheating, I believe in the fun of this forum being that everyone has equal chances at everything, and while we may not approve of other peoples choices to use cheating devices, we still have to accept them for it, because we can't force our opinions upon others. Plus in all honesty, stuff like this usually causes more flames and troubles then its worth.

www.ratedt.net/DR

Old 06-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I'm not dissagreeing with you, just viewing all perspectives. While I am outright against cheating, I believe in the fun of this forum being that everyone has equal chances at everything, and while we may not approve of other peoples choices to use cheating devices, we still have to accept them for it, because we can't force our opinions upon others. Plus in all honesty, stuff like this usually causes more flames and troubles then its worth.
well, i wasn't really tackling the issue of hacked pokemon specifically. just generally bad trades, incorrect details, etc.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Who Offline
Master Trainer

Most of the people being reported would however be hackers, and while it is their fault for doing so, wouldn't you want a second chance if you truly made one mistake? Anyway, if you can think of a way around this, I'm all for it.

www.ratedt.net/DR

Old 06-12-2007, 03:47 AM
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer

Their best chance is to just hope someone gives them a second chance. If they go through a trade in which the other party doesn't care if it's hacked, and the deal goes smoothly, voila, good feedback.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:59 AM
L0L Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Gene View Post
Their best chance is to just hope someone gives them a second chance. If they go through a trade in which the other party doesn't care if it's hacked, and the deal goes smoothly, voila, good feedback.
Or you could edit your post and say they've changed, or post they they have..Sorry if it's been said already.

Bored.........LOL I made the banner 0=
Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Iron Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Gene View Post
On most forums with selling and buying things, a feedback forum is usually present.

I think this would be a great use to us in the trading forum to have a feedback forum as a child board. Ecspecially after reading this rule: "Know who you are trading with. PE2K isn't responsible for bad trades."

So here's how it works. Let's say i've made a few trades. So i start a feedback thread:

Topic: Berserk Gene's feedback

"If you've done a trade with me, please leave feedback"

reply: "good trader, easy to deal with, 10/10"

reply: "didn't provide me with an accurate description about the pokemon. i don't recomend"

etc.

This way, when you make a deal with someone, just a quick run of the search and you can find their feedback thread, and see if they are trustworthy enough to trade with.
Dude, do you expect people to search through all of the posts to leave one lousy comment? I'm sorry if I sound rude but, This just isn't gonna work or get stickied the way you plan dude.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

I just suggested a Trusty Traders thread to be added to the Trading forum, so that trading is safer and easier.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Iron Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
I just suggested a Trusty Traders thread to be added to the Trading forum, so that trading is safer and easier.
Haha. Catchy phrase.

That'd be nice aswell, but guys, You can't expect one person to edit to all of that.

I'd suggest an Untrusty traders board. It would be a lot less hassle, and people wouldn't have to skim through to see if the person They're trading is on the "trusty" list. :3