Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 06-12-2007, 03:24 AM
BlakePOL Offline

Default Pokemon Bronze

Closed

Last edited by BlakePOL; 07-06-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 PM
TVTMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Pokemon Bronze

Hmm... thing is, you're not allowed to start a game project if you can't program or you don't have anybody who can program. But I'm currently campaigning to try and let these things stay open, so I'll help you out.

By the way-- you're not really a good spriter, but you're much better than most of the new spriters. Mainly, you have trouble with choppy or badly-colored outlines, and reshading flipped and pasted parts. Otherwise, you have proportion, a biggie for me, down pat, and nothing but the outlines and the general disconstitution (not coming together as one sprite very well) of the sprites throw them off. You have definite potential, and decent skills.

So anyway, I can help you out with storyboarding, but although I'm great at spriting (whoops, sounded arrogant), I can't really do lots of made-to-order sprites like these things demand, so I'm out for that, even if you might be able to get a reqyuest off me once in a while.

Oh, and one more thing-- This is "nice TVT". That means I'm trying to be helpful and give constructive crit. Some people have decided that "nice TVT" is a mean, flaming monster who hates them. But I'm really just trying to make this better, okay? Please don't go down, say... this path. His sig might say otherwise, but the closing was totally fair.

So, I hope I can be a storyboarder for this!

EDIT: Oh, and spriting examples.

Back again for like the fifth sixth seventh time or something. Moving and taking classes at community college and beating all the Zelda games and arrrglblargl.

Last edited by TVTMaster; 06-12-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTMaster View Post
Hmm... thing is, you're not allowed to start a game project if you can't program or you don't have anybody who can program. But I'm currently campaigning to try and let these things stay open, so I'll help you out.

By the way-- you're not really a good spriter, but you're much better than most of the new spriters. Mainly, you have trouble with choppy or badly-colored outlines, and reshading flipped and pasted parts. Otherwise, you have proportion, a biggie for me, down pat, and nothing but the outlines and the general disconstitution (not coming together as one sprite very well) of the sprites throw them off. You have definite potential, and decent skills.

So anyway, I can help you out with storyboarding, but although I'm great at spriting (whoops, sounded arrogant), I can't really do lots of made-to-order sprites like these things demand, so I'm out for that, even if you might be able to get a reqyuest off me once in a while.

Oh, and one more thing-- This is "nice TVT". That means I'm trying to be helpful and give constructive crit. Some people have decided that "nice TVT" is a mean, flaming monster who hates them. But I'm really just trying to make this better, okay? Please don't go down, say... this path. His sig might say otherwise, but the closing was totally fair.
So, I hope I can be a storyboarder for this!

EDIT: Oh, and spriting examples.
Well, don't you love to kick a man when he's down?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:50 PM
TVTMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

You and that other person were the only people in this board who did that, and I wanted to give an example of denouncing constructive criticism as flaming. I don't see you offering to help.

EDIT: And Blake, do you have anything planned yet, or is the story and setting up in the air?

Back again for like the fifth sixth seventh time or something. Moving and taking classes at community college and beating all the Zelda games and arrrglblargl.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Honchcrow The Big Boss Offline
Amateur Trainer

I can design maps, but not program them into the game.