Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Blizzard Offline
New Trainer

Default Diaries of a Legend

*Well, it's my first try. Critique, please.*

Prologue: Magma Plasma Shock

Day One

Dear Journal,
Let me introduce myself. I am Lance Alaite, but currently I'm better known as Plasma. That's because I'm... about 80% Jolteon, due in part to a home experiment gone wrong. I was testing out my Transport Device to be used for quick travel from town to town. I had it to a point where I believed it would make any transfer faster than a blazing Latios. I had set the control panel to transport me between the two pods I had set up in the basement laboratory, tucked into my cozy abode in Littleroot.
However, Team Magma had decided to raid my basement at that exact moment, mistakenly believing, on an anonymous tip received by their boss, that I had a crucial formula, one that could possibly destroy the world when in the wrong hands. Of course, that being true, little doubt hangs on whether they took on the little "project."
Well, that being the case, I heard my door bust open when a Magma grunt shot through it with a machine gun. As I stood there in utter lack of comprehension, another grunt grabbed me and slammed me into one of the transporter's pod. Unfortunately, my Jolteon (which was named Plasma) was sitting in the other pod with the door closed, entirely unaware of what was going on. I'm not sure, but, judging from my view of the pod's window, a third Magma grunt was pressing the buttons on the control panel, and unwittingly touched the transport button, causing my untested device to power up.
Beh, I don't remember much of my walking out of the pod, except that I felt strange. I almost felt like I had four legs. No, my brain told me, you're still upright. That's nonsense. As I looked down at my legs, I shuddered and broke out in a tearful scream. Team Magma's ruined me! I lamented, wiping my eyes softly. I noticed that... well, I looked like a Jolteon morph from the waist up, and a quadruped Jolteon from the waist down.
Journal, I'm not sure you believe me, but it's the truth. I'm writing into your pages with statically-furry hands. Right now I'm getting used to my lower body and the fact that I don't seem to need a chair anymore. I could save money on furniture like this...
As for my 16th birthday tomorrow? Well, I'm not sure who's going to be more surprised if they're planning a surprise party. What if I freak out? Will I cause a power outage? So many questions, Journal... and not enough time to answer them all. Well, it's getting late, Journal... dear me, it's 9:35 already.
Signed,
Lance "Plasma" Alaite
Old 06-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Blizzard Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Diaries of a Legend

Chapter One: Chain Reaction

Night One
Hi again, Journal. It's ten minutes to midnight, and, for some odd reason, I can't sleep. It might have a little to do with the nocturnal nature of Jolteon, or perhaps I'm still slightly on edge regarding Professor Birch's visit about an hour ago.
I remember that someone was knocking on my front door at around 10:45, so I walked slowly up the creaky, thin metal stairs, and I recall seeing some sparks jump a few inches from my paws with each ascendent step that I took. I took careful notes about which parts of my paws hit which part of the step, almost dazzled by my own inner workings.
As I reached the top step and turned to the front of the house, I realized that I didn't have my lab coat on anymore, so I padded over to my coat closet about 5 feet to my left, and grabbed the one hanging from the hanger labeled, This is too big for me, but I'll need it someday, and continued over to the front door, wrapping the oversized jacket around my upper body. As I opened it, my newly long ears folded back as I saw Professor Birch's face looking back at me.
"Um... hi, Professor Birch," I said slowly, my ears still folded in fear. "It's a little late for you to be trudging over, don't you think?"
Birch smiled back and nodded. "Well, it is somewhat late, yes," he began, "However, I've heard a lot of noise from the area today, and... oh my, you dyed your hair. I thought you were blonde!"
My ears folded forward slightly, now looking more like airplane wings along my sides than jet-streamed hair flowing backward. "I beg your pardon, sir?" I didn't know what he was talking about.
"Um... you mean you didn't dye your hair in a soft shade of crimson?" I could see that he was puzzled by my lack of comprehension, so I glanced at the wall mirror to my right. As it turned out, I was not only mostly a Jolteon by genetics, but I had crimson fur as well! I could see little blonde streaks running like lightning in a well-spaced lightning-stripe pattern.
"Well, I'll be," I said with a smirk, turning my head back to face Birch. "Um... of course... that's what I was doing today!" I was sweating lightly, gently reminding myself of what a horrible liar I was.
Birch raised his eyebrows. "You're a bad fibber, Lance..." he said with a soft laugh. "Team Magma invaded your lab, huh? I only guess that because they did it to me last week."
I stared defeatedly at Birch, my head hanging and my ears drooping like bangs over my eyes. "Yeah, they machine-gunned the door open. I don't even know what they wanted from me..."
Birch smiled, putting his left hand under my chin. "Smile, Lance," he said gently. "It shouldn't take you long to rebuild it." He walked about ten steps away from me, and finished, "I'm still not done remodeling, but why don't you come on over to the lab tomorrow morning? Remember, it's easier for you because you're just getting the groundwork done. You've got plenty of time, okay? Bye!"
As he was halfway out of my vision, I perked my ears up and padded a foot backwards, shutting the front door. I shook my head and grinned. I told myself, Always cheerful, eh, Professor? as I headed back to my room across from the coat closet.
Okay, Journal, so maybe I'm not on edge about the Professor coming to visit, but the fact is that this new body of mine isn't built right for my bed. Even if I lay on my side like a Pokemon, it's still awkward... oh wait. I'll take my pillow and blankets, lay my lower body on its side, and use the pillow to support my upper half as I rest. Well, it feels nice and cozy, so this really is good night.
Blanketed and warm!
Plasma