Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Ugh, Bush is reelected

O.K. What makes North Korea different is past instances and motivation. Firstly, the idea that he has public WMD is more or less rumer. He's trying to make them isn't, but them being there is. What also isn't is that many people have sent shipments of plutonium and uranium to North Korea. Whether they are refined enough to be used for WMD I don't know, but we do acknowledge a very posssible attempt to make WMD.

Second, we aren't at war with Korea. We were at war with Iraq.

Third, although North Korea isn't exactly friends with America, he didn't take military action against us. Saddam did, even after we put him in power. Though he has threats, they are not towards us, and they haven't led to any sort of problem yet. If they did, it would be all over NBC and others.

Fourth, him trying to make WMD is pratically common knowledge. Everyone knows about it, and you can gurantee that we are going to make an effort to shut it down.

Fifth, there is little motivation, and any sort of nuclear attack against the US would be next to impossible (little to no trading, and they don't have the power), and they cannot bomb their very close neighbors without serious problems occuring. Iraq was a problem because their oil, they could bomb countries far enough away with all of the oil that he had.

Sixth, the people of NK are brainwashed, and seriously DO think their leader is good.

Seventh, he hasn't lied about anything so far.

Eigth, he isn't using his chemical weapons, if there are any at all there, to harm the neighboring areas. Iraq had over a dozen funded chemical weapons programs, and I'm sure you've seen the film from the gassed villiage.

... that's all I can think of for now.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 11-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

CS, what is your reaction to GWB calling N. Korea as the "Axis of Evil"?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
how about this hypothesis:

We(government) invade Iraq because we(gov't) knew it didn't have WoMD {even though they claim they have some}. they can't do anything about s. Korea because they know for a fact that he has nukes. that's why they are dealing with Iraq and not s. Korea. oh, and oil.

~Jack~
That seems to be the consensus up here yes. Americans (for a lack of a better word) bully the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone. Truth is, once a country has atomic bombing capabilities, nobody will attack them. The most obvious thing would be then to attack any other possible country that can own these weapons. Yes, it's a good thing. The flip side of this, however, is the way Bush executed his "humane" plan in which thousands of innocent people were killed. That was my beef on him from that. I don't particularly agree on the possible oil control that Bush may have also hoped upon.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002
Americans (for a lack of a better word) bully the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone. .
*politly corrects Kenny*

"The American government bullys the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone."

Old 11-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
*politly corrects Kenny*

"The American government bullys the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone."

Thank you, Alakazam. I'm so politically incorrect nowadays (i.e. I'm not caring enough). :P
Old 11-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002
Thank you, Alakazam. I'm so politically incorrect nowadays (i.e. I'm not caring enough). :P
No problem I'm usually big on the whole PC thing, but being an American and all, I just wanted to clarify.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

I could've sworn he was calling Iraq that and not N-Korea, and whomever he was calling that my opinion remains the same: He needs a better speach writer.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 11-17-2004, 07:46 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Luddico
Bush was Reelected thanks to Ohio and Florida. -_- Signs of joy, complaints, or screaming stuff that should be censored? For everyone who hates Bush, just to let you know, we got him for another four years. -_-
If you want to discuss it casually, that can be done in the Other Chat board. But please, use the Other Discussion board for in depth discussion only.

*Thread locked.

EDIT: Due to the topic's rather "casual" approach at the topic, I decided to lock it. You can, however, create a new thread to continue the discussion.

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 11-17-2004 at 06:32 PM.
Closed Thread