Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Default Heart of Chaos

Just a note, I'm not finished with my Sand Stream team so this merely plans for after I finish that.

And, before you rate this team, be aware that this is offensively-focused with Wish and Light Screen support via Togekiss.

-Item: Choice Band
-Trait: Adamant
-Ability: Solid Rock
-EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SPCL DEF
-Moveset:
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Avalanche

For now, he will be my lead. If there's anything my opponent throws out at me, that could pose a threat, I'll just either create switch wars or take my chances. I already have a mon that thrives on Electric attacks, and I'll save Infernape for the finishing touches.

-Item: Choice Scarf
-Trait: [Timid]/[Bold]
-Ability: Serene Grace/Hustle
-EVs: [252 HP / 172 DEF / 84 SPD]/[252 HP / 72 DEF / 184 SPD]
-Moveset:
Wish
Light Screen
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

From what I see, Special Attacks are more of a threat than Physical Attacks since there are more Physical Absorbers than Special so I have Light Screen support. Of course, Wish support is nice as well.

With this, Togekiss is mainly hit and run while taking some hits so I gave 'em Choice Scarf. Should I focus on more defensive capabilities rather than focusing on hit-and-run tactics?

Of course, my EV spread is debatable as well. In the end, both go in the same route.

-Item: Choice Specs
-Trait: Timid
-Ability: Levitate
-EVs: 252 SPCL ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
-Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Hidden Power [Ice]/Energy Ball

Need I even explain myself, here? I like Choice Specs to kill, along with Speed to back it up. I could reverse the process and give him Choice Scarf and use a Modest Nature?

Heck, I considered using him as a lead, but I also like him to neutralize Earthquake and friends.

Oh, yes, should I promote the assassination of Garchomp and Salamence or kill off Swampert?

-Item: Leftovers
-Trait: Impish
-Ability: Intimidate
-EVs: 212 HP / 36 ATK / 172 DEF / 32 SPD / 56 SPCL DEF
-Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Aqua Tail/Hydro Pump
Ice Fang/Stone Edge

Besides Gengar, he is considered my Heracross and partial Starmie counter, which Infernape has trouble with.

Would Dragon Dance help Aqua Tail totally outclass Hydro Pump, as far as being walled is concerned?

Also, he could be used as a Salamence counter, or at least SpecsMence. With that, should I keep Ice Fang or cover more types with Stone Edge?

-Item: Expert Belt
-Trait: Naughty
-Ability: Motor Drive
-EVs: 200 ATK / 252 SPD / 56 SPCL ATK
-Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Cross Chop

And, here's the other part to countering Starmie. He basically eats Thunderbolts, or any other Electric attacks, gains the Speed boost, and proceeds to sweep.

The use of Expert Belt is to keep a diverse selection of Items.

Should I switch the EVs of ATK and SPD, since his purpose is to eat Thunderbolts and gain the Speed from them? Or, should I keep it like this to be able to outspeed some mons without depending on such switch opportunities?

-Item: Life Orb
-Trait: Naive
-Ability: Blaze
-EVs: 252 SPD / 128 ATK / 128 SPCL ATK
-Moveset:
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Grass Knot

What's not to like about 'em? Balanced sweeper with good STAB moves and overall offense. After some good thought, he'll be better off for late game sweeping.

Should I keep the even distribution of ATK and SPCL ATK EVs, or should I give or take a few?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that, since this is in-game WiFi, the IVs won't be perfect. So, this is merely a theoretical prototype of what I want for this team.

Also, should I make use of Rapid Spin, or will my offense scare Spikers and Stealth Rockers away?

Last edited by Ultima Boss; 05-15-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: I forgot to change the title of this team, and interchangable formatting due to suggestions.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: Heart of Chaos

The problem i find is that unless you have LS up, Choice specs'd Draco meteor can pretty much 2hko anything on this team, although mence can only come in on Infernape.

Speaking of Infernape, i'd leave it for late game, once everything is weakened, and make Gyara or Rhyperior the lead (Or maybe Gengar, although i've heard that Weaville is a very common lead)
Old 05-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
The problem i find is that unless you have LS up, Choice specs'd Draco meteor can pretty much 2hko anything on this team, although mence can only come in on Infernape.
Yeah, I'm trying to get 'em out of the picture before he starts to proceed killing me off. So, I'll take Infernape out of the lead since, as you said, Salamence [SpecsMence] can pretty much get to Infernape.

Quote:
Speaking of Infernape, i'd leave it for late game, once everything is weakened, and make Gyara or Rhyperior the lead
In the case, Rhyperior will take the spot since unexpected Intimidate can be quite the provocation. Besides, why not have a Tank leading? From there, I'll start planning switch wars.

Quote:
(Or maybe Gengar, although i've heard that Weaville is a very common lead)
Yeah, I could see Weavile being a lead. Besides, I like Gengar for being my primary Earthquake counter as well. Though, I could make Gyarados that, but he needs some burden off his shoulders.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Tmoney8 Offline
Experienced Trainer

I'm pretty sure Togekiss can learn Softboiled so you probably should replace that with wish, and definetly energy ball on Gar because Swampy can take out 3 of your pokemon with ease. Aqua Tail and Stone Edge on Gyrados, and you might want WoW on Gar in place of Focus Blast.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoney8 View Post
I'm pretty sure Togekiss can learn Softboiled so you probably should replace that with wish
Don't forget that Wish works when you switch. Besides, the only reason I have her is for Wish and Light Screen, not one or the other.

Quote:
definetly energy ball on Gar because Swampy can take out 3 of your pokemon with ease.
Yeah, I was thinking of that since Hidden Power would take even longer to make use of.

Quote:
you might want WoW on Gar in place of Focus Blast.
I guess that could compensate for my offensive approach, but I'll wait for more feedback. If I were to go with Will-O-Wisp then I wouldn't use that with SpecsGar.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

You'll have to be really careful with CBTar, because just the basic Stone Edge/EQ combo hits 5/6 of your Pokemon super effectively.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Deoxys Ribonuke Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deoxys Ribonuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
You'll have to be really careful with CBTar, because just the basic Stone Edge/EQ combo hits 5/6 of your Pokemon super effectively.
It would hit ALL of his Pokemon effectively:

EQ on Rhypherior
SR on Togekiss
EQ on Gengar
SR on Gyarados
EQ on Electivire
EQ on Infernape!

At least, I THINK so.

URPG Stats:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=80909
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
All my mons also hit Tyranitar super effectively, but, you're right, switching to 'em would be trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Ribonuke View Post

EQ on Rhypherior
SR on Togekiss
EQ on Gengar
SR on Gyarados
EQ on Electivire
EQ on Infernape!
No, Crunch/Pursuit on Gengar; he has Levitate. Then again, I would have no intentions of switching since I have Focus Blast on SpecsGar. Well, you get the point, Pursuit wouldn't prove that trouble on Gengar.

Hmm, maybe a solution to this dang Tyranitar and Salamence problem would be a Bulky Water [Swampert], or is Gyarados getting in the way?

Last edited by Ultima Boss; 05-16-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Ribonuke View Post

EQ on Rhypherior
SR on Togekiss
EQ on Gengar
SR on Gyarados
EQ on Electivire
EQ on Infernape!

At least, I THINK so.
Sadly EQ and SR doesnt solve all your problems pal...
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatyk View Post
Sadly EQ and SR doesnt solve all your problems pal...
Thanks for supporting my statement.

By the way, what is "SR" supposed to stand for? Stone Edge/Rock Slide?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post
Thanks for supporting my statement.

By the way, what is "SR" supposed to stand for? Stone Edge/Rock Slide?
Hmm, I'm not quite sure. Im assuming stone edge because what nub doesn't use earthquake and stone edge?
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Quote:
All my mons also hit Tyranitar super effectively, but, you're right, switching to 'em would be trouble.
Yes, but the fact is that most of your Pokemon have a limiting item, so Tyranitar has quite a few safe switch-ins when your opponent realizes that. If Tyranitar gets a switch-in on Gengar's Shadow Ball, for example, you will either loose Gengar to a CB Pursuit or have one of your Pokemon faint due to EQ/Stone Edge. Though, this is where your and the opponent's prediction comes in.

Not even bulky waters wall these two (Mence and Tar) anymore too well, so basically your only chance is just to basically revenge kill them, as this is more than possible from your team. Just be careful though.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Yes, but the fact is that most of your Pokemon have a limiting item, so Tyranitar has quite a few safe switch-ins when your opponent realizes that.
Yeah, you have a point there, I am limiting myself quite a bit on such Pokemon that have a good chance of ridding of Tyranitar (namely Gengar). Of course, SpecsGar is too irresistible to give up.

As far as Togekiss' Choice Scarf is concerned, it's mainly just written on paper. Nothing like that has been field tested, or at least to my knowledge. I'm not too much of a fan of taking two hits to perform Wish and Light Screen/Reflect, unless I know it can get the job done.

Quote:
If Tyranitar gets a switch-in on Gengar's Shadow Ball, for example, you will either loose Gengar to a CB Pursuit or have one of your Pokemon faint due to EQ/Stone Edge. Though, this is where your and the opponent's prediction comes in.
That would be where Swampert (which I'm going to replace for Rhyperior, or possibly will) would come in, minus the Pursuit.

Quote:
Not even bulky waters wall these two (Mence and Tar) anymore too well, so basically your only chance is just to basically revenge kill them, as this is more than possible from your team. Just be careful though.
You know of any effective walls against those two, since Rhyperior would be the one to replace? I would go on Smogon, myself, but the beta testing (or whatever chaos is doing) is really restricting its trafficking.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Quote:
You know of any effective walls against those two, since Rhyperior would be the one to replace?
The problem is that if you'd choose a good physical wall, SpecsMence would still hurt pretty badly. So I might actually go for something funkier like RestTalk Swampert with EQ and IB as attacking moves. This way you'd have a nice chance at countering both, barring something like HP Grass from Mence. I suppose RestTalk Milotic might work as well.