Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default An acctual experimental team!!

Well, I want to try out something, revolving around a Forstress.

Ninjask@Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

Basically there, to Pass Speed to Fortress. I didnt give it any Spd EVs, because the First turn I'll use Protect, and get Spd from Speed Boost.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Trait: Watter Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/ 156 Def/ 84 SAtk/ 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Substitute
- Acid Armor
- Baton Pass

Using This to BP subs, and Def increases.

Forrtress@Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Stealth Rocks
- Explosion

Well, It is suppossed to lay out the 9 layers of Spikes, giving a 75% hit to anything that comes in that doesn't Fly/Levitate. When its done, It blows up.

Suicune@Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP/ 164 Def/ 112 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

CM Suicune. Roars away anything it cant finish off.

Aerodactyl@Life Orb
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double Edge
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

This is supposed to drop in, and finish off things that resist the spikes, with his Stone Edge. Crunch is Mainly for Gar. I wish he got Head Smasher or W/e.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 108 Def/ 148 SDef
- Ice Punch
- Pain Split
- Earthquake
- Will-o-Wisp/Curse

Anti Rapid Spin.

Idk if it will work or not.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Last edited by Leman; 05-16-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: An acctual experimental team!!

Electricity can easily pwn this team. I also disapprove of ubbers.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatyk View Post
Electricity can easily pwn this team. I also disapprove of ubbers.
There are no Ubers on this Team. Should I give HP Ground to Suicune>Calm Mind and Maybe Rest>Ice Beam?

For this team, I also want rates on the overall strategy, and Fortress especially.

Last edited by Leman; 05-14-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Ultima Boss Offline

I wouldn't take the time to lay nine layers of Spikes, you have better things to do than slowing yourself down for that. Also, I wouldn't focus on passing Speed to forretress, he could be your Defensive wall. Thus, I would replace your regular Spikes for Gyro Ball.

And, Azelf and Suicune aren't considered Ubers, in the metagame, at least the last time I checked.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer

Look at azlefs atks and suicunes defs... come on now
Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatyk View Post
Look at azlefs atks and suicunes defs... come on now
The Birds, Dogs, Regis, and Elves arn't Uber. Neither are Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione and Shaymin.

The reason I'm not gonna give it Gyro Ball, Is because the 9 Layers are going to be the basis of he team. Will it work? I'm Giving it a huge Sub Defense, and Speed.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Any particular reason why all of them have leftovers? I mean, it's not that great of an item, focus band will probably save you more than leftovers will, but that's just my personal oppinion.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Polaris Offline

Is this a joke?

Let's start from the Vaporeon. Do you really need EVs on Defense AND Acid Amour. Pick one, and drop the other. I really don't think you need either. It won't last long as a physical tank. Aaand the Baton Pass- for what, defense? It seems like with the speed pass, you wouldn't be able to handle the team if things didn't go to plan.

Nine layers of spikes? That's if it last that long. A good fire type can ruin the whole scheme of things, which makes the roar on Suicune pointless if that were to happen. I don't think you need Toxic spikes AND regular spikes. You seem like one of those people that battle with an agenda. I'd watch for rapid spinners. I'd scratch the Forrtress.

Suicune... Battling, with legends. Everything looks fine, EXCEPT that it has leftovers, which sucks. Wise glasses will do the trick? And I told you about the roar, meh.

I hate the idea of Aerodactyl on this team.

The team's vulnerable to a good electric type. All of them are(cept for forrtress, which is a big no no. Luxray, with crunch could screw you over completely.)

Where's the physical sweeper?

Games- Yellow, Blue, Red, Stadium, Gold, Silver, Colesseum XD, Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl.
Offering Trades- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Rhydon, Dragonair, Lapras, Electabuzz, Crobat, Lucario, Luxary, Evee.
Wanted Trades- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebii, Chickorita, Sentret, Evee, Chatot, Nidoqueen, Arcanine, Scizor, Slowking, Bellosom.

PM with offers/battle request.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Do you really need EVs on Defense AND Acid Amour.
With Bold Nature, max EVs, and the assumption of perfect DEF IVs, you get 240 Defense, so you tell me.

Quote:
Aaand the Baton Pass- for what, defense? It seems like with the speed pass, you wouldn't be able to handle the team if things didn't go to plan.
Don't forget Vaporeon can also pass Substitutes...

Quote:
EXCEPT that it has leftovers, which sucks.
So, you're saying that recovery every turn "sucks"? Though it may recover 16% of your max HP, it's still better than nothing. Not to mention that the very same recovery can save you from getting KOed, when you gain the chance to KO 'em.

Quote:
Wise glasses will do the trick?
Since when did Suicune become a Special Sweeper?

Quote:
And I told you about the roar, meh.
With the theme of Spikes, why not have Roar?

Quote:
Where's the physical sweeper?
Did you miss Aerodactyl, or is your cynicism getting in the way?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Polaris Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post

Don't forget Vaporeon can also pass Substitutes...
Which is worthless in this case, with this team the whole plan would fail. Let's see, you need to boost the speed, then pass, then boost the defense, then pass, and then substitute? Do you plan on battling a two year old?
Quote:
So, you're saying that recovery every turn "sucks"? Though it may recover 16% of your max HP, it's still better than nothing. Not to mention that the very same recovery can save you from getting KOed, when you gain the chance to KO 'em.

You said you plan on maxing out the defense, so why on earth put leftovers on it? It'll baton pass out anyway, just seems worthless to me. And did you say gain the chance to KO them? Haha, with this moveset? It's whole purpose is to raise defense and pass it along. I'd love to have a hazer ruin this whole party.

Quote:
Since when did Suicune become a Special Sweeper?
Ever since this person decided to add a ice beam and surf onto it. It would do a whole lot better than that Azelf, which is awfully fragile. I wouldn't know- I'm a nazi about leaving legends out of battle.

Quote:
With the theme of Spikes, why not have Roar?
If the spikes fail, then that's a move down the drain.

Quote:
Did you miss Aerodactyl, or is your cynicism getting in the way?
Haha, it probably did - because you'd have to be mad to think that Aerodactyl could actually pull off as a physical sweeper on this team. And there go those stupid leftovers again. If the speed boost go to plan, the leftovers seem worthless. Why not use something for the boost of attack? One balanced tanker and he's out anyway. It has natural good ATC and SPD - but really, everyone knows he's much to fragile to pull it off.

Games- Yellow, Blue, Red, Stadium, Gold, Silver, Colesseum XD, Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl.
Offering Trades- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Rhydon, Dragonair, Lapras, Electabuzz, Crobat, Lucario, Luxary, Evee.
Wanted Trades- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebii, Chickorita, Sentret, Evee, Chatot, Nidoqueen, Arcanine, Scizor, Slowking, Bellosom.

PM with offers/battle request.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

Polaris, stop posting that kind of useless rubbish, please. If you don't know about the DP metagame-to-be, don't start debating with members who actually do.

I'll go briefly through what was wrong in your posts.

-Suicune needs Leftovers in order to wall stuff and outlast other Pokemon in order to phaze, which adds up to Spike damage. Wise glasses is not good, because it promotes straightward sweeping, like the kind an Alakazam would do.

-Aerodactyl is one of the best physical sweepers, because of its good STAB attacks, awesome speed and above average attack. Most sweepers are fragile anyways, barring stuff like Tyranitar.

-Luxray isn't a threat to any team as it can't take hits and its stats aren't nothing but average. It's just your new Manetric (which is UU in Advance btw)

-Baton Pass chains are effective, you can read articles about that, because I don't want to go in depth with that.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Polaris, stop posting that kind of useless rubbish, please. If you don't know about the DP metagame-to-be, don't start debating with members who actually do.
Don't worry about it, think of it as a learning experience for everyone.

Quote:
-Suicune needs Leftovers in order to wall stuff and outlast other Pokemon in order to phaze, which adds up to Spike damage.
Exactly

Quote:
Wise glasses is not good, because it promotes straightward sweeping, like the kind an Alakazam would do.
Wise Glasses isn't that great, there are better items that could be used for such sweeping. For example, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Choice Band (not for 'em, unless you want to Trick), Life Orb, Expert Belt, etc.

Quote:
-Aerodactyl is one of the best physical sweepers, because of its good STAB attacks, awesome speed and above average attack.
Thus, you have Choice Band to make his "above average attack" awesome. Well, at least the attack damage given out.

Quote:
-Baton Pass chains are effective, you can read articles about that, because I don't want to go in depth with that.
Good luck getting on Smogon, if that's what you're referring to. I suppose the Beta process is making the site a pain to load, if it ever will.

Quote:
Which is worthless in this case, with this team the whole plan would fail.
Actually, having an extra 101 HP would help the team plan. So, tell us again how having an extra 101 HP is worthless, while immune to status in that period of time? Though, I would say that Wish would prove a better team player than Acid Armor but whatever sinks his ship the fastest.

Quote:
Let's see, you need to boost the speed, then pass, then boost the defense, then pass, and then substitute?
Like Echo said, Baton Pass chains can prove to help the overall team plan, assuming that your opponent isn't swarming with pHazers. Then, again, you probably won't see more than one of those, so there shouldn't be too much to worry about. Besides, it's not like you need to use all the usage of Agility, Acid Armor, and Substitute to make a worthy pass. Heck, maybe one Agility and a Substitute would make more than a perfect pass.

Quote:
Do you plan on battling a two year old?
At least a two year old can learn from their mistakes.

Quote:
You said you plan on maxing out the defense, so why on earth put leftovers on it?
Why not put Leftovers on it? What better item would you place on 'em, than Leftovers? Besides, being the defensive Pokemon Vaporeon is, recovery in any form is essential. So, with that being said, why not put Leftovers on 'em?

Quote:
It'll baton pass out anyway, just seems worthless to me.
If Vaporeon does use Substitute then it can start recovering HP from the reduction of HP done with Substitute. Then, again, who's to say that its HP is reduced?

Quote:
And did you say gain the chance to KO them? Haha, with this moveset?
I said a chance, not a guaranteed KO. To the very least, a chance to dent a bit of damage when the opponent switches.

Quote:
It's whole purpose is to raise defense and pass it along.
I'm well aware of that, thank you.

Quote:
I'd love to have a hazer ruin this whole party.
To be honest, with the attempted theme ran here, a good Rapid Spinner would ruin this team. He can live without the Baton Pass chain. Thus, he needs a mon who resists it, like Dusknoir. So, your attempts to degrade Leman's attempts have failed to scare anyone.

Quote:
Ever since this person decided to add a ice beam and surf onto it.
So, you're saying that two offensive moves makes Suicune a Special Sweeper by default? The only other suggest I could say satisfies you a bit more is Rest over Ice Beam, but they're both just as good, in general.

Quote:
It would do a whole lot better than that Azelf, which is awfully fragile.
With Azelf Speed and Special Attack rating, along with being able to switch into an Earthquake without damage, Azelf is just as of a force to be reckoned with.

Quote:
Heh, with your speech about a pHazer ruining this team, why not have one of your own?

Besides, he's still got 6 layers of Spikes (from Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock).

Quote:
Haha, it probably did - because you'd have to be mad to think that Aerodactyl could actually pull off as a physical sweeper on this team.
Like Echo said, excellent STAB attacks, awesome Speed, and above average Attack ratings make this guy awesome and one heck of a force to be reckoned with.

Quote:
And there go those stupid leftovers again.
Leftovers is one of the best Items used, for a reason. But, I see what you mean, diversity is always good to see.

Quote:
If the speed boost go to plan, the leftovers seem worthless.
How about when you get Seeded, Spiked yourself, Poisoned, ect? Besdies, it's not like Aerodactyl will kill everything in its path, though can dent a good amount of Pokemon out there, so your opponent could possibly land a hit on 'em. Heck, even a swtich can leave some damage on 'em.

Quote:
Why not use something for the boost of attack?
For once, I agree with you, here. I suggest Choice Band, or Life Orb for the sake of freedom.

Quote:
One balanced tanker and he's out anyway.
You could always create a switch war, which would prove intuitive for Spikes.

Quote:
It has natural good ATC and SPD - but really, everyone knows he's much to fragile to pull it off.
That very same statement could prove the same for a good amount of sweepers like him, and yet they're used. Wonder why?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Leman Offline

Quote:
Which is worthless in this case, with this team the whole plan would fail. Let's see, you need to boost the speed, then pass, then boost the defense, then pass, and then substitute? Do you plan on battling a two year old?
Well, the whole plan is to give Forrtress huge defenses, and Spd, so it can get the spikes in. And Vappy'll sub before he passes.

[
Quote:
B]
You said you plan on maxing out the defense, so why on earth put leftovers on it? It'll baton pass out anyway, just seems worthless to me. And did you say gain the chance to KO them? Haha, with this moveset? It's whole purpose is to raise defense and pass it along. I'd love to have a hazer ruin this whole party. [/B]
I maxed out defenses, so if the opponent manages to do damage, it would gain part of it back, which, as Ultima said could save you from a KO. 6.25% is actually a lot. It would completely negate the effects of Hail and Sandstorm, which would make T-tar a lot less effective at sweeping this team.

Quote:
Ever since this person decided to add a ice beam and surf onto it. It would do a whole lot better than that Azelf, which is awfully fragile. I wouldn't know- I'm a nazi about leaving legends out of battle.
Suicune needs the two moves. Wise Glasses are for Sweepers. Azelf, would be a good mon to put those on. Suicune's SAtk stat is a full 25 points lower then both of its defenses. Thats a lot. (Base Stats) btw. Giving it lefties, means that nothing can 2HKO it without +SAtk other than Raikou, Zapdos, and Jolteon, and thats with max SAtk. Ice Beam Scares Zap away, and When the other two come in, I can switch out, maybe to Forrtress who could blow up in their face. Legends could be left out, but they are helpful. Azelf is fragile, but so is Alakazam, and you see him running around sweeping everyone.

Quote:
Well, The entire point is for Spikes NOT to fail.

Quote:
Haha, it probably did - because you'd have to be mad to think that Aerodactyl could actually pull off as a physical sweeper on this team. And there go those stupid leftovers again. If the speed boost go to plan, the leftovers seem worthless. Why not use something for the boost of attack? One balanced tanker and he's out anyway. It has natural good ATC and SPD - but really, everyone knows he's much to fragile to pull it off.
Honestly, Fragile things don't suck, but you do have a point. I think Ill give it an Life Orb, to maxamize its offenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post
To be honest, with the attempted theme ran here, a good Rapid Spinner would ruin this team. He can live without the Baton Pass chain. Thus, he needs a mon who resists it, like Dusknoir. So, your attempts to degrade Leman's attempts have failed to scare anyone.
Thats a good point. Maybe I should drop Azelf, for:

Dusknoir@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 108 Def/ 148 SDef
- Ice Punch
- Pain Split
- Earthquake
- Will-o-Wisp/Curse

Curse, or Wow?

Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer

I used dusknoir and wasn't too fond of it. WoW if you decide to go with dusknoir.