Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:37 AM
dead_on_arrival95 Offline

Default Uber and Non Uber users come here.

This "war of the ubers" is getting REALLY OLD. Seeing "If you're smart and use Ubers, copy and paste this into your sig!" or "If you're not a child and don't use Ubers copy and paste this into your sig!" almost every single thread is annoying. Yes, people use Ubers. Some people don't. Here are reasons why this is annoying.

Uber Users:
Ok, say you're just looking around the threads, looking for interesting stuff and you see "OMG! LOOK AT THIS!" you would probably think "Finally, something to read!" then you click, thinking its gonna be amazing, but then that person said "OMG! I caught a Dialga in Pokemon Diamond!" Congratulations. That person caught a Legendary Pokemon that EVERY PERSON HAS THE CHANCE TO CATCH IN POKEMON DIAMOND. Now imagine it's a Shaymin or Darkrai (sp?). And YOU go around gloating about it since you raised it to level 100 and it has amazing moves. NOBODY CARES. We could all do that if we wanted to. Besides, some people aren't fortunate enough to get Events, and now you're making them feel bad. Do you REALLY want that?

Non-Uber Users:
Ok, yes, Ubers are powerful. And according to some of you, they "make the game unfair." They are Pokemon. They were created to be USED. They were NOT created to make the game unfair or to sit in a Box in your PC all day (although I make them do that). If Ubers made the game unfair, why would they make them? Technically, you could train a Pokemon to beat an Uber anyday, but you still complain. Take this example:

Person 1 has:
Dialga/@Adamant Orb/Adamant
Lv. 100/Attack: 451/Defense: 350/Sp. Atk: 504/Sp. Def: 463/Speed: 385
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam

Person 2 has:
Rhydon/@Soft Sand/Adamant
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam

Now let's pretend this is possible without cheating. So Person 1's gotta Dialga and Person 2's gotta Rhydon, everything the same besides the Item. So, with Earth Power, Rhydon COULD beat Dialga. Rhydon is the same as Dialga. They both gloat about, but is Person 2 going to be be told "Hey, you're Pokemon's an Uber! It's unfair!"? Nope, it's gonna be Person 1 because he/she has a Dialga. Now say these people traded the two Pokemon. Now Person 1 has the Rhydon and Person 2 has the Dialga. Who do you think would get flamed? Yep, person 2.

I know, the whole Uber thing is your opinion, but really think about this. Is putting that in your sig doing anything? No! Is fighting doing anything? No! What people do to their teams is THEIR choice, and saying "Ubers rock!" or "Ubers Suck!" is NOT going to change that!

Please, flame, talk, do whatever, but no fighting. It's not gonna get you guys anywhere.

Signed-
Rei <3

Only Pete Wentz can make kissing a monkey look hot ^_^
Diamond Team & levels:

Blazer:45 Zaptress:45 Arrow:45 Chime:40 Rosa:42 Psyknesis:45
Badges:3|Pokedex-Seen:84 Own:49|Last Saved:Route 214|Going to beat Crasher Wake!
Working on new fanfic.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:44 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: Uber and Non Uber users come here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_on_arrival95 View Post
Person 1 has:
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam

Person 2 has:
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
There's no use pretending this is possible without cheating. Those are made-up stats that neither Pokemon can achieve. Your argument is flawed.

The fact is, Dialga is great, and Rhydon sucks. Rhyperior is not too bad, but Rhydon sucks. One Earth Power from Dialga would most likely send Rhydon 6 feet under.

Legendary Pokemon do not evolve and are only 1 per game species-wise, so they are made special by having higher-overall base stats than regular Pokemon. Otherwise, they wouldn't be so "Legendary", would they?

I'll post more later, as I have a feeling this thread will rack in the posts (and flames).
Old 05-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort

Yes, but the whole point is that Ubers are always going to have higher base stats than Standards, since that's what makes them Ubers. And btw, it's impossible to get those stats even on Dialga unless he had 1512 EV slots open and a benefitting-all-stats nature.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:42 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Fascinating stuff.

Thread - Moved to Strategy Section
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

Your reasoning is flawed. Just because Pokemon X beats Uber Y, it doesn't mean that it's better or that pokemon Y is Uber no more. Lanturn beats Kyogre in battle; does it mean Lanturn is Uber? Or maybe that Kyogre shouldn't be banned? Of course not. Uber means that it overcentralizes the game: There's no reason to not use Ubers if they are allowed. Every team would consist on 5-6 Ubers and a standard, or maybe 2 threw in. Nothing more.

And really, why are you bothering with the signatures of other people? We already know the whole "If you dont use powerful legends in your team, copy and paste this, etc" is pretty dumb anyway, there's no need to argue over that
Old 05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
-4J- Offline

needs less ranting itt.

anybody who can't grasp the concept of sperating the uber metagame from everything else and generally any metagame from anything else isn't worth the time trying to educate anyway imo.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 PM
jushiness Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to jushiness

i strictly use non ubers because all my friends use only ubers. and i still kick their asses daily.. its more fun that way
Old 05-14-2007, 11:09 PM
dead_on_arrival95 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_on_arrival95 View Post
Person 1 has:
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam

Person 2 has:
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam

Now let's pretend this is possible without cheating. So Person 1's gotta...
As you can see in bold, that is from my first post, so I know they are made up, thank you.

And thanks for all that posted. You are all putting up good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
Yes, but the whole point is that Ubers are always going to have higher base stats than Standards, since that's what makes them Ubers. And btw, it's impossible to get those stats even on Dialga unless he had 1512 EV slots open and a benefitting-all-stats nature.
I agree, and this is not based on my opnion at all. I'm kinda in the middle on using Ubers.

Oh, and thanks HKim. I didn't know this belonged in the Stradegy Section.

Signed-
Rei <3

Only Pete Wentz can make kissing a monkey look hot ^_^
Diamond Team & levels:

Blazer:45 Zaptress:45 Arrow:45 Chime:40 Rosa:42 Psyknesis:45
Badges:3|Pokedex-Seen:84 Own:49|Last Saved:Route 214|Going to beat Crasher Wake!
Working on new fanfic.