Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon Main Boards Pokemon: Interactive Center Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Which Moveset?

This one is for an Empoleon with an Adamant nature and a MysticWater attached to it.

Drill Peck
Surf
Bide
Brine

OR

Drill Peck
Bubblebeam
Surf
Brine

OR

Aerial Ace
Avalanche
Brine
Surf

Which one seems best for ingame battling?
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.


Last edited by Hoshika; 05-04-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Which Moveset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
This one is for an Empoleon with an Adamant nature and a MysticWater attached to it.

Drill Peck
Surf
Bide
Brine

OR

Drill Peck
Bubblebeam
Surf
Brine

OR

Aerial Ace
Avalanche
Brine
Surf

Which one seems best?
Honestly, they really aren't great. Empoleon is a special oriented mon, so Avalanche, Aerial Ace, Bide, and Drill Peck wont do much damage. Brine, Surf, and Bubblebeam on the same mon is redundant, because they are all the same type. I would go with:

- Surf
- Aqua Ring
- Stealth Rocks
- Ice Beam/Roar/Amnesia

But, seeing yours is Adamant, you might want to use Steel Wing>Surf, or:

- Swords Dance
- Drill Peck
- Agility/Steel Wing
- Earthquake
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)



Last edited by Leman; 05-04-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: Which Moveset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
Honestly, they really aren't great. Empoleon is a special oriented mon, so Avalanche, Aerial Ace, Bide, and Drill Peck wont do much damage. Brine, Surf, and Bubblebeam on the same mon is redundant, because they are all the same type. I would go with:

- Surf
- Aqua Ring
- Stealth Rocks
- Ice Beam/Roar/Amnesia

But, seeing yours is Adamant, you might want to use Steel Wing>Surf, or:

- Swords Dance
- Drill Peck
- Agility/Steel Wing
- Earthquake
Hey, I can't get every move under the sun. It's for ingame battling only, you know.

I'll edit that in.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Which Moveset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Hey, I can't get every move under the sun. It's for ingame battling only, you know.

I'll edit that in.
Oh. Well, this board is for Competitive battlers. You aren't supposed to post ingame teams here. Well then, try:

- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Drill Peck

Waterfall is an HM. EQ is a TM. and the other two are level up moves.Waterfall gets STAB, and EQ and Drill Peck both get good type coverage.
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Ultima Boss's Avatar
Ultima Boss Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: Which Moveset?

If you're going for Adamant Swords Dancer then Aqua Jet is an option, as well, to compensate for the mediocre Speed.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Which Moveset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post
If you're going for Adamant Swords Dancer then Aqua Jet is an option, as well, to compensate for the mediocre Speed.
His speed isn't Medeodre. Its sucks. Its lower than Metagross's and I thought he was slow. Aqua Jet is an option >Drill Peck. It slaughter Rock/Grounds.
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com