Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
mootixguy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to mootixguy
Default A Forked Road

Hello guys, this is my first fanfic. I posted it on FFNet before but just posting it here since there're more Pokemon fans to comment. Please comment! I CAN take criticism!

A Forked Road
by mooty

Synopsis
A gifted young trainer finds himself going on a path of evil and no return. Was he right?

Chapter Index
- Chapter 1: Rewind
- Chapter 2: Work

Last edited by mootixguy; 04-30-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
mootixguy Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: A Forked Road

Chapter 1: Rewind

“Why did you do this?”

“You could have done something else! Why take this path?”

“You made the wrong choice, my dear.”

“Why would anyone want to do this to himself and be hated by everyone else for it?”

But then again, do you think I had a choice?

--

When I was young, I was like every other person in school – I aspired to get all eight Pokemon gym badges, make the Pokemon League, and become the Champion. Except that I was at a better position to aspire for that dream. In school, I thumped everyone whether it came to Pokemon Theory Studies or when I attended the Pokemon Raising modules. Not that I worked especially hard to attain the status of being a ‘pro’ in school. Dealing with Pokemon just came naturally to me. Everyone said I was gifted.

Every year, the academy I worked with gave out prizes to the top in the sixth grade – a Pokeball with a relatively rare Pokemon inside. That was the best gift a sixth-grader could receive – he or she would have become ten years old, eligible for a Pokemon license and a world of fun battling Pokemon.

In the middle of my sixth-grade, I was told that the Pokeball already had my name inscribed on it. I tried to conceal my pleasure and pride. In the middle of classes, I would start scribbling training plans for any possible Pokemon that I would find in the Pokeball. As the months past, I had covered “plans” for all the Dragons and the typical Fire, Water and Grass starter Pokemon.

Sixth-grade ended, and I went up on the podium in front of the school to receive my Pokeball from the headmaster. Not that I had no idea what the Pokemon within was – I had had to rehearse that event from three weeks before. I would receive the Pokeball (with two hands, the teachers constantly reminded me), and I would press the release mechanism to reveal a cute male Pichu for the school to see and applaud, before returning it to its Pokeball and walking off.

That day, I was mobbed by half the guys in school (and even a few girls) about the Pichu.

“Boy, that Pichu sure looks cute!”

“What do you know? It will evolve into Pikachu and subsequently Raichu. Those aren’t strong Pokemon!”

“Well, if you give it enough training and love, it will do well!”

“Let’s see… Pichu is an Electric type! That means it’s good against… um…”

“Water and Flying types! Honestly, Greg, you better brush up on your facts if you want to be a good trainer!”

“Who cares, Roy and his Pichu will thrash all of us! Congrats, Roy!”

What did they know about Pokemon? I thought as I walked home. Hmm… Pichu. I hadn’t thought of a good training plan for it. I guess I’ll have to spend the whole of tonight charting out tomorrow’s exercise drills. For… Pikachu! Raichu! And for the Pokemon League!

--
I know this is short, but don't worry, my future chapters are much longer. This is only a prologue of sorts. Please comment, so I can improve!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 AM
mootixguy Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: A Forked Road

Chapter 2: Work

A flash of light – and the wooden block was lying on the floor, slightly darkened in some parts.

“That’s good! Now let’s try that Thundershock once more, shall we, Pichu?” I stepped forward, placed the wooden block standing again. “We have one hundred and seventy-two more Thundershocks to do before we get lunch. Okay?” Pichu looked at me cutely, before launching a Thundershock at its target. It was weak, but still stronger than two months ago, when I had just gotten it.

However, I still stayed away from trainer battles with the others. Gradually, everyone got a Pokemon, and enthusiastically, they wanted to fight with anyone they saw holding a Pokeball. How foolish! They would probably lose with their weak Pokemon, and display their weaknesses for everyone to see and take note. Me? I wanted to wait till my Pichu was evolved, and until there was absolutely no chance of it losing a battle, before I started challenging the rest. Unlike the others, I had my reputation to consider.

That time came soon enough. One hot afternoon just three months after I had gotten Pichu, I was feeding it (after it had done the required 500 Thundershocks as practice, of course), when it suddenly rolled on the ground playfully and started glowing mildly. I recognized that immediately: Evolution! I had made it happy, and that had earned me a Pikachu, with stronger attacks and greater speed!

Of course, there was still Raichu, the ultimate evolved stage, to look out for. I could evolve Pikachu with a Thunderstone, which I could easily get by dealing with those stone maniacs living in the hut on the beach, but I decided not to evolve Pikachu yet. Afterall, I could not risk the chance of other trainers spotting a Raichu with me and immediately start to be wary of my strength! I preferred to wait till an opportune time when I would be able to shock the rest by displaying my Raichu and sweeping the other trainers’ Pokemon with it.

So, armed with my Pikachu, I decided to go into the Median Forest, north of the town. I had been there since I learnt to walk, but this would be the first time I made a conscious effort to hunt down Pokemon and catch them. Now that my Pikachu was strong enough, I supposed it could easily beat up those Pokemon to submission, making it easier for me to catch them.

After not three steps in the Forest, I heard a small whimper. A Wurmple stood at my feet, trudging slowly. I was about to get Pikachu to let loose with a paralyzing Thunderwave before hurling a Pokeball, when I noticed just how pathetic the worm looked, easily crushable and not likely to do much damage, even when evolved into its final form, Beautifly. Roy, you are here to catch world-beating Pokemon! Why are you wasting your time on such Pokemon that won’t bring you closer to your goal of winning the Pokemon League?

Stepping on the Wurmple with a swift foot movement, I walked off, trying to look for Pokemon that could offer more. I was surprised to find that I did not feel any guilt.