Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:23 AM
KB Kronic Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KB Kronic Send a message via MSN to KB Kronic Send a message via Yahoo to KB Kronic
Default Help with an Eevee or Absol build to take down a Mewtwo. (no Umbreon plz)

ok I have a friend that desided he could take out any pokemon I pick with just his Mewtwo, so I have picked two pokemon I would like to take him out with I just don't know what move set to put on them.

This is what i have so far.

Absol: Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Bite
Swords Dance

Eevee: Toxic
Bite
Shadow Ball
Protect

I am most likely going to go with Absol ( I only chose Eevee to put salt on an open cut ) but any and all advice will be taken into consideration. Thanx in advance.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Help with an Eevee or Absol build to take down a Mewtwo. (no Umbreon plz)

Some good Suggestions for a Mewtwo Bashers are:

Absol@Salac Berry
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EVs:Max Spd and Atk rest to SDef
SD
Return
Shadow Ball
AA

Mewtwo Shouldn't be able to 1HKO you without a CM but might go for it, probably shouldn't try to risk using SD, go strait for Shadow Ball.

Espeon@Leftovers/Lum Berry
Trait: Synchronize
Nature: Timid or Modest
EVs: Max Spd and SAtk rest to SDef
CM
Psycic
Bite
Morning Sun

Get CM up to take in more shots and once you can take in a lot of shots use Bite and Morning Sun, if it is just for Mewtwo you could also have Light Screen.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Help with an Eevee or Absol build to take down a Mewtwo. (no Umbreon plz)

Con you give us yis Mewtwo's set?

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
KB Kronic Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KB Kronic Send a message via MSN to KB Kronic Send a message via Yahoo to KB Kronic

i cant give the Mewtwos moveset because the guy dont have him just yet. And also if anyone has a better pokemon suggestion other than Absol.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Just use a defensive Latias with some mix of Calm Mind, Recover, Dragon Claw, Thunder Wave @ Soul Dew.

Barring that use Absol with a mix like Endure, Swords Dance, Shadow Ball, Baton Pass @ Salac Berry.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).

Last edited by Dragon_Seeker; 04-23-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

My suggestion is:

i would say umbreon, but i cant=[

so here it is:
Sneasel
Gengar

get creative in your moveset, just make sure u have either a bug,ghost or dark attack

Old 04-24-2007, 12:29 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Seeker View Post
Just use a defensive Latias with some mix of Calm Mind, Recover, Dragon Claw, Thunder Wave @ Soul Dew.

Barring that use Absol with a mix like Endure, Swords Dance, Shadow Ball, Baton Pass @ Salac Berry.
Whats the point of BPing Swords Dance to Latias? I think that those are the only mons that he is using.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 AM
KB Kronic Offline
New Trainer

ok first of all i can only use one pokemon so the Baton Pass is out of the question. I might have forgoten to mention that it is gonna be a one on one death match. and the only reason i dont want any suggestions for Umbreon is because 1. I know exactly how i would handle that and 2. he knows I would use him for the simple fact he is my favorite pokemon. and Latias I'm not gonna use it because I'm not a big fan of Legendary pokemon.

I think i got all the info im gonna need so thanx to all the people who helped and I will be back for help on Diamond.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
Whats the point of BPing Swords Dance to Latias? I think that those are the only mons that he is using.
The Absol set I suggested was suggested on the off chance he doesn't have, doesn't want to or cannot use the Latias.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).