Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Ness Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ness Send a message via MSN to Ness
Default Re: We're going after Lugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorelax_himself View Post
But I think the move tutor only is available after you beat Ash, correct? We want to Lugia to be able to beat Ash in the first place.
Ahhh ok . Should have asked if you already beat Red (Ash).
Old 04-21-2007, 02:45 AM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

You probably don't know this Snorlax_Himself but don't double post. Use the edit button.
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 04-21-2007, 06:05 AM
shinycelebi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorelax_himself View Post
The strategy is to just stand there and take whatever gets dished out using revives and healing until Lugia runs out of PP's on anything offensive he can do. Then we'll try to hit him, drop him into the red, sleep him , bag'im, and tag'im.
OMG! Are you really going to wait till Lugia has run out of PP,because by that time your team is likely to have been Aeroblasted to death.Fasle Swipe is a good move.I caught Lugia with a Lv38 Feraligatr as my ONLY pokemon,and it(the Lugia) was SHINY!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM
snorelax_himself Offline

Lugia is a big pushover.

We taught Kadabra Ice Punch; bought a gazillion revives, lemonades and ultra balls; had Kurt make 2 heavy balls (all the apricorns we had), and went in.

Round 1: Haunter led the way and tried to sleep Lugia. Got blasted out of existence with Gust. Suicune stepped up and offered Surf a couple of times forcing a Recover from Lugia. Some additional exchanges took place, Kadabra went down, a couple of Ultra Balls got chucked, and Suicune overkilled Lugia big. Select-Start-A-B.

Round 2: More of the same. More Pokemon down. Chucked some Ultra Balls and one Heavy Ball, overkilled Lugia and restarted.

Round 3: Some opening exchanges occured and we threw Haunter out. Lugia missed the Hydropump and Haunter was still standing! Haunter laid in the Hypnosis and Lugia was out like a light. Suicune Aurora Beam'ed and Surf'ed. Lugia's still asleep. Dragonite hits him with Twister. He wakes up but doesn't use Recover. Blasts Dragonite and Suicune. Kadabra gets nailed again in there somewhere. Some healing and switching occured and Haunter was standing out there again. Lugia missed again! Haunter slept him. Suicune Aurora Beam'ed. Dragonite Twister'ed. Lugia was DEEP in the red and asleep. We chucked the last Heavy Ball. 1, 2, 3- click. Success!

All 16 badges now, beaten the Elite 4 twice. Lugia's Gust laid waste to a few of those guys.

Currently in training for Ash.

Diamond is out, have it waiting from preorder. Gotta beat Ash so we can go get Diamond. Motivation! Oo-rah!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Ness Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ness Send a message via MSN to Ness

Congratulations! You caught him pretty quick eh? Good job.

Once you beat Red (Ash) head over to the Battle Tower which is west of Olivine City and try your skills there (I'm assuming you have Crystal since you have an Extremespeed Dragonite). The Battle Tower is harder than Red and if you win seven consecutive trainers then you get a pretty good prize (lots of stat enhancers).
Old 04-23-2007, 09:21 PM
snorelax_himself Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Congratulations! You caught him pretty quick eh? Good job.

Once you beat Red (Ash) head over to the Battle Tower which is west of Olivine City and try your skills there (I'm assuming you have Crystal since you have an Extremespeed Dragonite). The Battle Tower is harder than Red and if you win seven consecutive trainers then you get a pretty good prize (lots of stat enhancers).
Thank you, thank you. No seriously- the Heavy Balls were just the ticket and we didn't know how to do that. Thanks.

I tried the Battle Tower thing once before. Whatever it was I faced and I don't remember what, OHKO'd everything I took in and eliminated the party in 6 attacks without me getting a single attack off. I haven't been back.