Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Anime Punch 2007 – Columbus

From March 30th-April 1st, I (RocketMeowth) was at an anime convention that took place in the hotel Marriot down in Columbus. I participated in many of their events with one of them being a Pokemon RBG (Role Battle Game). This was probably the strangest, and the most fun I had had at the convention.

This game consisted of eight teams (due to not many signing up). We were all placed in brackets and then put up against one another to “battle”. Now, in these battles one person was the trainer and they could pick six Pokemon through the immense crowd of people that came to watch.

This was the part that I felt was the most creative part of this RBG. The trainer could have six Pokemon, but they didn’t necessarily have to be Pokemon. One team had Sauske on it, another had Ruroni Kenshin on it, and my team, well, we had Jesus and a man who dressed up as a catnip ninja. Attacks for these “Pokemon” could be made up on the spot and then the refs would say if it was effective, super effective, hardly effective, or if it missed. They also said if the attack had any side effects on the opponent and at times, they put in some crits on why it was effective, super effective, hardly effective, or if it missed. Also, as the battles would press on, there was battle music being played in the background from Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow.

Of course I was a Meowth. My attacks consisted of Scratch, Double Payday (one I used in a previous RBG that wasn’t Pokemon), Glomping Kitties, Screech, and Catnip Power Up. As I said, many attacks were just made up. Some of the attacks were just plain out hilarious. For instance, the Sauske Pokemon’s main attack was Dark Corner of Solitude. It powered up Sauske’s “emo-ness” and dealt damage to the opponent.

Now, the teams that won their battles would advance up to the very top where they would get two choices. One choice was to just get their prizes and walk out victors of all the other teams. The other choice was to face the master. Of course, my team (Team Smexy) chose to face the master trainer.

I can easily say that this battle was very interesting. No Pokemon aside from me and a girl dressed up as Raichu were the only real Pokemon in the fight. The master trainer was just a team of the people who formed the entire Pokemon RBG. They had a pimp, a technician, a chair (just a regular chair) and a few other people on the team. Truly, this RBG wasn’t very selective of who you put onto your team.

In the end, my team won and the prize we got were many cheers from the audience. Not much of a prize if you ask me but hey, it was fun, very enjoyable, and hilarious.

After the RBG was over, I took advantage of everyone being in the room and got some interviews done. These interviews consisted of questions about Diamond and Pearl, future Pokemon games, and Pokemon in general. There were also two poll questions I asked about which Diamond and Pearl starter was the number one favored, and which region was still the number one favorite region.
Here are the interview questions that I asked:

1. What’s your opinion on the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon?
2. What do you think of the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games?
3. Did you know that they’re making a sequel to the Mysterious Dungeon game? Do you think that’s a good idea? Why?
4. Are you planning on getting Battle Revolution? Why?
5. Do you think that Pokemon has lost any of its luster since it came out?
6. What would you like to see in future Pokemon games?

Here were the responses that I got from those that I interviewed:

Name: Jessica (the girl dressed up as Raichu)
1. They’re okay, but there seems to be getting too many Pokemon in my opinion. But I also think that some of their designs are both awesome and adorable.
2. I’m pretty excited about them. I can’t wait to get my copy of Diamond, and no, I didn’t pre-order the game yet.
3. No, I didn’t know that they were making a sequel to the game. I actually think it depends on if it’s a good idea or not. Sometimes sequels can ruin the game entirely or they can just up the games fame.
4. I haven’t decided just yet.
5. I think it has lost a little of its luster. It’s seemed to get pretty repetitive with the show and the main plot of the games.
6. I would like to see them stay more like Red, Blue, and Yellow as well as have a big online game. It would be fun in my opinion.

Name: Catboi Blues (didn’t want to give out real name)
1. I haven’t kept up with Pokemon for a while.
2. I don’t have a television
3. No. I think that this is a good idea. The reason why is because it would mean more fun and it would give more options. (didn’t specify what he meant by “options”)
4. I can’t because I don’t have a Wii.
5. I think Pokemon has evolved and become much better since it first came out.
6. I would like to see Pokedex imports from ALL of the past games into the new games.

Name: Lucario (a person in a Lucario suit)
1. Love’em
2. Love’em
3. No. Yes
4. Yes
5. No
6. MMO RPG, like ultima online
*detail wasn’t gone into since this person was in a Lucario costume and couldn’t talk*

Name: Kirsten
1. I’m pretty excited for it even though some of the Pokemon look weird.
2. I like them. Especially the Wifi.
3. No. I’ve actually never played Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon before.
4. I’m not really sure to be honest.
5. I don’t think it’s lost any of it’s luster, but I do think that the show has become a bit repetitive.
6. I would like to see customizable main characters.

Polls: (I got more people for these then I did for the entire interview)

In a poll of the three starter Pokemon, these were the results:

Turtwig – 28
Piplup – 25
Chimchar – 12

In a poll of the regions being the top favorite, these were the results:

Kanto - 30
Jhoto - 15
Hoenn - 2
Orre – 7
Undecided - 10

Overall, I had a great time at this convention. Though not very many people would accept to taking the interview, they accepted to taking the polls as you can see. I guess that even with all of the new Pokemon coming out, and with Satoshi showing us Pokemon that are like nothing we’ve ever seen before, people still prefer the Kanto region over all.

Last edited by RocketMeowth; 04-11-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN
Default Re: Anime Punch 2007 – Columbus

I've only got two things to say.

1. Go old-school Kanto-ness.
2. Nya! Catnip!

Good job, RM.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
spr bhav Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to spr bhav

cool, that must've been nice there... just how can Chimchar loose? *sniffsniff*

[Rezent] (Pkmn HeartGOLD):
Friend Code: 2536-6007-1924.

[ Rezent ] - (Pkmn PLATINUM):
Friend Code: 2364 8263 0463
Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Pkmn_Ranger903 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
From March 30th-April 1st, I (RocketMeowth) was at an anime convention that took place in the hotel Marriot down in Columbus. I participated in many of their events with one of them being a Pokemon RBG (Role Battle Game). This was probably the strangest, and the most fun I had had at the convention.

This game consisted of eight teams (due to not many signing up). We were all placed in brackets and then put up against one another to “battle”. Now, in these battles one person was the trainer and they could pick six Pokemon through the immense crowd of people that came to watch.

This was the part that I felt was the most creative part of this RBG. The trainer could have six Pokemon, but they didn’t necessarily have to be Pokemon. One team had Sauske on it, another had Ruroni Kenshin on it, and my team, well, we had Jesus and a man who dressed up as a catnip ninja. Attacks for these “Pokemon” could be made up on the spot and then the refs would say if it was effective, super effective, hardly effective, or if it missed. They also said if the attack had any side effects on the opponent and at times, they put in some crits on why it was effective, super effective, hardly effective, or if it missed. Also, as the battles would press on, there was battle music being played in the background from Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow.

Of course I was a Meowth. My attacks consisted of Scratch, Double Payday (one I used in a previous RBG that wasn’t Pokemon), Glomping Kitties, Screech, and Catnip Power Up. As I said, many attacks were just made up. Some of the attacks were just plain out hilarious. For instance, the Sauske Pokemon’s main attack was Dark Corner of Solitude. It powered up Sauske’s “emo-ness” and dealt damage to the opponent.

Now, the teams that won their battles would advance up to the very top where they would get two choices. One choice was to just get their prizes and walk out victors of all the other teams. The other choice was to face the master. Of course, my team (Team Smexy) chose to face the master trainer.

I can easily say that this battle was very interesting. No Pokemon aside from me and a girl dressed up as Raichu were the only real Pokemon in the fight. The master trainer was just a team of the people who formed the entire Pokemon RBG. They had a pimp, a technician, a chair (just a regular chair) and a few other people on the team. Truly, this RBG wasn’t very selective of who you put onto your team.

In the end, my team won and the prize we got were many cheers from the audience. Not much of a prize if you ask me but hey, it was fun, very enjoyable, and hilarious.

After the RBG was over, I took advantage of everyone being in the room and got some interviews done. These interviews consisted of questions about Diamond and Pearl, future Pokemon games, and Pokemon in general. There were also two poll questions I asked about which Diamond and Pearl starter was the number one favored, and which region was still the number one favorite region.

3. Did you know that they’re making a sequel to the Mysterious Dungeon game? Do you think that’s a good idea? Why?

1. They’re okay, but there seems to be getting too many Pokemon in my opinion. But I also think that some of their designs are both awesome and adorable.
2. I’m pretty excited about them. I can’t wait to get my copy of Diamond, and no, I didn’t pre-order the game yet.
3. No, I didn’t know that they were making a sequel to the game. I actually think it depends on if it’s a good idea or not. Sometimes sequels can ruin the game entirely or they can just up the games fame.
5. I think it has lost a little of its luster. It’s seemed to get pretty repetitive with the show and the main plot of the games.
6. I would like to see them stay more like Red, Blue, and Yellow as well as have a big online game. It would be fun in my opinion.

3. No. I think that this is a good idea. The reason why is because it would mean more fun and it would give more options. (didn’t specify what he meant by “options”)
6. I would like to see Pokedex imports from ALL of the past games into the new games.

1. Love’em
2. Love’em
3. No. Yes
4. Yes
5. No
*detail wasn’t gone into since this person was in a Lucario costume and couldn’t talk*

5. I don’t think it’s lost any of it’s luster, but I do think that the show has become a bit repetitive.

Turtwig – 28
Piplup – 25
Chimchar – 12

Kanto - 30
Jhoto - 15
Hoenn - 2
Orre – 7
Undecided - 10

Overall, I had a great time at this convention. Though not very many people would accept to taking the interview, they accepted to taking the polls as you can see. I guess that even with all of the new Pokemon coming out, and with Satoshi showing us Pokemon that are like nothing we’ve ever seen before, people still prefer the Kanto region over all.
Wish I could've been there
Old 04-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I thought Ryan was going to add it to the news. Oh well.

Glad you had fun! Sounded like everyone enjoyed the RBG.
Quote:

Turtwig – 28
Piplup – 25
Chimchar – 12
Turtwig... first... wow, that's a surprize.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 AM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Quote:

1. Love’em
2. Love’em
3. No. Yes
4. Yes
5. No

Turtwig – 28
Piplup – 25
Chimchar – 12

Kanto - 30
Jhoto - 15
Hoenn - 2
Orre – 7
Undecided - 10

The RBG seems funny. Lol.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

Thank you for replying you guys. I'm glad that you liked my "article".

Yeah, I was kinda suprised that Turtwig won, but a lot of the people loved his final form more then Piplup's or Chimchar's.

And yeah, the RBG was hysterical. I had a hard time not laughing at what moves were used, what the Pokemon on the teams were, and at what the judges commented on.

It was a blast.

=^^= Nya
Old 04-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Quote:
Thank you for replying you guys. I'm glad that you liked my "article".

Yeah, I was kinda suprised that Turtwig won, but a lot of the people loved his final form more then Piplup's or Chimchar's.

And yeah, the RBG was hysterical. I had a hard time not laughing at what moves were used, what the Pokemon on the teams were, and at what the judges commented on.

It was a blast.

=^^= Nya
That must have been interesting.

And I agree with people saying the show has become a bit too repetitive.

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.