Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default All fun Double Battle Team

As I said, all fun, so no 'A (insert name here) would destroy this tactic'. It is Double Battle and assumed played with more than 2 each side (most likely 6):

Articuno@Leftovers
Trait: Pressure EVs: Defensive, however you want really
Mind Reader
Sheer Cold
Ice Beam
Filler

Sceptile@Leftovers or other
Trait: Overgrow EVs: Spread, mostly Atk and SAtk
Pursuit
Focus Punch
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw

Basically, you Mind Reader, Sheer Cold (I would never use the set outside this by the way, just to clarify) and Sceptile Pursuit or Focus Punches so that the opponent has a choice of getting hit by Pursuit/Focus Punch or Sheer Cold.

Please Comment.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: All fun Double Battle Team

Protect on Articuno, otherwise 1st turn explosion beats this with ease. Also note that ohkos are frowned upon by anyone who plays competitive, so i wouldn't use this on nb, or the like

Fake out users also stop the ohko as well
Old 04-07-2007, 06:41 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah, that's why it's just an idea, never really use it, this is the only time that I ever thought of using 1HKOs, but still, it would be really funny right?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Idea is neat but I don't like it because it's shut down by weather setups and explosion. The latter being one of the most overused 2v2 strats. Might be a funny gimmick though.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 04-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

I'd just use something that gets STAB Focus Punch, so you'd be denting stuff more than with Sceptile's FP. Also, you could just take Sheer Cold off from the moveset and just bluff the opponent that you're using an OHKO move.

You might also want Protect on both Pokemon, as mentioned before. Or then use Gengar/Dusclops as your FPer.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:44 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Good point, but keep Sheer Cold, just don't use it the first turn so they think you're bluffing, then use it when they don't switch.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:31 AM
massi4h Offline
Master Trainer

there is the fact that most leads will most likely be able to OHKO Articuno or Sceptile.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:17 PM
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer

Personally, I am looking at the immense weakeness to Fire... Unless your Sheer Cold kills them in time... coz' many things can hold Flamethrower by surprise. Articuno does have good defenses, but that doesn't really help if both of the opposing Pokemon targets it with Flamethrower.

But yeah, its a pretty fun team if you ask me. Try Mind Reader+Protect to confuse the crapload outta people.

My theory is, you use Mind Reader, the opponent will automatically set both their Pokemon to target Articuno in hopes of taking it down right? But you use PROTECT, giving your Sceptile a free Focus Punch~

This is just my personal opinion. I am open to suggestions too. (Wait this isn't my team >.<)

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:11 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I like. Cheeky. I just wish that Houndoom could get FP (maybe if a special version of FP was made) because it would be perfect...