Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Is Togepi a baby Pokemon?

Oh... I guess I was wrong... (sobs in the corner)

One and only mistake that I'll ever make!!!!
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 04-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Wobbuffet113 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Still, if they plan on calling it a baby Pokemon, there should be some more strict rules for classification, unless its going to be a whole "i before e except after c + other random exceptions" thing (gotta hate the english language for that reason, lol)
I can see Tyrogue as a logical baby becuase Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan were revealed prior. same for Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Magmar, Electabuzz, etc. but Togetic came into existance at the same time, therefore making it far more debatable.
Also, out of curiosity, while familiar with the games, I am not with the TCG. Does Tyrogue and Pichu's card say on them that they are baby or basic (is baby even a choice?). Also, if the pokemon HQ is in charge of both the TCG (which, from what i gather, says its a basic) and the website (which claims its a baby), then why do they confuse me so? jerks...

Yeah, for now, I'll have to go with the classification of basic-baby pokemon.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Elite luxray Offline
Master Trainer

Well, ever since i have heard that pokemon silver, gold and crystal have come out, togepi has not been classified as a baby pokemon. However, i have read in a news artcle that now that togekiss, the evolution of togetic has been added, togepi has been classified as a baby pokemon. I do not know why nintendo has just suddenly done this. I always thought basic pokemon stayed basic, and baby pokemon stayed baby. However, i am not one to stop you on believing what you want.

luxray

Platinum: 3352 1501 1529
Diamond: Up as soon as i get my diamond back. X3
Mah Linkz
.:::My URPG stats:::.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 AM
Ness Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ness Send a message via MSN to Ness

At first I believed that Togepi was not a baby pokemon since it learned all the same moves that Togetic could learn. However there are two factors that I believe prove Togepi is a baby pokemon and one that supports this.

Proof
1) Togepi is incapable of breeding.
2) Togepi, Igglybuff, Pichu, and Cleffa all take the same amount of steps to hatch from their egg (2 560). These are the only pokemon in GSC that fall into this category.

Support
3) The fact that Togepi evolves through happiness further inforces the idea that Togepi is a baby pokemon (though other pokemon who are not babies evolve this way like Eevee and Chansey).