Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:21 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Question How does everyone like this Gardevior?

I love this Gardevior, ingame and great, my best IVs on a Pokemon yet, still in training:

Gardevior@Need help here, Leftovers and Salac berry work great but any other suggestions?
Trait: Trace(best switch in ability)Nature: Modest
EVs: I Maxed SAtk but that's all I remember
CM
Psycic
T-bolt
Magical Leaf

On Lv 50 it had 191 SAtk which means that she will either have 30 or 31 IV there. Magical Leaf is fun, I can't get Fire Punch, hate the chances of Hypnosis and Will-o-wisp doesn't suit me, hits Swampy, Claydol and all other Rock/Ground, Water/Ground or Water/Rocks, also is safe against pesky people with either Sand Veil DT or Bright Powder. What do you think???
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: How does everyone like this Gardevior???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb39 View Post
I love this Gardevior, ingame and great, my best IVs on a Pokemon yet, still in training:

Gardevior@Need help here, Leftovers and Salac berry work great but any other suggestions?
Trait: Trace(best switch in ability)Nature: Modest
EVs: I Maxed SAtk but that's all I remember
CM
Psycic
T-bolt
Destiny Bond

On Lv 50 it had 191 SAtk which means that she will either have 30 or 31 IV there. Magical Leaf is fun, I can't get Fire Punch, hate the chances of Hypnosis and Will-o-wisp doesn't suit me, hits Swampy, Claydol and all other Rock/Ground, Water/Ground or Water/Rocks, also is safe against pesky people with either Sand Veil DT or Bright Powder. What do you think???

A great moveset if you ask me, but Magical Leaf is not enough, give it Destiny Bond to take down 1 last opponent.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Ultima Shadow Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ultima Shadow Send a message via MSN to Ultima Shadow

The first three moves are fine, yes, but the fourth (Magical Leaf) needs a bit of work imo; it's an okay move, just that a lot of other things could go in its place. Destiny Bond finishes stuff as Ataro said, Sub is generally good, Protect can help encourage any Toxic/Burn that the opponent may have obtained, Reflect/Light Screen/Safeguard for support, Rest helps Special tanking, a good special Hidden Power can pwn when used right, Future Sight can take care of some stuff, and you could always make up some set with Imprison.

Though, if possible, I'd try to get Fire/Ice Punch on the set for good coverage.

w00t grader!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady on MSN...
βēŋĵď ™ says:
I hate quotes in sigs...
*INSERT TONS OF ANNOYING SMILEYS AND ANIMATED GIFS HERE OLOLOLOLOL*
Hidden Truths (My current URPG Story)
Dojo the Salamence
Level 100 @ 1570

Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
The first three moves are fine, yes, but the fourth (Magical Leaf) needs a bit of work imo; it's an okay move, just that a lot of other things could go in its place. Destiny Bond finishes stuff as Ataro said, Sub is generally good, Protect can help encourage any Toxic/Burn that the opponent may have obtained, Reflect/Light Screen/Safeguard for support, Rest helps Special tanking, a good special Hidden Power can pwn when used right, Future Sight can take care of some stuff, and you could always make up some set with Imprison.

Though, if possible, I'd try to get Fire/Ice Punch on the set for good coverage.
Oh by the way, I get my answers from smogon, but taking all from them is like so plain, so I do change some moves btw. Hahah.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:13 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I can't get Ice Punch, Fire Punch, or Destiny Bond, plus, it does surprise a lot of people.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 PM
darkcharizard Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well I liked him very much but the problem is with magical leafe

can any one give me the link to know what's IV training
Old 03-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Meh, I had a Gardy that looked like this:

Ability: Syncronize (I prefer this over Trace, since you might get an Ability that Gardy can't use properly like Lighteningrod, plus, it annoys Blissey to get zapped with Paralysis XD)
Nature: Modest (+Spe Atk, - Atk)
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Spe Atk
Item: Lefties
M-Set: Thunderbolt, WoW, Psychic, Recover

Yayness. WoW is there to cover for Gardy's awful Defense stat, since it lowers the foe's Attack power. Psychic for STAB, Thunderbolt for Steel and Dark types that are resistant to Psychic moves, and Recover for whenever you need to get back HP. However, you could go with CMGard, replcaing CM over WoW, and have a true Special Sweeper. It all depends on what you want/need.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 04-07-2007, 07:43 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Meh, I had a Gardy that looked like this:

Ability: Syncronize (I prefer this over Trace, since you might get an Ability that Gardy can't use properly like Lighteningrod, plus, it annoys Blissey to get zapped with Paralysis XD)
Nature: Modest (+Spe Atk, - Atk)
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Spe Atk
Item: Lefties
M-Set: Thunderbolt, WoW, Psychic, Recover

Yayness. WoW is there to cover for Gardy's awful Defense stat, since it lowers the foe's Attack power. Psychic for STAB, Thunderbolt for Steel and Dark types that are resistant to Psychic moves, and Recover for whenever you need to get back HP. However, you could go with CMGard, replcaing CM over WoW, and have a true Special Sweeper. It all depends on what you want/need.
Gardy can't get Recover, tell me how otherwise. The reason of Magical Leaf is that it is not standard, nobody really uses it, it is for people who usually eat through Gardy, mainly Claydol and Swampert, also idiots who like DT.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

For ingame

~ Thunderbolt
~ Hypnosis
~ Calm Mind
~ Psychic
@ Leftovers
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 04-08-2007, 03:28 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Seeker View Post
For ingame

~ Thunderbolt
~ Hypnosis
~ Calm Mind
~ Psychic
@ Leftovers
I hate Hypnosis on Gardy, too little accuracy, btw it's Lvl. 100 now and got 378 SAtk, so will damage huge in ingame non-ubers.