Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Dragonknight_Demikid Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
1. heh you're quite funny. That statement alone makes me not want to read the rest of your post, assuming it's the same quality.
Ummm I did say sorry for this.

Quote:
2. Who said anything about Hypnosis with low accuracy? Putting in Sleep Talk is definately not a waste of a moveslot, because every team needs something to absorb sleep with. Yes, he has Starmie, but after Starmie is switched out, the team is under a threat for a Sleep move again.
Thats the point, sleep threat. I am only saying its a waste of moveslot, cause sometimes its better off not hoping that you will be slept. I am sorry if I have an opinion on this.

Quote:
3. Since when did Dragonite need a Dragon/Ice move. When Mence pops out, Dragonite is switched out; simple? Yes, carrying IB is sometimes beneficial, but odds are that people would rather switch in their Skarm/Milotic/Cune to counter D-nite rather than risking their notably best sweeper, Salamence. You might want to get some of your facts straight first, kid.
There a lot of instances where a salamence might have to face Dnite. Salamence might be the only counter left, Dnite's speed is not that good compared to Salamence's so I don't see whats wrong in bringing it out after a previous pokemon dies.
Also, if Dnite was your last pokemon, and you have to play a Salamence, and I doubt any of those moves leaves you with a chance of rivaling against it.

Quote:
4.Gengar can Sub perfectly, because if Blissey is not packing IB, hello free sub. If Snorlax isn't packing FB/SB, hello free sub. If something tries to status you, hello again sub. And yes, I read your below-average comment correctly, but you failed miserably trying to make it sound reasonable. You really might want to do some more competitive battling before opening your mouth like that.
K Gengar can sub perfectly, all right I accept that. Now, Gengar can either subpunch or mixed sweep. But it can't do both at the same time, due to the fact that EVs won't distributed properly and effectively to use both. I never said it sucks at doing Subpunching, or just plain subbing, all I am saying is it needs HP Evs, and with mixed sweeping as well in the same moveset, it is going to be real hard to split Evs, hence a 75 hp sub will not be enough to set up an FP.

Quote:
You might want to check Smogon for some tips or something like that. Also, your use of mild swear words in a minor argument like this makes me giggle.
It isn't an argument, all I am trying to make is a point, you really rivaled me up there, and I had to stand up. Simple. As for smogon, I do check it time to time.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J- View Post
Eh Heracross is faster and can 2HKO .-.?
I stand corrected, his Dragonite barely has Spd Evs. ?_? Though, yes, +Spd Heracross Heracross can outspeed a +Spd Dragonite (base 80 and 85)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J-
And when the person is good and makes the right prediction?
Dilop should be able to make the same kind of good predictions.

[quote=-4J-Starmie's recover.
Agrron's Thunder Wave will cause even more ****.[/quote]

This is saying that Heracross hasn't taken any damage before, because otherwise it won't like taking a Surf from Starmie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J-
This is all of course factoring in that some Hera will be stored away until late game, and without wish support on the team and a spinless starmie, spikes will start to hurt, and give him even more troubles.
Yeah, I already mentioned the Spikes problem. also, hi, you also go to Smogon, right?

[quote=Dragonknight_Demikid]Thats the point, sleep threat. I am only saying its a waste of moveslot, cause sometimes its better off not hoping that you will be slept. I am sorry if I have an opinion on this.

Ugh, if you have Sleep Talk you should never wait for a Sleep move to hit you, you just switch into it. If it hits, then fine and you can attack with Sleep Talk. If doesn't hit, it' fine because Tauros is one fast Pokemon and can hit the sleeper back hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonknight_Demikid
There a lot of instances where a salamence might have to face Dnite. Salamence might be the only counter left, Dnite's speed is not that good compared to Salamence's so I don't see whats wrong in bringing it out after a previous pokemon dies.
Also, if Dnite was your last pokemon, and you have to play a Salamence, and I doubt any of those moves leaves you with a chance of rivaling against it.
I could insert Milotic in the place of Salamence in your post and call it argument. Seriously, that kind of situonality is useless when trying to make arguments.

Quote:
K Gengar can sub perfectly, all right I accept that. Now, Gengar can either subpunch or mixed sweep. But it can't do both at the same time, due to the fact that EVs won't distributed properly and effectively to use both. I never said it sucks at doing Subpunching, or just plain subbing, all I am saying is it needs HP Evs, and with mixed sweeping as well in the same moveset, it is going to be real hard to split Evs, hence a 75 hp sub will not be enough to set up an FP.
EVs: 193 Atk / 176 Spd / 140 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SpDef)

There, what seems to be the EV problem? Gets 330 Speed and enough Atk to 3HKO Lax/Bliss, iirc. I just had this in an old OU team of mine.

With two immunities and a bunch of resistances, I can't see how Gengar won't be able to put out a Substitute.

Quote:
It isn't an argument, all I am trying to make is a point, you really rivaled me up there, and I had to stand up. Simple. As for smogon, I do check it time to time.
I never rivaled you, it's called a debate. They're quite common and it's pretty much all right to stand up for yourself, but you need to provide well-stated facts rather than your own opinions.

Okay, now that there have been quite a few walls of text, should this be enough? After all, Dilop might have a hard time reading our posts.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
-4J- Offline

Quote:
also, hi, you also go to Smogon, right?
Yeah, I really need to start actually posting there more though.

I think we can basicaly shorten in down to that in order to get around heracross 100% safely, the team will just have to rely on heavy prediction.
Which is never a terrible thing in itself per se, but just means you'll have to watch for a common enemy more often than not.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J- View Post
Yeah, I really need to start actually posting there more though.

I think we can basicaly shorten in down to that in order to get around heracross 100% safely, the team will just have to rely on heavy prediction.
Which is never a terrible thing in itself per se, but just means you'll have to watch for a common enemy more often than not.
Yeah, I thought I saw your post in the DP section or something.

Thus, I recommended him a bulky water, which would fend off Heracross to an extent and take out Salamence problems. Skarmory would also do fine to give some protection from Heracross and there's already a rapid spin blocker in the team, so he'd get Spikes working as well.