View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Seviper Blood Offline

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

I have a story idea; I've written out the plot, yet I need to know what specific events will happen in the story. It's a fantasy about wolves that have special abilities (compare to Pokemon only more limited). Sure, doesn't sound like the best idea, but I'm trying to work on it. I need the help and support of some of the good writers on the forum, 'cause this idea needs a lot of work.

xXx

Old and experienced elders often enjoy relating stories to young ones. In the same way, storytellers have been formed. Nearly every large wolf pack has a storyteller to pass on the famous legends in order to keep them alive. Lately, however, such tales have begun to fade away. What cubs grasped as fact was thrown away and claimed to be fiction, no more than a bedtime story. What the wolves do not know is that the legends are filled with truth...

This is where Hazumiko Windfalcon comes in. No more than a couple of years old, this she-wolf has long ago abandoned her family and now lives on as a lone wolf. She searches for tales and legends, starting up her own collection of magical stories in order to separate made-up theories from the truth. Eventually, she will head back to her small pack, when an especially interesting legend catches her ear.

Long ago, grand abilities were bestowed upon the wolves. The Great Deity took the magic of the Northern Lights, filling three chosen wolves with the colors of the sky, of the forest, and of the flame. Other wolves are given the strength to conjure up their Shadows into a solid form; they often live in the darkness where they are most powerful.

Hazumiko suddenly turns and runs south, her powerful spirit urging her to meet up with the pack. This group consists of four wolves: Ryo Shadecaster, a reserved orphan yearling; Sayuri Riverspell, his close friend; Masaru Windfalcon, Hazumiko's young brother; and Aiko Lightlotus, Masaru's cousin and constant companion. These four wolves live in reasonable harmony, unaware that they themselves are a part of the legend of the Northern Lights.

xXx

This is possibly a part of a trilogy; the first may be called the Legends' Lights, and the second the Legends' Heart; I have the second partially planned out, but not as much as the first. There are a few problems that I'm running into while I keep planning this story.

How to explain the legends/begin the journey: My extremely vague idea: Hazumiko meets up with them and rattles off the story of the Northern Lights and instantly drags them off with hopes that one of them may be one of the Light Wolves. However, the abruptness of it bothers me... I guess having one of them, probably Aiko, the young cub, interested in it could help it along, though. I need an exact reason why she comes to find them, but I don't know how to work it out without giving TOO much away.

The actual legends: The story revolves around the idea of...well...stories and how they are told. My thought first of all was to turn Hazumiko into somewhat of a storyteller who is very mature for her age. It's not extremely believable, though. If I had to have more than the Northern Lights legend, it would be one that had to do with the Shadow Wolves (which, believe it or not, aren't mortal enemies of the Light Wolves at all). I need to know how much is enough or too much, which also brings me to my next point.

The powers: As of now, there are two abilities: Light and Shadow. The Light Wolves are able to form seperate bodies made of light, as well as bending it into fiery or icy beams or waves. The Shadow Wolves can do much the same thing, but with Shadows, and their powers are more limited. I was going to have two Shadow Wolves, and three Light ones (as the legend states). I was wondering if I should add more unique abilities. As of now, four out of the seven main-ish characters have some power or another (Light or Shadow). This may be too much, but it's vital to the storyline that there are three Light Wolves, and the Shadow Wolves are an added bonus.

Confusing genres/too much romance: When I started to plan Legends' Light, it was going to be an action/adventure fanfic in which truth and power is sought out (that sounded weird). However, much of the plot relies on romance, meaning most of the tensions and explanation of certain rivalries. It brings in a character and ties everything together, as well as affecting the growth of a young wolf's mind. It's important, but I didn't want to go overboard. I also didn't want anything seem cliched.

Any PMs or anything helpful would be...well...helpful. I'll love you forever if you look at this for more than a second and actually help out. ...Unless you're a guy; then I'll be your friend forever if you look at this for more than a second and actually help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Random Kaze
I saw you in my dream. You were strangling someone in apparently a jealous fit in a theater after me and this other guy freaked out because there was a fish on screen.
Vote me and Kaze for Best Couple of the Month (if just to annoy her :D)