View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 09:14 PM
ze_gobou Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
1) Unnamed as of yet: An 'inserting Pokemon into the real world' fic. It's about a boy living in a sleepy town in Wyoming that uncovers a scientific research facility doing testing on children. Basically, they're trying to find out what defines personality, a person's soul, if you will. They discover a way to seperate a portion of the soul from the body itself, in the shape of a Pokemon. The basic idea comes from His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman, although I intend upon changing it quite a bit from that.
Pokemon daemons ? I find this kinda far fetched. But why not ?

I personnally had a more clichéd idea. A few days ago I posted it on another thread but it seems like I should have posted it here ^^ And my idea changed a little.

It would be a story about Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza.
The first part takes place in the past, with no humans, only Pokemon. Kyogre and Groudon are battling, and Rayquaza stops the battle and saves the world. To make the fic deeper, I'll try to involve non-legendary Pokemon who are not powerful enough to do anything, they can just watch the world being destroyed by the titans. The reason why I haven't started writing yet is that I can't imagine these Pokemon characters.

The second part takes place in the present (present of the anime and games). It is, of course, about Kyogre and Groudon battling again, but this time it's Team Rocket who tries to catch them in order to rule the world, but they fail, and the titans "wake up", and they fight again, and they unintentionally begin to destroy cities... and at the end, Rayquaza comes and beats the titans, but Team Rocket tries to catch Rayquaza. I think I'll involve human characters (I thought about GymLeader Winona). Of course, the story would take place in Hoenn.

The third part would take place in the future, in a future where there wouldn't be many wild pokemon left (and almost no wild places), there would be many towns etc.
Kyogre and Groudon battle again (do I need to say it ?), but this time it's because of a wild Pokemon (he wakes them up unintentionally but I don't really know how, for the moment). The humans easily manage to catch the titans with Master Balls, but it would be too easy to finish the story like that... so i got the idea of some wild pokemon stealing the balls, and setting the titans free in order to have the human civilisation destroyed... Kyogre and Groudon, of course, go out of control, and that's when Rayquaza comes... to save the world (how did you guess what I was gonna say ?). Rayquaza beats the titans, but then he realises the wild Pokemon are really threatened by the humans, and he starts destroying towns as well, until... well, I don't know how it would happen... until humans understand that it was a mistake to build everywhere, destroying the nature where pokemon live.

*sigh* It was long to type it all... Sorry for the mistakes I must have made, English's not my mother tongue.

In my fic, Kyogre and Groudon aren't sentient, they are like machines (but they obey nobody whereas a machines does) but Rayquaza is sentient.

Could you please comment on this idea, tell me if it's clichéd, what I should change, or help me with the things I said I didn't know ? Thank you in advance.

My t-card, made by me. For the template, see this thread : http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=30270

Don't forget me, don't wait for me... Don't hate me, don't love me... Don't go, don't stay... Don't speak, don't be quiet... don't leave me, don't stay with me in the darkness... just... don't...