Thread: Author Archive
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 11:04 AM
kouklitsa Offline
New Trainer

Default Koukla's Fanfic

Koukla's Story Archive

I've been writing since I was about five. I've been writing fanfiction since I was nine. My first ever fanfic was called 'Terra' and it was about Terra from Teen Titans (I used to love that show). But since then I've only ever written Pokémon fanfic. My username on The Pokémon Tower is Koukla Doll. I used to write comedy fanfic, but then I wrote Deception and went spiralling down into the world of depressing fics. XDDDD Misfits is the most light-hearted fanfic I've written in about six months.
Deception is where fanfic writing really took off for me. I got completely absorbed into it and my characters for that story - Kiro, Hana, Ella, and Rick - became fully fleshed out and real. It was also the point at which I discovered, to my horror, that I could write romance. x_x Now I barely write any fanfics that AREN'T romance.

Misfits
Found at:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/PokeChann...?showtopic=372
Rating: PG (mild coarse language)
Genre: Romantic comedy
Personal rating: 8/10
Summary: Will is sixteen, cocky and arrogant, madly in love with Linda, who thinks he's a barbarian, hates his starter Pokémon, seems to be a magnet for trouble and thinks he might be going insane from stress.
Comments: The original idea for the story was this: what if a bunch of nutters, different in every possible way, got together and went on a Pokémon journey? Characters began forming in my head, and before I knew it I was at a keyboard. People have said that, although my other stories are good, they are depressing. I started to think I was emo. There's nothing wrong with being emo of course, but in real life I'm a pretty random, happy person. So I wanted to write a comedy just to prove to myself that I could write non-depressing stuff.
Extract: I scuffed my feet as I left the Centre. I got the worst possible starter Pokémon, was annihilated by a little kid, and now an insanely pretty girl thinks I'm barbaric. Could this day get any worse?

~ ~ ~

Cliff by the Sea
Found at: http://z9.invisionfree.com/PokeChann...?showtopic=354
Rating: PG-13 (mature themes, mild violence)
Genre: Tragedy
Personal rating: 10/10
Summary: A short one-shot about love, life and death.
Comments: You know those depressing stories I was talking about? This is one of them. XD I think it is easily the best fanfic I've ever written. Strangely enough, there was no 'idea' for this. I just felt like writing, so I sat down and wrote, and this is what I got. ^^ My best work is often spontaneous.
Extract: "One day, I'm going to go out to the sea, and find out," he had told her. "I'm sick of all this guessing. Someday soon, I swear, I'm going to get out of here and see the world."
"I'll miss you," she had replied with a small smile. He had taken her hand and they had sworn that they would go together and find out what was out there.
At first, she had been angry. Standing on the cliff, she had tossed the locket into the sea and screamed at him. "You promised me! You promised you'd take me with you and we'd see the world!" She had known he wasn't sorry.

~ ~ ~

Life is Confusing
Found at: http://z9.invisionfree.com/PokeChann...?showtopic=347
Rating: G
Genre: Romance
Personal rating: 8.5/10
Summary: When May discovers Harley is planning to drug Drew's Pokémon before a contest, she makes a difficult choice that is fair on everybody except her. Contestshipping.
Comments: I'm an obsessive Contestshipper and I've always wanted to write some kind of May/Drew romance. I was very satisfied with how this turned out.
Extract: I grinned ruefully. So Drew had me all figured out. One person in all the hundreds who had heard my lie knew the truth, and didn't hate me.
Surprisingly, Drew's knowledge of the truth was more important to me than anybody else's.

~ ~ ~

My Fairy-Tale Character
Found at: not published
Rating: PG (mature themes)
Genre: Romance/Adventure
Personal Rating: 8.5/10
Summary: An adaption of Pokémon Heroes, from Latias' point of view. Eonshipping.
Comments: I don't support Eonshipping, but I've always wanted to do a movie adaption. XDD I'm writing it by hand instead of on the computer.
Extract: I landed in the room in the Pokémon Centre, trembling so badly I could hardly stand...Ash looked up in surprise. "Bianca?"...He ran towards me. I flung myself upon him in terror. Oh, my fairy-tale character! Help me!

~ ~ ~

Deception
Rating: PG-13 (moderate violence, mature themes)
Genre: Drama/Romance
Personal rating: N/A
Summary: When May is kidnapped by an enigmatic, fourteen-year-old Rocket called Kiro, she suspects it will be difficult not to have some huge adventure. When Kiro kidnaps a scrawny eleven-year-old girl called May, he has no idea he's going to fall in love with her.
Comments: Wow. Long story behind this. ^^ The original idea for Deception was a simple concept that I thought up around seven months ago: 'Ash and friends all go their separate ways and realise they can't live without each other'. It was originally going to be called Dependant.
The original story was not planned. I began writing straight way. The first chapter was called 'Misty's Goodbye'. I planned to have Brock leave in the next chapter. Then in chapter three I started on May and found it impossible to stop. May, Kiro and their rather dramatic adventures drew me in completely. A comment: I stopped reading dependant from half of page two. But I just read the rest, and I've gotta say it'll give me nightmares tonight. o_O
Then, to my horror (I'm too young to write romance :P) I had May and Kiro falling in love with each other. It was around this point that Deception started to go downhill.
I discontinued it about a month ago and now I'm doing a rewrite. And planning it. XDD
Extract (note: this is from the original Deception, not the new version):"May," he said, crouching beside her. "May, wake up."
May didn't move.
"Get up, May," said Kiro, panic rising in his throat. He took May by the shoulder and shook her. There was no groan to confirm her unconsciousness, no flutter of eyelashes. She was absolutely limp.
"May, please," begged Kiro, sinking to his knees. "Wake up!"
There was no visible rise and fall of her chest. She had to get some air into her lungs, and Kiro had no idea what to do. He took her limp hand and squeezed it. "Don't die," said Kiro desperately. His voice dropped to a whisper. "Please, May."
May didn't move, but a hoarse croak escaped her dry lips. "K-Kiro," she whispered. Her eyes didn't open, but it was enough. Kiro knew she was alive.

~ ~ ~

Bike
Rating: PG-13 (mild themes, mild violence and drunk people :P)
Personal rating: N/A
Summary: Misty's grudge about her bike becomes very serious indeed. When Ash's life is put in danger, will Misty finally drop it?
Comments: This is another story I wrote a while ago but was very dissatisfied with. I am totally, totally, totally against Pokéshipping and AAMR - I firmly believe Ash is absolutely incapable of love (for anything except Brock's cooking ^^) - but I wanted to write a story about Misty's bicycle. I decided to write Bike a little before I decided to write Deception - about eight months ago - but it took me about three months to organise my thoughts and get a good, strong idea for it. Then I discarded that idea and chose one that made Bike a certain failure. So I sat down and wrote it. It took me about a week. I really rushed it, which may have been another factor that made it so unbelievably bad. So I'm rewriting it.
Extract (note: this is from the original Bike, not the new version): "What do you want now?" he asked Gary, stopping him before he could make some ominous threat and set one of his Pokemon on him. "You've already almost killed me, put me in hospital and had me out cold for two days. Now I try to take a nice, healing walk and you decide to kill me again? I don't think so." So Ash turned on his heel and walked away. Gary gaped at him. Then he pulled himself together.
"Are you kidding? I was going to apologise."
Ash stopped and turned around. "Seriously?"
Gary sniggered. "No."

~ ~ ~

Understanding
Found at: http://z9.invisionfree.com/PokeChann...?showtopic=344
Rating: PG (mature themes)
Genre: Short story
Personal rating: 7/10
Summary: After losing a battle, Pikachu is forced to confront some of its deepest and most controversial feelings that it may rather not have discovered.
Comments: This was another story that I wrote on the spot because I felt like writing. There ain't much of a story behind it.
Extract: He would never understand, try as he might, how I was feeling towards him just then. I ached just to nuzzle into his arms, forget this whole thing. I longed to be as loyal as he thought he was. I wanted so badly to make him happy. But I was not stupid, and as much as I hated myself for it, I just didn't understand why he made me battle for him. It seemed...wrong, that my 'friend' should do this to me.

~ ~ ~

Growing Up
Found at: http://z9.invisionfree.com/PokeChann...topic=355&st=0
Rating: PG (mild themes)
Personal rating: 9/10
Summary: Klio, the girl from Cliff by the Sea, and her best friend Matt, grow up in the quaint little town of Lavender, despised by everybody except each other. Klio battles her depression and Matt tries to keep up his cheerful cover as he struggles to express his feelings for her.
Comments: I have nothing to say except that I love this story and the idea for it. Matt and Klio are my two favourite characters I've ever created and this story follows their struggles, triumphs and adventures as they discover they're in love with each other.
Extract: "I'll take you with me," said Matt, and grabbed her hand. "We're going to go together, okay?"
"Promise?"
"Promise."
Klio smiled and looked back out to sea. "Don't forget me."

~ ~ ~

Hello
Found at: http://z9.invisionfree.com/PokeChann...?showtopic=368
Rating: PG-13 (adult themes, gore)
Genre: Songfic/Tragedy
Personal rating: 8/10
Summary: The day after Klio's suicide, her mother realises that her daughter was never told 'I love you' or helped with her homework.
Comments: I was listening to the song - 'Hello', by Evanescence - and the idea just jumped into my mind. Another depressing story. ^^
Extract: "Darling!" howled Evangeline at her daughter's face. Her cut had been cleaned, her neck straightened. What good would it do? Klio was gone! GONE! "Darling, I'm so sorry, I never meant it, I was a terrible mother, oh, darling, Klio darling..." She clutched at her daughter's shirt, stroked her limp hair.

Don't try to fix me
I'm not broken
Hello
I am the lie
Living for you so you can hide
Don't cry

~ ~ ~

Last edited by kouklitsa; 11-25-2006 at 11:06 PM. Reason: it wasn't done