View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: GLiTCH~ Questions/Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meno
My guess would be that in the newe games (Ruby and up), the creators made it so that at the end of every save file, there would be a little "this is allowed to be loaded" clause of the program. The first thing that the game does before it saves your game is erase that clause, then write your savefile as usual, and then rewrite the clause back into the end. So, if you try the old cloning trick now, since there is no "allow to load" clause at the end, the game will deem the savefile "corrupt", and load the previous one that you had. Maybe, I am completely wrong, but this seems reasonable to me, and it makes plenty of sense in combination with what I already know.
I'm not sure if I understood correctly, or if this is what you were actually saying, but in the games from Ruby onwards, you no longer need to save when switching boxes, so that's why the cloning trick wouldn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmeleonblaze
I tried that 3 times on crystal but it didn't work.
Yeah, I've never been able to do it on my Crystal version. Some people say that it doesn't work on Crystal, but then others say that you just have to get the timing exactly right on Crystal, so it's harder to do it on there than on G/S.