Thread: Freedom Tower
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 07:48 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Freedom Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ierdar
I knew they were going to build a new WTC, but calling it the "Freedom Tower"...Thats kinda sad. =\ But oh well, not like I could do much better naming it, lol.

And Marco: We'll always have enemies, we'll always have war. Only way thats possible, is if theres one person on Earth, and only one person. Unless of couse they're insane, and go to war with themselves. O_o Which would be pretty funny actually XD
That's correct. The entire place is still called the World Trade Center, just that one tower is called the Freedom Tower. There's many other smaller buildings at the WTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Yeah, when I hear such ludicrous terminology as "freedom fries", "freedom toast", and "freedom tower", I can't help but think of "Victory Gin" and "Victory Toast" from George Orwell's 1984
Freedom Tower probably sounds more weird because of the idea of freedom fries. Not something I would have named it, but not a big deal, just a name.