View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam
Default Re: George W. Bush: What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
I hate when everyone blames the current president, and thinks that the previous president has no fault in the problem.

Point taken.

Um... you are taking consideration the amount of his very lengthy and copius amount of speaches that he doesn't make a mistake in, right?

Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit fecicious about it

I hope you are referring to Bush Senior, because the White House did pass his proposal for a regime change in Iraq after Saddam tried to kill him. Bush Junior signed the allowance of a foot-inavsion of Iraq along with another bombing

I don't remember jack about Bush Sr. (since I was between the ages of 6 and 10 when he was in office), but maybe so

Actually, they had the materials, had programs both funded and in progress, and were actually making the weapons. He called it an Imminent threat, because something so small as a guy in nowheresvill who didn't like us was one, and one of the richest men in the world also didn't like us and had the means to have a more immenant threat.

Oh, so know you're saying that there was an imminent threat from Al-Qaeda?

Information from Al-Qaeda stated that Saddam help funded them. It turns out that they were wrong.

So know we're acting upon intelligence from terrorists. [sarcasm]Excellent.[/sarcasm] , that just furthers my view.

Something I'm going to clear up real quick: Bush doesn't "lie". Bush is told lies, which gets backed and he thinks it's true. He makes a speach about it, 3 months later they find it isn't true, and everyone points the blame at him. Don't they realize that HE was lied to first? Unless he personally goes on each investigation, he only knows what we know: what we're told.

Meh, I do agree that he is fed some crap, but I also refuse to believe that he is blameless in the intelligence fabrications.

The safety of America comes first.

I bolded the true parts of the "Bull" and came out with a nice steer. Even if they are stretching the tertairy purpose, it was still a purpose.
It was a purpose, but not a purpose important enough to warrant GOING TO WAR. My point is that the reasons for the invasion were completely incorrect, and I'd be willing to bet that the administration doesn't give a crap about the Iraqi people before the invasion, and fed that line to reporters to make them look better.

If the salvation of an oppresed people is enough purpose to go to war, than what's next? War with North Korea? Iran? Libya? Myanmar? Cuba? If so, who knows how many Americans will have to die needlessly.

While I'm at it, I may as well add another reason for my opposition to the president: the advocation of two-valued orientation. Before the Iraq War, propaganda was spread that basically said that since Iraq had funded (allegedly) Al-Qaeda that they must be evil, along with their best friends Iran and North Korea. [sarcasm] Oh, you didn't know that Iraq and Iran are strong allies? Oh, yeah, you must have missed that memo. Since they are both unfriendly with the US, they must be in it together -_-[/sarcasm]
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.