Thread: Freedom Tower
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 11:43 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Freedom Tower

Freedom Fries... and now the Freedom Tower?

Don't get me wrong, I love my freedom in this country, but just because we have it doesn't mean it makes a great name for everything.

The World Trade Center, being rebuilt to the tallest building on earth (1776 feet, 2000 feet including broadcast antenna), the tallest tower at the center, is being called the "Freedom Tower." It's still at the WTC, but like the name Twin Towers, the new tower needs a name. Freedom Tower wouldn't have been my pick, but that's just the way things go. Just a minor complaint, but the project of rebuilding the WTC is looking great.

I think it's great idea to build an even taller building. Although, I would have prefered the same exact towers to be built back, just to show that we're strong, and we're going to put it right back up. Original ideas were a series of much smaller buildings, which I didn't like at all. The idea we had to downsize because of the terrorists is sending the wrong message. The message of a taller and better building is a strong one, terrorists can not break our will.

Freedom Tower Gallery: http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/03...t.exclude.html

I'm looking forward to see when it's completed, scheduled for 2009. Judging from the plans, it looks amazing.

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 05-05-2004 at 11:47 PM.