View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:33 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: Heroes: The Next Generation (RP) PG-13

Ichiru and Kiseki
New York City
Apartments

“We need to stick together.” Ashley responded to Kiseki with a smile of her own before standing up from her place at the kitchen table and walking toward the freezer.

“What’s wrong?” Jeremy asked after she sighed in frustration a few moments later.

“There’s no more ice.” Ashley responded. “We actually don’t have that much food either. We only have what’s left on the counter and then a few things in the fridge.”

“I’ll go to the store then and stock up.” Jeremy announced, to which Ashley spun around.

“I’ll come with you.”

“No.” Jeremy shook his head. “You need to stay here and rest.”

“You can’t go by yourself, Jeremy.” Ashley argued as she walked toward her brother, although a few seconds later it seemed that a spell of dizziness hit her, and Ichiru stepped forward to help steady her when she leaned toward him for support.

“You still have a hangover, plus you just need rest.” Jeremy glanced at the twins as he spoke, directing his words at them. “Do one of you guys want to come with me? The other can stay here with Ashley to make sure she doesn’t do anything else that’s stupid.”

“Ha ha, very funny.” Ashley commented sarcastically as she rose from the couch and headed toward another room in the apartment; most likely her own. “I’m changing out of these clothes then.” After she disappeared into the room, Jeremy sighed, and after writing down what was probably a shopping list, spoke to the twins again.

“You guys are going to learn that she’s a real piece of work. I wouldn’t blame you guys if you left one random night and never came back.”

The twins chuckled along with Jeremy as Ashley returned to the living room in a change of clothes and sat on the couch. Her gaze shifted to Ichiru and Kiseki, and a playful smile came onto her face when she spoke.

“Since I’m pretty much on house arrest at the moment then which one of you is staying here to keep me entertained?”

“I’ll go with Jeremy.” Kiseki spoke up first, preventing Ichiru from making the choice he knew he would have. This thought was confirmed when the older twin looked back at him in protest, though it was obvious the protest wasn’t toward staying in the apartment, but rather letting Kiseki go out after all of the energy he had exerted using his abilities. “I feel a lot better now; some of my energy has already come back.”

After a few moments that made it seem as though he would argue, Ichiru finally sighed and gave a nod.

“Looks like I’m staying here, then.” He said with a smirk as his gaze shifted to Ashley. Kiseki knew that he normally would have made a playful comment, but he didn’t want to do so in front of Jeremy since he didn’t know how he would react. He could completely understand the older twin not wanting to risk making him angry when they had just gained each other’s trust. Before, he wouldn’t have cared and done it anyway, but now he was being respectful for some reason.

Kiseki smiled at the realization that his brother had already begun to change so much, but to Ichiru it only seemed that he was smiling because he had agreed to stay so easily.

“Don’t do something stupid and get yourself hurt.”

“I won’t, I won’t.” Kiseki responded like a child being lectured by his mother for the umpteenth time, although shortly after he gave his brother a rare smirk and comeback. “Same to you; don’t do anything stupid while we’re gone.”

Ichiru’s composure faltered briefly when he realized the meaning behind Kiseki’s words, and he scowled at his brother to hide the embarrassed expression that tried to come onto his face. Kiseki simply laughed at him, then turning his attention to Jeremy with the smile back on his face.

“I’m ready when you are.”

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."