View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
How about instead of the eggs hatching on a date that they hatch within a number of posts? Like, say it takes 30 posts to hatch a player's egg.

Not only does it give the players room to type out a post of their egg hatching, but they'll know ahead of time how long it'll take to hatch the egg. Plus, they could record how many posts left until it hatches in their post header or trainer stats? In addition, it would help promote players to post more as they'd have something to look forward to in the x number of posts to hatch their eggs.

Agreed, it'd just be simpler and more organized that way. XD

A list? Well, it depends on how much will be fit into the rules page. This is what I'm assuming thus far as a bare minimum:

-The GCEA games themselves (and the rules)
-Trainer Stats
-GCEA Club

This is what's optional so far:
-Tracy's Sketch Pad (or a variation of such)
-GCEA Journal
-GCEA Lottery
-GCEA Writing center (for Writing contests or any other variation of)
-Egg Adoption Center

I feel as if the Egg Adoption Center thread should probably be cut, however. The reason why is that, I feel as if the mods could just assign the eggs to characters in game (much like how Pokemon are released for the players to catch) and could save a thread doing so. However, it would need to be written into the rules as well.

For instance, a post would go like this:

Spoiler:

After only a few minutes, Cybil came across a strange object, but it wasn't just any object! It seemed like a Pokemon egg! However, she doesn't have a clue as to what Pokemon it'll hatch into.

(Hatches in 25 posts.)

Congratulations, Cybil found an egg! Be sure to record this in your trainer stats!

dkfjsdfjksdjf- OH, SO SORRY. I'LL START THAT ASAP TOMORROW, I PROMISE. I'm still doing the Unowns spelling out GCEA, right???

Also, if we go that route, I'm going to draw the Unowns up, but I'll completely finish the banners when the winning poll is announced so that I may color the banner twice for the versions respective color's.
I guess the post mechanic (Pokemon auto-hatch after X amount of posts) might work...Though that will mean the eggs will have to be rewards; if the eggs are free, then whatever Pokemon within is also free (because you pay nothing to hatch them). That being said, as a 'start-game promotion,' (or again, strictly a reward), that's almost perfect.

I do agree with the Egg Adoption Center being sent to die in a pit, however. GMs can easily weave in the find of an egg into the story.

Abilities will not be added in the first iteration of GCeA in PxR, period. I see no need to 'surprise' people with their inclusion midway-if they WILL exist but will be reserved for when everyone else has a fair amount of badges, then the rules will be added NOW to avoid confusion down the road. Otherwise, I'll just go with Judge Dredd this time. :P I still do want them, though.

I'll add a small section for Eggs to what will hopefully be the eighth and final revision of the rules of GCeA. After that is done, we'll finally start setting up shop in PxR and leave here for good, if it's all ready to go.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!