View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
Okay, I shall look over that shortly. c:

Honestly, I agree. I mean, I can see it happening where the joining trainer would have a badge less than the group. (Being completely even with players that have worked hard since the beginning seems rather unfair to me.) I mean, the reward of having done the gym is receiving a free Pokemon, correct? Then that's something that the players have earned for sticking around rather than jumping in late. But, it doesn't hurt the new players either by not having those Pokemon.

In short, if the badge thing isn't a thing, then I think it'd be cool to do. If it was a badge that was missed that the group later goes back to (like, going back to Goldenrod because of Team Rocket being at Radio Tower) then they could redeem the lost badge by battling at that gym.

Oh? This is something that I am not aware of. (Which reminds me, this should probably be mentioned in the rules; Gym Battles.)

How much do you have to pay in order to attend a gym battle? Depending on how steep it is and how the battles are done. I agree on the fact that paying to do a gym battle would stink. If we actually battle a set amount of Pokemon (like, with the battling forms) then I think the point requirement should be eliminated as the points could be used through those battles instead.
I only remember two off the top of my head: The first gym (7 points) and the fifth (22). I think it's 7, 12, 15, 17 and 22 thus far, and if the pattern holds, then 25, 27 and 32 are the last ones. So, in total, 157 are spent on Gym fees if I'm right. A point is basically a dollar, so you kind of realize how much you're spending just to get badges (and the level-up ceiling and some of the obediance system isn't in Kanto to the fullest). And it's not to attend, it's to claim the badge and prizes. And that's just in Kanto: The Johto ones? They're bigger. The first one was 15, and I can see it only go up...

...Yhea. There's a gameplay reason to drop it: In a game where you'll have to plan ahead to a degree on what you'll spend, you can't just drop money anywhere, spending more money for an almost critical buff you already had to do a tricky fight for might be a bit much.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!